You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Germany / Kazakhstan Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:09pm
Hope your wrong Rolo,but yeah, it doesnt look great tbh,we might see a rejuvenated team with a decent performance,heres hoping.
Sponsored Links

IrwinClass View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrwinClass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by IrwinClass IrwinClass wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Gibson was way off the pace tonight for Everton. Notwithstanding his lack of fitness, he was poor all round. Mistimed challenges, overhit passes, would not be starting against Germany on that kind of form.

McCarthy was fairly anonymous for a lot of the first half (Everton's best spell). Neat passer of the ball but then seems to find himself in a position where he cant retrieve it again, and as has been pointed out doesn't go looking for it enough. Got stuck in in the second half but overall, not his best performance although better than Gibson.

Coleman was good tonight. One of the few Everton players to emerge with any credit, although he missed a really good chance to equalise late on when all he had to do was hit the target but he messed it up.

Gibson was rusty no doubt, although he was still better than McCarthy for me, both were quite poor overall though. To say McCarthy was anonymous is a bit of an understatement. At least you knew Gibson was on the pitch. Mistimed challenges? Karagounis made a meal of the first foul and the second foul on Parker looked like a great tackle. Gibson appeared to be slack for the goal although he showed Bent onto his left foot and Robles should be saving that really from that angle.

Germany is 2 and a half weeks away and Everton have two games before that, so no reason for Gibson to not be in the squad unless you've discovered some new midfielders.

Never said Gibson shouldnt be in the squad, if you read my post - which you quoted - I said he shouldnt be starting against Germany.

As for McCarthy, yeah I do agree than anonymous was an understatement, he was invisible in the first half. But he improved in the second half.

Overall, I am very worried about our midfield after last night. There is no doubt that both are talented players, but if both play like that against Germany we will get a hiding.

This game in Cologne is going to be a very long 90 minutes.

Fair enough. They didn't get the opportunity last night to play CM together though. That waste of space Heitinga was there getting in the way which meant that McCarthy was playing AM/covering RM. McCarthy improved when it was him and Barry playing CM in the last 20 mins.

First half it was:

Coleman Stones Distin Oviedo
               Heitinga Gibson
Deulofeu      McCarthy   Naismith
                Lukaku

After the subs it became:

Stones Jagielka Distin
Coleman                           Oviedo
         McCarthy Barry
   Mirallas                Deulofeu
               Lukaku

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:50pm
McCarthy is better holding up the play. Hes no attacking midfielder and IMO he wont be anytime soon either
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrwinClass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

McCarthy is better holding up the play. Hes no attacking midfielder and IMO he wont be anytime soon either

Agree completely. It's strange that Martinez at the moment wants to try him at being McPlatini again.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:03pm
Don't expect too many changes. I be happy to see Gibson and Andy Reid back
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 7:05pm

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Agree completely. It's strange that Martinez at the moment wants to try him at being McPlatini again.

Should have Barry and McCarthy holding, with Mirallas, Deulofeu and Barkley behind Lukaku.

If the current experiment persists, the fans will turn on McCarthy pretty soon.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:26pm
Mc Carthy is a good attacking midfielder,  he played deep at Wigan because no one was able to play that role, but his nature is to create football like Platini, Hagi or any other flair player, his plus is that he has learned the dfensive duties as well.   But please know the game, dont get mistaken, James McCarthy is an attacking short-passing midfielder
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrwinClass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:48pm
That Trapnoclue fella spoke more sense than you do. You are the biggest spoofer on this forum, whoever you are.

McCarthy has never shown anything to suggest he is an AM. Look at the goal records of the players you compare him to.

Platini 353 in 652.
Hagi 310 in 766.
McCarthy 21 in 253.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:41pm
Mc is a fine footballer and could go on to big things for club and country...but I have to agree about this number 10 thing...it's a myth.
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:36am

That Trapnoclue fella spoke more sense than you do. You are the biggest spoofer on this forum, whoever you are.

McCarthy has never shown anything to suggest he is an AM. Look at the goal records of the players you compare him to.

Platini 353 in 652.
Hagi 310 in 766.
McCarthy 21 in 253.

I will give you strong arguments...  And both of you have to realize that once Robbie is gone the #10 shirt will go to McCarthy he has already used that shirt twice for Ireland.  I remember when he played vs Uruguay on his debut game, I think,  he was using the number 10 shirt, and  the uruguayans played hard ball against him, he was man marked the whole game by 2 of the most dirty players of modern football Arévalo "el cacha" Rios y el "ruso"  Perez.

You are comparing him with the final carrers and stats of both Hagi and Platini, the kid is only 22 years old, the today's Platini or Hagi is Pirlo, you can compare him with Pirlo as well,  he doesnt take penalty kicks, nor free kicks yet one reason of his low goal rate,..

he is a bit shy, but will grow in confidence 
He played deep for 2 years at Wigan
because he was the best of all to have the first pass, 

Both Hagi and Platini the managers built a team around them, iRELAND NEEDS TO DO THE SAME,  built a team to make him shine.   Who's the best irish player?  McCarthy, what is the best way to win games and go to tournaments and cups,  pass the ball to James McCarthy as simple as football, my good lads!!!

eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 3:01am
I assume Javier read his posts in a fake Argentinian accent! 3 years talking to himself in a made up voice!!
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 3:17am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

I assume Javier read his posts in a fake Argentinian accent! 3 years talking to himself in a made up voice!!

your assumption is wrong, as the french say "être à côté de la plaqu"  no fake poster, eire77.

But I can do, and Im gonna do a good Tommy Lee Jones accent in "Blown away".
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:35am
Squad announced on Monday.
Noel plans on travelling to England to watch games live during the weekend Clap
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:44am
Go on Javier give us a little proof of your existence....
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:15am
Not even a picture of yourself, even a picture of today's newspaper would do the trick, with the word "Javier" written across the top. No way we could complain then.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:36am
Its 7.30 in the morning in Argentina and this lad is online posting about James McCarthy.

Javier, upload a pic of today's newspaper, with the word "Javier" written across the top.

This will prove at least that you are in Argentina, as you claim to be.

If you dont do that within three days or so I will ban you from this forum, WUMs/fake posters are not welcome on the forum.

So do us a favour and prove that you are in Argentina, thank you.

Going to send this to you by PM too.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:47am
Fair play to you Javier - I'm sure all movies shown in Argentina are broadcast in their original language. GTF
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Fair play to you Javier - I'm sure all movies shown in Argentina are broadcast in their original language. GTF

You should be a federal prosecutor.good spot
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>
  Share Topic