You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wetherspoons in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:56am
Good value beer ? Where is the problem? Pubs closing left right and centre in U.K. but not due to any pub chains bucking the trend, its the greedy governmeng and breweries killing pubs

Hope ye enjoy yer dear booze, £2.15 in a spoons pub in cornwall last week, pints of strongbow or carlsberg !
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 9:14am
Fock off with your "atmosphere" crack, who the fock goes to a pub for the atmosphere? I go to the boozer with my mates for a laugh with each other and a few beer, then fock off home. As long as there are no skangers in the place I'm a happy camper. The booze wont be cheap enough in Ireland like it is in the uk.

And f**k the Vintners, they refuse to listen to their customers and tell it's our fault that pubs are closing. They are like victimised fans of LOI clubs that do not realise that it is the product that is the problem, not the stay away customers.

I'll be very happy to walk into Wetherspoons for my €3 pints.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 9:41am
RIP Irish culture.

Slowly being eroded over the past few decades by external influences like US/UK tv, Internet, woeful international music, multinational chains and now the grim reaper of what all know as the Irish local.

Time to back the Gaelic League before it's too late.

Edited by colemanY2K - 15 Sep 2013 at 9:43am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 9:42am
A skanger who won't drink with his fellow skangers
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 9:47am
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

A skanger who won't drink with his fellow skangers

Are you calling me a skanger? That's personal abuse in my book. I think you may have to pack the sombrero for your holiday
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 10:16am
What's the problem?

If ye don't like them, don't go into them.

I have no time for the vast majority of publicans over here. D***heads the lot of them. Ripping us off for years, 20 quid into your local on New years, f*** right off. Trying to make offys charge more for cans, f*** right off. Overpriced pints, f*** right off.

Have to be honest, I always hit a wetherspoons when I'm in England with the lads. Always seem to be in a decent location, cheap pints, food ok, good laugh.

Have no sympathy for publicans over here, they deserve all they get. Though obviously would feel sorry for the ordinary workers
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 10:34am
Decent prices (non airport) grub in Weatherspoons
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 11:33am
A good chunk of the price of a pint here is taxes.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 11:56am
if The Sun 'newspaper' was a pub it would be Wetherspoons
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

If Danny Dyer was a pub it would be wetherspoons.
Chips don't bounce
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

What if Irishmufc was a pub?

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:16pm
Pros
Cheap drink
The cheap prices will force competitors to reduce their prices
Cheap food - prob horrible but you get what you pay for
All the local skanggers will be here and not in your local

Cons
Nasty establishments IMO
Likely some family owned pubs will have to close
The rise of the chain pubs would stain the Irish pub culture

Would I like one in Dundalk - NO!!

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

Would I like to drink in Dundalk - NO!!

something whole forum can agree onClap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:31pm
Was in the one in Enniskillen, a few in London and a couple in Manchester.They were sound but I don't like pubs where you can't sit at the bar.There's no cosyness to them with tables out in open spaces.No real snugs or partitioned booths and Id never leave my local for one of them no matter how cheap the drink is.My local is an auld fellas pub with a shop in the front.We've the best pubs in the world for craic, atmosphere and the humour so id hate to see that go.It'll be interesting to see how it develops if they come over

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Sep 2013 at 12:33pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Was in the one in Enniskillen, a few in London and a couple in Manchester.They were sound but I don't like pubs where you can't sit at the bar.There's no cosyness to them with tables out in open spaces.No real snugs or partitioned booths and Id never leave my local for one of them no matter how cheap the drink is.My local is an auld fellas pub with a shop in the front.We've the best pubs in the world for craic, atmosphere and the humour so id hate to see that go.It'll be interesting to see how it develops if they come over

Whats your local in westport?
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:56pm
If Ryanair was a pub..
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

What if Irishmufc was a pub?

The Jockey
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:05pm
Aldi don't do pubs but if they did they would probably be a wetherspoons.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>
  Share Topic