You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 133>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 2:24pm
I would suggest Indie and make sure you regularly change the oil most importantly.VAG have produced some really duff engines over the last few years with tandem fuel pumps 
connected to oil pumps and brake vacuum systems.Ive repaired a good few over the last few years
that have balance shaft issues that need to replaced. An engineering company (I use, only one I know of)
in the UK has re engineered the shaft with a larger hex rod and hardened composite to keep the problem from re arising which is most definitely has.
The oil is so so important as they coke up strainers in the sump if they go beyond service intervals.(all VAG)Results are low oil pressure. and blown engines.This where they have you by the cojones,(dealers)
for warranty. anything over 6 years is indie time.Just make sure you have a good one.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 12:04pm
ABS light came on this morning, is it still safe to drive?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Depends if its an essential journey or not....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Depends if its an essential journey or not....

It is RB.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 12:30pm

Will be fine to drive under normal conditions, try to avoid hard braking tho just to be extra safe and don’t leave it long getting it sorted 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 1:49pm
Volvo s40. May have put up before. One of the reverse sensors has come loose and is not sitting flush in the bumper. It’s just hanging loose,and I can’t get my fingers in to bring it back into place to try glue. Ideas?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Volvo s40. May have put up before. One of the reverse sensors has come loose and is not sitting flush in the bumper. It’s just hanging loose,and I can’t get my fingers in to bring it back into place to try glue. Ideas?

Petrol or Diesel BSM?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 2:05pm
Diesel👍
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 2:12pm

Diesel👍
does the wife know this time?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Diesel👍
does the wife know this time?
yeah whyLOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 2:43pm

was it not you that put petrol into a diesel before?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 2:58pm

was it not you that put petrol into a diesel before?

LOLnah she did that one!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 2:58pm

Petrol or Diesel BSM?
Get you nowBig smile
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Will be fine to drive under normal conditions, try to avoid hard braking tho just to be extra safe and don’t leave it long getting it sorted 

Cheers 9f
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:56pm
Thanks for the advice lads. Am booking in with the lad in Portlaoise for the service anyway. He's worth a shout-out, George Dalton. Look him up if you have anything VAG as he really is very good and saved me loads of money  and ballache too.

Audi are still doing some fixes on the oil consumption problem on the 2.0 TFSI and some 1.8's too, even if they're way out of warranty. It's being kept quiet though. It's engines between 2007 and early 2012 that are affected, as far as I know. If you think you have it, they top your car up  and get you to drive 600 miles and if you've burnt more than 1 litre of oil, they take it in and  I think give you new rings and adjust internal engine pressure. If it persists, there's a second fix they do and then if that doesn't work, they drop in a new engine. It all depends on who you're going through apparently and whether they got their leg over the night before, but Audi will pay for some, or all of the fix. Having a full Audi service history is a crucial factor in how much 'goodwill' they're willing to give you, from what I've seen. Mad though that they even think that 1 litre of oil per 601 miles is somehow ok and within  acceptable limits. Sounds mental to me.

I'm hoping this car holds its value a bit better as it's the only petrol quattro A5 from its age that I've seen or know of here and given the trim it came with and the way diesel is going, it might be worth a bit more to somebody out there when the time comes to selling it, Who knows

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 12:09pm
I'm hopefully getting my new car next week, but the alloys that are on it are dreadful and take the whole look off the car.

If anyone has any recommendations on what are the best sites/garages/stores etc to browse on it would be most appreciated. 

Cheers in advance Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 12:05am
2011 Peugeot 3008,it’s crawling through the gears while in automatic...took it to a few mechanics and they don’t want anything to do with it,their saying that the dual gearbox in them always gives trouble and can only be fixed by a Peugeot dealer(fly wheel could be f**ked??).could cost between €1100/1500 to get fixed maybe a little less.i only put €800 into the car last year so looking to get rid of it now...I’m just wondering would gearbox trouble be picked up by a dealer if I was to trade it in or is there any quick fix that can be done to get it past a trade in if a dealer gets in it and drives it....before you say it...I’m done with the car and just want it gone so I’m not paying 1500 to get it fixed.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 7:44am
Volvo s40 Diesel.  She’s lacking power in every gear. Says on the dash that engine working on reduced power. Any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 133>
  Share Topic