You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New York
    Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 11:06am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Are you sure?

The flights to NC are about 800e now and I am meant to be going 1st week Sept.

I was telling the guy booking NYC in October to wait. I fly to the USA frequently with work, this is too far out to be booking for late October as there will be summer sales. 

What dates do you need to be in North carolina? Happy to do a stop or need to fly direct?

And where in North carolina? EG. Durham is a 4 hour drive from Washington and return flights for the first week in September are under €300. If you want to pm me I'll get you a few options! Thumbs Up

The wedding is in Charlotte on the 7th Sept.

HB , can i have your England tickets Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Have flown to NY from Dublin and London and found immigration to be a lot quicker in JFK than pre-clearance in T2.

Flew to Fort Lauderdale in June and was only asked two questions at immigration. In and out in no time.

My mate on the other hand pissed off the immigration guard by accident after he walked to the desk before being called and then got the Spanish inquisition when they seen he was in Russia and Iran on his passport. LOL

When was your friend in Russia and Iran???

Passports are 10 years?

We last played Russia away in 2011

Iran was 2001

If it was from Ireland games

So both wouldn't be on his current passport probably on travel record somewhere but you'd really want to piss off an immigration officer for them to go back 20 years 

ffs LOLLOLLOL

you do know people travel outside of football games. 

Have quiet a few friends who have been to Iran over the past 5 to 7 years. most for winter sports etc. some of the best winter sports facilities in the world are in Iran they tell me. 

Hence why I said if it was football. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 10:36am

Have flown to NY from Dublin and London and found immigration to be a lot quicker in JFK than pre-clearance in T2.

Flew to Fort Lauderdale in June and was only asked two questions at immigration. In and out in no time.

My mate on the other hand pissed off the immigration guard by accident after he walked to the desk before being called and then got the Spanish inquisition when they seen he was in Russia and Iran on his passport. LOL

Passports are 10 years?

Iran was 2001

So both wouldn't be on his current passport probably on travel record somewhere but you'd really want to piss off an immigration officer for them to go back 20 years 

ffs LOLLOLLOL

Have quiet a few friends who have been to Iran over the past 5 to 7 years. most for winter sports etc. some of the best winter sports facilities in the world are in Iran they tell me. 

Yeah I had read Iran is the new Verbier 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 10:18am
Great stuff.
I'll have a look at that.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 9:51am

Are you sure?

I was telling the guy booking NYC in October to wait. I fly to the USA frequently with work, this is too far out to be booking for late October as there will be summer sales. 

What dates do you need to be in North carolina? Happy to do a stop or need to fly direct?

And where in North carolina? EG. Durham is a 4 hour drive from Washington and return flights for the first week in September are under €300. If you want to pm me I'll get you a few options! Thumbs Up

The dublin - washington route is a great option if you were happy to drive. €280 return for any day out and any day back the week after. I don't know your personal circumstances but I would rent a car and do a road trip on the way, I enjoy travelling some of the rural parts of USA. You could rent a car and drive from Washington to Charlotte (6 hours), stay somewhere one of the nights on route and if you wanted to leave the car in Charlotte on your way back, there are many suitable flights from Charlotte to Dulles (approx. €120), wait in the airport for a while and then get onto your aer lingus flight. 

I always find transferring in american airports a breeze, you always get off your plane and are straight into departures so if you only have carry on luggage it's very easy. This way also gives you an option to pay for the flights over a period of time. The Aer lingus flights are not going to get any cheaper and you should book them asap, the internal US flights won't go up much if at all. 

If you need to fly direct you will have to fly american which is €800 pp. So that would be €3,200 in total. The Aer lingus route (need to add in the cost of renting a car which would be about €400 for a week, you might have even been planning on doing this if flying direct?) would be €1,120 if driving both ways. ~€1,700 if flying back from Charlotte and stopping in Washington. 

Hope that helps, the washington option is very attractive if you haven't got major time constraints and are happy to drive, also get to see more of america and even though it's a 6 hour drive, your flight will be about an hour and 20 mins shorter and no matter where you are going in Charlotte it will probably take you an hour or so to get their from the airport!
Here we go again
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 9:48am

Are you sure?

Had been looking to go to a Panthers game or a college game the last two years and the price always hovers around the €800 mark for North Carolina and that's for flights in October and November.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 9:01am

Passports are 10 years?

Iran was 2001

ffs LOLLOLLOL

Reminds me of a bloke I went to school with who told me his Dad went to Thailand every year on a golfing holiday!

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 8:59am

Are you sure?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 8:32am
Would like to go to States but it just doesn't sit well with me at the moment, knowingly that I'd be contributing to an economy that is currently indirectly waging genocide on the Palestinian people and propping up a proxy war in Ukraine costing the American people Trillions while about 57% of people in the United States do not have $1,000 to spend if an emergency happened (Car, medical etc).
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 8:25am

Passports are 10 years?

Iran was 2001

ffs LOLLOLLOL

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 3:03am

Are you sure?

Here we go again
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 2:43am

Are you sure?

Here we go again
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 11:12pm
2 of us went last year this time for pattys week. Flew with American Airlanes and from what I remember they were less than 500. Maybe 400 or so. Booked in jan or feb. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Going to a wedding in Philadelphia next June. Planning on flying home from NY. Flights probably going to cost a bomb😐

Thats you on the no fly lists LOL
Either that or get a boarding pass with 'SSSS' on it. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Going to a wedding in Philadelphia next June. Planning on flying home from NY. Flights probably going to cost a bomb😐

LOL when is the earliest possible chance to book to US for next June?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 10:14pm

Passports are 10 years?

Iran was 2001

Edited by lassassinblanc - 12 Mar 2024 at 10:15pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 10:05pm

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 9:50pm

And you still haven't booked them yet genius? 

Tongue

Edited by irishmufc - 12 Mar 2024 at 9:51pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
  Share Topic