You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best away of the campaign?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Poll Question: What was yours?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [12.99%]
11 [14.29%]
6 [7.79%]
15 [19.48%]
32 [41.56%]
3 [3.90%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Best pub on the trip for me was Charlie Ps. Thought that was a right spot. And you got a class for your drink. Great craic in it the night before the game.
 1st or 2nd HeffWink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:47pm
Anyone in the Goffel Kolsch pub on the Thursday night with the piano man? We were talking to him for a bit afterwards and he was a big old communist, pretty much. Sound all the same.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Best pub on the trip for me was Charlie Ps. Thought that was a right spot. And you got a class for your drink. Great craic in it the night before the game.
 1st or 2nd HeffWink

Problem sorted. Glass not class.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:55pm
I really enjoyed Sweden Embarrassed
Theres only one sport that matters..
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

The session with the Hayes clan and Green Forevers mob plus others in Steve's on Saturday night in Amsterdam made the Germany trip a fantastic one.

and had nothing to do with the stripper

that and bar plan c on the friday were great sessions
I know nothing :-)
NewrycityonTour View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewrycityonTour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

The session with the Hayes clan and Green Forevers mob plus others in Steve's on Saturday night in Amsterdam made the Germany trip a fantastic one.

and had nothing to do with the stripper

that and bar plan c on the friday were great sessions

She was grand so.
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:57pm
Actually, I should give a hat tip to the ICE trains for Germany and the fact they served proper beer in proper glasses for about the same price as the pubs. €4.20 for 500ml bottle of Franziskaner, which is decent and certainly less than you pay in pubs here.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Actually, I should give a hat tip to the ICE trains for Germany and the fact they served proper beer in proper glasses for about the same price as the pubs. €4.20 for 500ml bottle of Franziskaner, which is decent and certainly less than you pay in pubs here.
how did you get on on the trains home Dave? We only had to train to Amsterdam but was saying to the lads on the train I don't know how you would travel back to Holyhead on trains after a few days like that on the beer
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:12pm
Vienna for me was my best trip this year. Spent few days in Budapest (were panteirA inducted me to east kerry one direction supporters club ) and then Vienna was good Charlie ps was perfect for meet ups

Would put cologne next as was a good trip were I got to meet a lot people of this and can never complain when can buy a bottle of jäger for €13.50. First fans game I've made it to as well

England away was great trip as well but as it was only a friendly cant put it ahead of the others. The crac we had in the clink hostel that night was great and daboi, deco and myself discovered corona and strawberry daiquiri makes a good combination
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

how did you get on on the trains home Dave? We only had to train to Amsterdam but was saying to the lads on the train I don't know how you would travel back to Holyhead on trains after a few days like that on the beer

I didn't, I took the train to Frankfurt on Saturday evening and then flew from there. I walked in the door at home just before midnight on Saturday.

Edit: went out overland. Dublin to Brussels on Wednesday, one night there, Cologne on Thursday, obv two nights there and flight home. Total cost of boats, trains and flights was €52 + €59 + €68 = €179.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 14 Oct 2013 at 8:19pm
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

I didn't, I took the train to Frankfurt on Saturday evening and then flew from there. I walked in the door at home just before midnight on Saturday.

Edit: went out overland. Dublin to Brussels on Wednesday, one night there, Cologne on Thursday, obv two nights there and flight home. Total cost of boats, trains and flights was €52 + €59 + €68 = €179.

ah right thought you did that trip return
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Vienna for me was my best trip this year. Spent few days in Budapest (were panteirA inducted me to east kerry one direction supporters club ) and then Vienna was good Charlie ps was perfect for meet ups

Would put cologne next as was a good trip were I got to meet a lot people of this and can never complain when can buy a bottle of jäger for €13.50. First fans game I've made it to as well

England away was great trip as well but as it was only a friendly cant put it ahead of the others. The crac we had in the clink hostel that night was great and daboi, deco and myself discovered corona and strawberry daiquiri makes a good combination

u were ripped off, a bottle of the cheap jagr in the local rewe was 4.99 Thumbs Up

i managed to get it into the stadium where there was no shortage of takers
Moscow Mule View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moscow Mule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Have to say Germany was as good as any , the people were super Thumbs Up
Agree that Germany was up there with the best. That said, the trip out to the stadium was horrendous and dangerous.

Some great craic in a few of the bars and the local Kolsh and Alt beers were superb. Stayed Saturday night in Dusseldorf and the place was hopping mad.

My order inc friendlies

1. Faroes - because it had to be done
2. Kazakhstan - good to go before they allow people to live there
3. Germany - beer and steaks
4. Austria - Fritz the tour guide
5. Budapest - cheap
6. Cardiff - easy for work

52. Stockholm - god forbid that you might want to enjoy yourself.
Who stole the Crow & Meatballs?
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Moscow Mule Moscow Mule wrote:

Agree that Germany was up there with the best. That said, the trip out to the stadium was horrendous and dangerous.

Some great craic in a few of the bars and the local Kolsh and Alt beers were superb. Stayed Saturday night in Dusseldorf and the place was hopping mad.

My order inc friendlies

5. Budapest - cheap

What about WatfordWink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Moscow Mule View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moscow Mule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:55pm

Originally posted by Moscow Mule Moscow Mule wrote:

My order inc friendlies

5. Budapest - cheap

What about WatfordWink
Seen it beforeLOL
Who stole the Crow & Meatballs?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:59pm

What about WatfordWink

Actually, did forget to mention Moscow and SH's Watford local earlier, a great bunch of lads Clap

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 11:33pm
Cologne for me by a distance. Savage spot. Honourable mentions to Stockholm and Kazakhstan.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 11:45pm
to be fair to stockholm, i enjoyed myself, no such thing as bad away trip, just others were a lot better, still sick missed kazakstanDead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic