You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 133>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Renault Trafic van-radio not working,LCD screen above radio with time ,temp etc gone blank. Cabin lights not working either in the front or the back of van. Everything else is fine.  
Check fuses 
a google will tell me where they are yeah. How will I “check”?
Do you have an owners handbook? It should give you location for fuse board and then a specific location for the fuse you’re after.
If no handbook google.  
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 11:33pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TirbxOt5hgI

I don't know if its the same for the newer model. I think they changed over around 2015.
Let Christy Take It.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:06am
found the fuse box but they are all numbered,the manual doesn’t have numbers. They are all little pics in the manual🤔
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:42pm
Have a 2012 Audi A3 have to get 4 new shocks as two of them are leaking one at the front and one at the back apparently for balance you cant replace just one at the back it has to be both and the same at the front, would 4 new shocks cost €800? Also would 4 break pads cost €800 too?
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Have a 2012 Audi A3 have to get 4 new shocks as two of them are leaking one at the front and one at the back apparently for balance you cant replace just one at the back it has to be both and the same at the front, would 4 new shocks cost €800? Also would 4 break pads cost €800 too?
No that’s very expensive. 4/500 for shocks and slightly less for pads 
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:54pm
I got new Brembo pads AND discs supplied and fitted all round for an A5 for €460. Is it just pads you need? Will be much much cheaper than that if so.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:57pm

found the fuse box but they are all numbered,the manual doesn’t have numbers. They are all little pics in the manual🤔
Middle row 3rd one down I think. There should be spare fuses and a little fuse removal tool in there too 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 3:36pm

Middle row 3rd one down I think. There should be spare fuses and a little fuse removal tool in there too 
cheers pal...yeah changed around the fuses and that wasn’t it! May be a loose connection 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 8:26pm
whats an easy to check tell tale that brake discs need changing? Im assuming it would be the groove indented from the pads or maybe just mileage?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

whats an easy to check tell tale that brake discs need changing? Im assuming it would be the groove indented from the pads or maybe just mileage?

A way to check yourself if you are not mechanically minded is to drive along the docks and drive as if you are about to drive into the water and then hit the brakes.  If your car goes into the water you need your brake discs replaced.  If the car stops before you drive off the edge they're good.  Let me know how you get on.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

A way to check yourself if you are not mechanically minded is to drive along the docks and drive as if you are about to drive into the water and then hit the brakes.  If your car goes into the water you need your brake discs replaced.  If the car stops before you drive off the edge they're good.  Let me know how you get on.
Thumbs Up

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:33pm

Edited by 9fingers - 25 Jul 2020 at 10:34pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:36pm

TJ was more helpfulLOL

Edited by Sham157 - 25 Jul 2020 at 10:36pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:36pm
Jesus I hate this site LOL it’s impossible to post images off the phone 

Anyway, there’s wear indicators on 95% brake discs, generally tho, if in doubt replace them, they’re generally inexpensive and usually well worth replacing if you’re doing pads 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:41pm

Anyway, there’s wear indicators on 95% brake discs, generally tho, if in doubt replace them, they’re generally inexpensive and usually well worth replacing if you’re doing pads 
Last service said they and the pads need replacing then when i was getting wipers in McCanns they said the discs were grand but pads had about 5k left. I can check pads easily enough myself anyway but never had to change discs before.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:43pm

Last service said they and the pads need replacing then when i was getting wipers in McCanns they said the discs were grand but pads had about 5k left. I can check pads easily enough myself anyway but never had to change discs before.
I’ll WhatsApp ya an image of a wear indicator and how to check. 

If you’re unsure I’d always replace the discs, new pads always go better with new discs & as I said they’re not too expensive generally 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:44pm

I’ll WhatsApp ya an image of a wear indicator and how to check. 

If you’re unsure I’d always replace the discs, new pads always go better with new discs & as I said they’re not too expensive generally 
CheersThumbs Up
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:51pm
My partner wants to buy the new model Golf as a runaround. Is the 1.5  petrol manual a good option? 

Customer service at VW showrooms leaves something to be desired, as I discovered today.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 07 Aug 2020 at 9:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 133>
  Share Topic