You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wetherspoons in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 39>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:25pm
I can't believe people are worried about the Vinters, a small bit of popularity and they sky rocket their prices, they are the most greediest bunch out there. Feck them.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

I can't believe people are worried about the Vinters, a small bit of popularity and they sky rocket their prices, they are the most greediest bunch out there. Feck them.

So true.

6+ Euro for a bottle of Miller in some pubs and you can get them for under 70 cents in the supermarket.

How they justify these sort of prices I don't know.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

So true.

6+ Euro for a bottle of Miller in some pubs and you can get them for under 70 cents in the supermarket.

How they justify these sort of prices I don't know.

Neither are the true reflection either. 70 cent is a joke also.   Below cost selling is not the answer either. ITs cheaper for some publicans to pick up their drink in supermarkets than it is from their supplier.   I do not blame all of the supermarkets for this as many of them do not want to enter this price war but have had to, otherwise nobody would shop there.  But I do think they should do away with below cost  selling for a product such as alcohol. 

However as long as Wetherspoons do not try to introduce below cost selling in the pub industry in order to burn everybody out of the market I have no problem with them.  I probably will not go there but that does not mean they should not be allowed open.  Freedom of choice. 

Edited by Baldrick - 15 Sep 2013 at 1:43pm
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Was in the one in Enniskillen, a few in London and a couple in Manchester.They were sound but I don't like pubs where you can't sit at the bar.There's no cosyness to them with tables out in open spaces.No real snugs or partitioned booths and Id never leave my local for one of them no matter how cheap the drink is.My local is an auld fellas pub with a shop in the front.We've the best pubs in the world for craic, atmosphere and the humour so id hate to see that go.It'll be interesting to see how it develops if they come over

Whats your local in westport?

Johnny Morans (right across the road from Matt Molloys).Its a good horseracing pub if you're into that as well.€3.75 for a Guinness (class Guinness),€1 for Bacon Fries Clap.Id say you were probably in it Rossie were ya?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 2:04pm
Wetherspoons will drive good pubs out of business. They sell beer at less than what other pubs can buy it.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 2:04pm

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Was in the one in Enniskillen, a few in London and a couple in Manchester.They were sound but I don't like pubs where you can't sit at the bar.There's no cosyness to them with tables out in open spaces.No real snugs or partitioned booths and Id never leave my local for one of them no matter how cheap the drink is.My local is an auld fellas pub with a shop in the front.We've the best pubs in the world for craic, atmosphere and the humour so id hate to see that go.It'll be interesting to see how it develops if they come over

Whats your local in westport?

Johnny Morans (right across the road from Matt Molloys).Its a good horseracing pub if you're into that as well.€3.75 for a Guinness (class Guinness),€1 for Bacon Fries Clap.Id say you were probably in it Rossie were ya?

Yeah have been it in plenty of times,its good for the racing alright and bookies beside it,do go to the other Moran's as well.
Will be down there on a stag in 2 weeks time ,will drop in with my crew for a few scoops and pints.We won't trash it till Sunday Thumbs Up
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 2:45pm
Lads, how do yiz all reckon this will be "the end of the Irish local"? Where I work we do €3 pints during football matches, €3 Guinness between 6pm and 11pm on a Sunday, we have Tuborg permanently at €3 a pint and a 10% discount for the regulars. There is also hot finger food thrown out weekend evenings and during midweek Champions League games. Why would the regulars go to Wetherspoons when they can get all this in their local??  
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Lads, how do yiz all reckon this will be "the end of the Irish local"? Where I work we do €3 pints during football matches, €3 Guinness between 6pm and 11pm on a Sunday, we have Tuborg permanently at €3 a pint and a 10% discount for the regulars. There is also hot finger food thrown out weekend evenings and during midweek Champions League games. Why would the regulars go to Wetherspoons when they can get all this in their local??  

It wont be the end of the local,not a chance.
It will most likely effect some pubs in the area's where they open put I doubt the majority of towns/villages will see any difference.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 2:57pm
Exactly dude. The way some of them are going on you'd swear the entire country was going to be overrun with these pubs. Wacko A bit of competition for the greedy publicans (especially in Dublin) who think they can charge what they want for drink is needed. Charging €6 and over for a pint of Guinness (the cheapest pint in most pubs) is disgraceful. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

What's the problem?

I have no time for the vast majority of publicans over here. D***heads the lot of them. Ripping us off for years, 20 quid into your local on New years, f*** right off. Trying to make offys charge more for cans, f*** right off. Overpriced pints, f*** right off.

Have no sympathy for publicans over here, they deserve all they get. Though obviously would feel sorry for the ordinary workers

ClapClapClapClapClapClap 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 4:02pm

Lads, how do yiz all reckon this will be "the end of the Irish local"? Where I work we do €3 pints during football matches, €3 Guinness between 6pm and 11pm on a Sunday, we have Tuborg permanently at €3 a pint and a 10% discount for the regulars. There is also <span style="line-height: 1.4;">hot finger food thrown out weekend evenings and during midweek Champions League games. Why would the regulars go to Wetherspoons when they can get all this in their local??  </span>
the lad who owns my local could do with reading this
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 4:06pm
Well show it to him then!  
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 4:10pm

Well show it to him then!  
if he throws out fingerfood on the very rare rare occasion he does be whingin about the price/effort it took. He's unbelievable.
Great little pub with good booze though hence why it does well
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 4:19pm
a blow in cavan man colm?

I don't like it...this shower is bad news.

A lot of lads giving out about being ripped off by piblicans are in Dublin. My local is similar to IrishMufc as it's €4 a pint of Guinness in my local but these coonts will spread like Japanese knot weed and will choke the life out of the irish local.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 4:28pm
If weatherspoons was a football league it would be the EPL... 'souless with dodgy customers'
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

funny enough he is
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I don't like it...this shower is bad news.

A lot of lads giving out about being ripped off by piblicans are in Dublin. My local is similar to IrishMufc as it's €4 a pint of Guinness in my local but these coonts will spread like Japanese knot weed and will choke the life out of the irish local.
No it f*cking won't!! Angry It will give the publicans a kick up the arse and they might actually consider dropping their prices for a change. Plus it'll only affect the likes of Dublin and Cork so don't worry, the majority of towns and villages will be safe from their evil clutches. Wacko 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 5:31pm

Lads, how do yiz all reckon this will be "the end of the Irish local"? Where I work we do €3 pints during football matches, €3 Guinness between 6pm and 11pm on a Sunday, we have Tuborg permanently at €3 a pint and a 10% discount for the regulars. There is also <span style="line-height: 1.4;">hot finger food thrown out weekend evenings and during midweek Champions League games. Why would the regulars go to Wetherspoons when they can get all this in their local??  </span>

Jaysus sounds great! Might have to drop in sometime
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 39>
  Share Topic