You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Current Forum rivalries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 10:57pm
I never get the whole don't mention names thing. With the amount of personal information people post on this forum along with links to social media I'd be able to have a good guess at people's names, and that's without not even knowing them.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I never get the whole don't mention names thing. With the amount of personal information people post on this forum along with links to social media I'd be able to have a good guess at people's names, and that's without not even knowing them.
nail on the head Martin
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:03pm

It depends on the context. The poster that did it, did it to try and act in a sinister way. It was used to intimidate and say I know who you are etc

Edited by Landon Donovan - 04 Feb 2015 at 11:05pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:07pm
LOL Ah ffs, you sure your name is not Richard Head 
Whiskey winger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whiskey winger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

It depends on the context. The poster that did it, did it to try and act in a sinister way. It was used to intimidate and say I know who you are etc

Haha, paranoid much?  Sinister?  Intimidate? 

How many mods did you PM, SMS or call today ?  Seats are not for feet  on Dublin Bus
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:42pm
Ffs jesus christ
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:44pm
I didnt PM any mods, I never do. I know there are still good folk on YBIG Thumbs Up

But I tell you one thing, you have me, I cant guess who this is. I can usually pick up the re-regs, fake posters straight off. And I am a firm believer of a wrong guess deserves a ban so I will bide my time or just wait until you get banned Approve

Edited by Landon Donovan - 04 Feb 2015 at 11:45pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 6:57am

Trust me dude if you have had to live with my first name for the last 56 years you would see why best not to say it on here . Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 7:06am

Not everybody is on social media SS and anyway it is poor form if somebody posts another posters personal info
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 7:11am
Poor form getting it wrong. No way is he a Dirk, definitely a Rupert or a Joffrey
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Trust me dude if you have had to live with my first name for the last 56 years you would see why best not to say it on here . Confused

Aloysius? Come on Murph, enlighten us!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Not everybody is on social media SS and anyway it is poor form if somebody posts another posters personal info

Yeah if someone doesn't want their name put up on this they shouldn't. However, taking this forum as an example some people post what they work as, where they live, roughly, along with other personal information.

Even with that information you could have a pretty good profile of someone.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 05 Feb 2015 at 8:55am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 11:21am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Nope everytime i tell people they laugh Cry
Ask me again if you see me at a game EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 11:23am

Cornelius?

londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 11:35am

It's not really a rivalry. I post, he loses the head and dishes out abuse, I ignore him. Wash, rinse, repeat.

LOL sorry i'm new to this thread so only just seeing this now. 

LD, our last "exchange" can be seen on the following link:

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/greek-election_topic50926_page2.html

Not exactly "I post, he loses the head and dishes out abuse"...

More like, I post, you troll, say something embarrassingly stupid, i question it, you run...

You're a troll. Basically a waste of good sperm. However i do find you entertaining so keep it up. 

And do you really notify mods when people call you names? Embarrassed

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 11:36am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Cornelius?

Really Podge .
I was hassled by Bear11 about this for a while and i told him not to laugh if i told him , well he didn't but remember the bit in The life of Brian when ceasar was calling out names free ruuuuupurt , roonnnald and the two gaurds trying to keep a straight face , yep that's the one Confused
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

It's not really a rivalry. I post, he loses the head and dishes out abuse, I ignore him. Wash, rinse, repeat.

LOL sorry i'm new to this thread so only just seeing this now. 

LD, our last "exchange" can be seen on the following link:

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/greek-election_topic50926_page2.html

Not exactly "<span style="font-size: 11.9999990463257px; line-height: 18.6666660308838px;">I post, he loses the head and dishes out abuse"...</span>
<span style="font-size: 11.9999990463257px; line-height: 18.6666660308838px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 11.9999990463257px; line-height: 18.6666660308838px;">More like, I post, you troll, say something </span>embarrassingly<span style="font-size: 11.9999990463257px; line-height: 18.6666660308838px;"> stupid, i question it, you run...</span>
</span>
<span style="font-size: 11.9999990463257px; line-height: 18.6666660308838px;">You're a troll. Basically a waste of good sperm. However i do find you entertaining so keep it up. </span>
</span>
<span style="font-size: 11.9999990463257px; line-height: 18.6666660308838px;">And do you really notify mods when people call you names? Embarrassed</span>
</span>
</span>

You called me stupid **** and then expected me to spend time in giving you a reasonable response

Even in the above post you are going out of your way to be insulting. Play nice and I will give you all the time you deserve

And I have not PM'd the mods. But I think the lack of intervention on how you people have behaved sets a bad tone

Edited by Landon Donovan - 05 Feb 2015 at 1:47pm
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 2:10pm
Again, not true. If you read the thread you'll see i only refer to you as a stupid c.unt after you refused to explained your racist, ridicous and embarrassingly stupid comment. Not the first time i might add. Remember your ludacous ISIS comment that couldnt be explained or backed up? LOL

Now run along and stop crying to the mods
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
  Share Topic