You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 133>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody know anything about cars?????!!
    Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:14pm
Need to buy a new car,as the better half is expecting in a few weeks and the fact that we've 2 dogs we've decided to go for an estate.narrowed it down to an 04 Audi a4 1.8 turbo avant petrol or a honda accord executive 2.2 deseil .the Audi is a lovely looking car but I guessing it'd be an animal on juice or is there much of a difference between 1.8 petrol and 2.2 deseil??? The honda has loads more extras but the tax is nearly €300 more a year than the Audii!!!!!both cars are the same price....just seems to me what you gain in one you lose in the other...Any help???
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:18pm
9 fingers is your man.
Bohs Till I Die
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:30pm
The accord deisel every time! The €300 on tax you'll make back in fuel savings in no time. The accord will be more reliable, more hard wearing (for the dogs and buggies etc) Also the boot is bigger. Lovely car to drive too, only advice I'd give would be to get a cartell check done as both would be ideal for reps or taxis so high mileage would be commonplace.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:34pm
Audi has 81,000 on it and the honda has 128,000 (both miles) is that a bit high for the honda or is that ok for a deisel engine??? The accord has a lovely cream leather finish aswell and as you said a massive boot.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Audi has 81,000 on it and the honda has 128,000 (both miles) is that a bit high for the honda or is that ok for a deisel engine??? The accord has a lovely cream leather finish aswell and as you said a massive boot.

128 is a little high, but if it was well looked after there shouldn't really be an issue. Private sale or from a garage? Any sort of service history?
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:45pm
As 9 finger said, a cartell check worth the money,
mate of Mine sold a 04 A4 to two business students from kerry last week, with 200k+ on the clock, its now on Donedeal with 100k taken off the clock
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:46pm
Garage and full service history....2 owners and the car is in mint condition 9fingers.....would the Audi be a guzzler on juice??the garage even offered for me to take one of them for the weekend....what price would you put on both of them??
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:46pm
Will the cartel check show the cars original mileage???
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 2:09pm
have had the 1.8T in my old Goft Gti and more recently a 180bhp version in an A3. Not great on petrol at all, I used to get about 280 miles to a tank (€70) and that would include a good bit of motorway driving too.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 2:18pm
Think the a4 is 163bhp sausy so it wouldn't be much Better on juice I'd say...though 280 miles for 70 isn't bad.the car will be mostly used by herself for going up and down the m50 to her folks when she has the baby,so I'd say the deisel honda would prob be the better choice.the Audi looks a beast of a car though.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 3:21pm
My focking Zafira is eating the juice
**** of a yoke
Also 9fingers...skreeching noise when I break from the back breaks
Didn't know there such a thing?
Thought breaks all in the front
Anything to worry about bud?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 3:41pm
The Audi is a lovely car to look at but the honda will be way more frugal on juice. Cartell will show up the mileage from all services and NCT tests. I think with a nipper on the way the Honda would be my choice
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

My focking Zafira is eating the juice
**** of a yoke
Also 9fingers...skreeching noise when I break from the back breaks
Didn't know there such a thing?
Thought breaks all in the front
Anything to worry about bud?

yeah BSM there's brakes at all wheels, bring to a mechanic and get it checked. Brakes aren't really something you should gamble with
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 9:22pm
Cheers 9fingers....gonna have another look at the two of them 2morrow,prob gonna go for the honda.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 10:21pm
Nissan Qashqai + 2, loads of space for you , missus, kiddies, dogs, and comes in 1.5 diesel , so cheap tax and very cheap to run.

====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 12:15pm

Think the a4 is 163bhp sausy so it wouldn't be much Better on juice I'd say...though 280 miles for 70 isn't bad.the car will be mostly used by herself for going up and down the m50 to her folks when she has the baby,so I'd say the deisel honda would prob be the better choice.the Audi looks a beast of a car though.

Those 1.8T go from 150bhp to 225bhp depending on the mapping and turbo. Not a fast car, but definitely quicker than most, lovely pull through the revs once the boost kicks in. Take it for a test drive and see what you think.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 9:35am
Went to check the two cars out yesterday....have to say the Audi looks unreal,but I ended up taken the honda for the weekend.lovely car to drive and very high spec model but one thing that gets me is.......when I picked up the car the light was on for deisel,I stuck €15 worth into it yesterday and the light is back on already....it did 29 miles for the €15...is this about right???im not sure how to work out the mpg but seems to me to not be great value??? The deisel was 145 a liter and the car too roughly about 7 liters(or is it gallons??)
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 10:36am

Went to check the two cars out yesterday....have to say the Audi looks unreal,but I ended up taken the honda for the weekend.lovely car to drive and very high spec model but one thing that gets me is.......when I picked up the car the light was on for deisel,I stuck €15 worth into it yesterday and the light is back on already....it did 29 miles for the €15...is this about right???im not sure how to work out the mpg but seems to me to not be great value??? The deisel was 145 a liter and the car too roughly about 7 liters(or is it gallons??)

If your getting 7 litres for 100 km then thats spot on for this bus , know someone who has one and he has never had a  bother  with it Wink
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 133>
  Share Topic