You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flashing the headlights on your car - what for ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flashing the headlights on your car - what for ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flashing the headlights on your car - what for ?
    Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 7:17pm
Why do u flash headlights on your car?

To let someone out - 'u may drive out in front of me' ?
To warn someone that you are driving past ' u may NOT drive out in front of me' (a bit like beeping your horn)

whats the YBIG consensus?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 7:49pm
Usually coz some prick hasnt dimmed
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 8:26pm
Spend my working week doing this Jinky as commute nearly 100 miles a day - between telling feckers to move from the outside lane as they are driving 50 mph with no care in the world as to who or what's happening behind them-as to letting people out of sideroads i'm looking to get onto ( without acknowledgement most of the times btw ) to warning people there is a speed camera  etc - most experienced drivers know why you are doing it but I have had enough of it - I will ram them I will let them get speeding tickets I will undertake them because this country is full of useless coonts on the road absolutely sick of these imbeciles - end of rant - and no being racist when I am in the free state its the black coonts in the outside lane in their 98 micra that keep me back
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 8:40pm
I never wave anyone out or flash lights to let them out, cos then if that person crashes, it's your fault cos yer man will say "he let me out", my driving instructor told me never to do so and I don't.

I'd flash someone to say thanks if there's parked cars both sides of the street and a car lets me go first.  I'd also flash some ignorant fooker who may have pissed me off (usually a taxi driver).  Apart from that, the only flashing I do (or used to do) was near the school playground when I was an adolescent finding myself. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I never wave anyone out or flash lights to let them out, cos then if that person crashes, it's your fault cos yer man will say "he let me out", my driving instructor told me never to do so and I don't.

I'd flash someone to say thanks if there's parked cars both sides of the street and a car lets me go first.  I'd also flash some ignorant fooker who may have pissed me off (usually a taxi driver).  Apart from that, the only flashing I do (or used to do) was near the school playground when I was an adolescent fondling myself. 

People jailed for less FW Wink
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:26pm

True.
I do this to people I dont like, taxi drivers, white vans etc
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:42pm
I hate when people flash you when theres a garda checkpoint down the road. All their doing is warning robbing scumbags and travelling criminals on the way to or from knocking off some old age people.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 11:40pm
Getting flashed has saved me a few speeding tickets over the years. One particular time I managed to slow down just in time. The guard still pulled me over at the bottom but he said if I had of been going 5kph more he would have had to give me a ticket.

Generally flash people if I see they need to get out of a side road and there are a row of cars behind me and its safe for him to get out on the road. Would flash the odd time to warn of a speed check but know someone who was pulled for that before so a bit weary top so would depend on me mood

Hate when you are trying to get off a side road, there is only one car coming and nobody behind him so you are waiting for him to pass and next minute he stops as flashes you to go out. Ok thanks for the gesture but if you had of kept going I'd be just as quick getting out

Edited by t_rAndy - 10 Oct 2013 at 11:42pm
BoboDub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 8:41am
I'd only really flash an oncoming car if they have the high beams on. 

I'd give a quick click of the hazards if someone in heavy traffic let me into their lane.

absolutely hate the ignorant bollockses who drive at either half the speed limit or twice the speed limit on the outside lane of the road or motorway.  crash causers if ever I've seen them.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 9:33am
Cant stand people who when you let them out or into your lane they don't wave to say thanks or flash the hazards.

I'd have no problem flashing the lights to warn people of a checkpoint, etc.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 9:39am
I flash the headlights and beep the horn when approaching a cyclist to warn them to get off my road
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
curtains View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curtains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:53am

I'd flash someone to say thanks if there's parked cars both sides of the street and a car lets me go first.  I'd also flash some ignorant fooker who may have pissed me off (usually a taxi driver).  Apart from that, the only flashing I do (or used to do) was near the school playground when I was an adolescent finding myself. 

I was told the opposite. Dont go out when flashed as if you crash its YOUR fault!!
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 11:16am
Dogging?
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

Spend my working week doing this Jinky as commute nearly 100 miles a day - between telling feckers to move from the outside lane as they are driving 50 mph with no care in the world as to who or what's happening behind them-as to letting people out of sideroads i'm looking to get onto ( without acknowledgement most of the times btw ) to warning people there is a speed camera  etc - most experienced drivers know why you are doing it but I have had enough of it - I will ram them I will let them get speeding tickets I will undertake them because this country is full of useless coonts on the road absolutely sick of these imbeciles - end of rant - and no being racist when I am in the free state its the black coonts in the outside lane in their 98 micra that keep me back
is Tony gaa jinky
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

is Tony gaa jinky

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 9:09pm
wha?
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:39am
I flash headlights to signal someone when they don't have their lights on
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic