You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 133>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Octavia VRS - 

When I start the car and put it into reverse, I get a loud beeping noise and an error saying the ParkPilot is currently not available. 

The park pilot does work then after a few minutes. 

The load noise is very irritating.

Are the sensors dirty or damaged?

try cleaning the sensors with wd40. if that fails one or more sensors might need to be replaced. 25 euro-ish for a new sensor.

Had the same issue with my Golf, was corrosion on the pins of the connector block. Bit of IPA and a scrub with an old toothbrush done the trick.

Best not use WD40 unless you mean the contact cleaner? The 3-1 stuff can perish plastic and make it dry and brittle.

EDIT: Just for clarity, IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol and NOT the beer. Not taking the blame for anyone shorting their cars electronics with a can of craft beer LOL

LOLLOL

I have used wd40 on the outside part of the sensors for years without trouble, the plastic is completely fine but I do wipe most of it off after its cleaned. There is about a million youtube mechanic videos recommending the same procedure. My sensors dont like the winter salt grime on the roads so always have to do it around this time of the year.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 8:30pm
Lads, particularly 9f, best time to rock us for an NCT visual test?

Late evening?

Edited by McG - 04 Apr 2023 at 8:30pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 12:12am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Late evening?
More staff on during the day so you’re generally quicker then. Don’t go up during lunch, skeleton staff on. 
Monday nights and Saturday days are the busiest 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 8:45am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Late evening?
More staff on during the day so you’re generally quicker then. Don’t go up during lunch, skeleton staff on. 
Monday nights and Saturday days are the busiest 

Sound Clap
AS YOU WERE McGx

celticfc24 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celticfc24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 6:44pm
Driving earlier, glow plug started flashing on dash, car lost power, stopped and car wouldn’t start. Waited for recovery truck, he couldn’t start it on side of the road. Still under warranty so waiting for the main dealer garage I purchased from to open back up again tomorrow. 2017 Skoda superb, 67000kms on the clock. Anyone any idea of what the problem could be? 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 9:17am
Originally posted by celticfc24 celticfc24 wrote:

Driving earlier, glow plug started flashing on dash, car lost power, stopped and car wouldn’t start. Waited for recovery truck, he couldn’t start it on side of the road. Still under warranty so waiting for the main dealer garage I purchased from to open back up again tomorrow. 2017 Skoda superb, 67000kms on the clock. Anyone any idea of what the problem could be? 

Glow plug relay would be my guess. Would definitely cause issues starting buy not sure it would make the engine cut out once up and running. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 9:42am
Recall similar happening to me in the middle of nowhere and it was a fuel injector busted. €400

Although car did start, it had no power and sounded f**ked up

Edited by McG - 11 Apr 2023 at 9:43am
AS YOU WERE McGx

Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2023 at 7:58am
If the glow plug light is flashing on and off it usually means an electrical fault of some sort in the car(usually nothing to do with the glow plugs), if the glow plug light comes on and stays on it means its the glow plugs. This is how vw run their warning system on most of their cars
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2023 at 8:26am
I had issues with glow plugs and it was the ECU that had to be fixed.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
celticfc24 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celticfc24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2023 at 12:00pm
Thanks for the responses. Haven’t gotten it checked out by garage yet as the garage is in a different part of the country to me and I’m being told it’s my responsibility to get the car to them, but the problem is the car won’t start. Even though it’s under warranty for another 4 months, I would have thought that they might have helped me with getting the car to them. Anyone in the motor trade able to answer if this is normally the case. Obviously not going to mention garage but it’s a main dealer of the brand of car I own. Purchased in February of this year with a 6 month internal dealer warranty 

Edited by celticfc24 - 12 Apr 2023 at 3:35pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 5:41pm
My Oul fellas car failed NCT   The VIN on the chassis is worn and unreadable. He was told to go to the Garda and get a form stamped. Local Garda never heard of this so was f**k all use. 
Can anywan point in right direction,9F?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

My Oul fellas car failed NCT   The VIN on the chassis is worn and unreadable. He was told to go to the Garda and get a form stamped. Local Garda never heard of this so was f**k all use. 
He needs to find what station his local PSV officer is based and bring to him to get stamped. On DNS it’s Santry Im not sure what station does on DSS 
EDIT. Looks like Santry looks after the whole county. 

Edited by 9fingers - 27 Apr 2023 at 6:17pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 6:25pm

He needs to find what station his local PSV officer is based and bring to him to get stamped. On DNS it’s Santry Im not sure what station does on DSS 

Says he was ringing them but got no answer. Any idea if it’s appointment only or do you just rock up?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 10:19pm

Says he was ringing them but got no answer. Any idea if it’s appointment only or do you just rock up?
Not 100% chief. I know the carriage office is appointment only, done by email, I’d guess this might be the same but best bet ring Santry & see what they say. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 11:49pm

Eindhoven?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Eindhoven?
LOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 7:20am

Not 100% chief. I know the carriage office is appointment only, done by email, I’d guess this might be the same but best bet ring Santry & see what they say. 
thanks me oul pal
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 1:34am
Anybody got their windows tinted on their car? Looking at getting back window and backseat windows done. Any idea of the cost involved?
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 133>
  Share Topic