You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:35pm
Stayed in hotel Pennsylvania last year when over for the Ireland match. Its directly across the street from Madison Sq Garden/ Penn Station. Its gets mixed reviews online but we had no issues whatsoever. Its was perfec5 for what we wanted, somewhere to get the ehad down. Unless youre go8ng to be in your room a lot, I wouldnt waste yor money on a swanky hotel.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:15pm
Websites like hotwire.com and hoteltonight.com will give you some great deals in great locations.

As was said above, don't waste your money on hotels because you will barely be in the room.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:31am
I stayed in the Lexington on 48th when I was there in Sept. It was perfect. Great Location too. 4 mins walk to times square.
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
W32nd is a great spot. Koreantown, some lovely restaurants around there. La Quinta inn was a lovely hotel (good few years since I was there though).

Home of the Korean "mafia" in America too apparently.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

W32nd is a great spot. Koreantown, some lovely restaurants around there. La Quinta inn was a lovely hotel (good few years since I was there though).

Home of the Korean
"mafia" in America too apparently.

Stayed there last easter great location , Class little roof top bar with view savage views on the Empire State building.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 2:40pm
Revolut have converted some of my EUR to USD as it's now hit $1.20 to the euro. Must be the first time it's hit that in awhile. Handy feature to have and would've been perfect timing as I was supposed to be in New York next week. 

Hoping to be there in November as well but that more than likely definitely out too. This poxy virus Unhappy  

Edited by irishmufc - 01 Sep 2020 at 2:41pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Revolut have converted some of my EUR to USD as it's now hit $1.20 to the euro. Must be the first time it's hit that in awhile. Handy feature to have and would've been perfect timing as I was supposed to be in New York next week. 

Hoping to be there in November as well but that more than likely definitely out too. This poxy virus Unhappy  
Voter fraud?
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:22pm
was meant to be going next week aswell! Took the vouchers and will just wait for everything to die down if it ever will before re-booking 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Voter fraud?

Actually a few of us were going to head over to Florida for the election LOL

I know someone who was in Key West for election night in 2016 and said it was great craic. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:32pm
Was in NY for the first time in March, flew in and stayed in an airport hotel that night, boarded a ship the next morn for a week long cruise.

Had 3 nights in Times Square booked for after the cruise, including Paddy's Day, but had to cut the holiday short and head home a few days early so missed out on seeing all the sights Cry

Hoping to go back next year assuming this fuc king virus is under control!

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:34pm

Got the same alert, was due over to the super bowl on February, so be it, another year! 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:37pm
Was there this time last year stayed on 96th street on the upper west side a good bit away from the normal tourist areas but still loved it, handy enough to get downtown on the subways. Great pubs and restaurants in that area too with more locals than tourists.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:42pm
Better value out of town in Brooklyn and the subway is dirt cheap.  

City is not the same as it was 10 years ago imo.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

is it less pedantic?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

is it less pedantic?

Not sure how a city can be pedantic but no doubt you will inform us.  
AKA pedantic kunt
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 3:21pm
Was supposed to be there in 2 weeks to get married.
Originally when we booked the hotel it was something like 1200 for the duration. Then down to 1000 and it ended up being 650. Luckily it was free cancellation but shame we won't be able to get it for that price. 
The dark side.. And the light
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 3:42pm
Can you not just cancel and rebook at the lower rate?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

Can you not just cancel and rebook at the lower rate?
And go when?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
  Share Topic