You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best away of the campaign?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Poll Question: What was yours?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [12.99%]
11 [14.29%]
6 [7.79%]
15 [19.48%]
32 [41.56%]
3 [3.90%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 11:46am
Kazakhstan was the best for me mainly due to the fact it was such a random destination. 2nd best for me was Germany.

Of the friendlies I travelled to this campaign London was probably my favourite.
Sponsored Links

Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 12:01pm
Germany/Austria for me hard to call - Stockholm was the worst i was at.

Fecking Nanny state.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 12:58pm
wouldnt do Sweden or Faroes Again

Ticked off the bucket List

Edited by daboi89 - 14 Oct 2013 at 12:58pm
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

Germany/Austria for me hard to call - Stockholm was the worst i was at.

Fecking Nanny state.
possibly the worst away destination i was ever at
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:24pm
vienna for me followed by cardiff and germany and the faores hated stockholm cudnt wait to get outta there
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:48pm
I probably would go to Stockholm again but not Kazakhstan, despite the fact I enjoyed Kstan better. It's pretty far and the flights were expensive. Plus, I can imagine it would be much the same the second time round. While I really enjoyed it, I don't think I'll be going back if we draw them next time out.
UpYePupYe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I probably would go to Stockholm again but not Kazakhstan, despite the fact I enjoyed Kstan better. It's pretty far and the flights were expensive. Plus, I can imagine it would be much the same the second time round. While I really enjoyed it, I don't think I'll be going back if we draw them next time out.
When is the draw, next Feb? Good meeting you lad and Fran in the pub across from the Corkonian before ye headed off on Saturday.
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 5:25pm
Kazakhstan was savage..

every bit of it was funny
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 6:51pm
Enjoyed them all Vienna would edge cologne if only for the weather

Can understand people not liking Stockholm as it was too cold to walk around and bump into people

Think it would be a grand spot with decent weather
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Kazakhstan was savage..

every bit of it was funny
+1 Strange Place but glad of the experience of being there, Top Class Trip and the Adidas Bar would have to be up there as one of the Best that have looked after us on away tripsClap 
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:25pm
And lets not forget the bizarre taxi experience. Stick out the hand, wait for someone to pull over, haggle a bit by shouting "Respublicka" to get to the adidas bar or guns and roses, and then bartering in a currency you don't understand to make sure you get there for less than 1,000 Tenge.
NewrycityonTour View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewrycityonTour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:27pm
The session with the Hayes clan and Green Forevers mob plus others in Steve's on Saturday night in Amsterdam made the Germany trip a fantastic one.
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:28pm
Have to say Germany was as good as any , the people were super Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Have to say Germany was as good as any , the people were super Thumbs Up
Echo ThisClap
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm
I only made it to Sweden and Germany this campaign because the Euros absolutely broke me, and not just financially either!
From a footballing point of view, obviously Sweden was way better.
But for the sake of craic, madness and general hilarious hardship Cologne was different class altogether!

The England match was the first friendly I actually enjoyed being at in a long time as well.
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm
Sad not to hear many Cardiff stories, the only night where I stayed and mingled with the Irish fans rather than going straight back home like I did in London - the only possible downside to it for me was I left at 6am so I was well and truly knackered by closing time 3am the next morning!

Might have been the worst game possible but I keep re-watching it as I'm on the Front row and can see myself at nearly every time the action reached the centre circle, decent seat for £15! LOL

Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:38pm
Celtic Tiger still well alive I see not to much hurt taken by YBIG members who must be immune to the economy Thumbs Up 
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:41pm
Best pub on the trip for me was Charlie Ps. Thought that was a right spot. And you got a glass for your drink. Great craic in it the night before the game.

Edited by theheff1989 - 14 Oct 2013 at 7:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic