You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Manager - press conference Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 226>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next Manager - press conference Saturday
    Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:25pm
Source: PaddyPower

With all the individual threads on the different managers being mentioned thought I'd start a consolidated thread and discuss what's happening in the Market as of now.

Martin O'Neill's price has stayed static however McDermott's price has fallen sharply whilst Mick McCarthy and Roy Keane's price has risen.
Rene Muelensteen's name has been quietly mentioned a few times and at 41/1 is a really good shout at this moment.
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:41pm
Hasn't rene muelensteen failed badly as a manager. Ok I know he only lasted 10 days in the last job but some people are coaches and some are managers. I think if rene was to get the job then a director of football akin to what bobby robson did for us would be required.

As has been said on other threads we are likely to be second seeds going into the euro 2016 qualifying draw therefore I firmly believe we shouldn't take a risk on someone like rene and go with a safe pair of hands like Mccarthy. We have a great opportunity to qualify next time round...lets not take risky decisions and blow it.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:53pm
absolutely what ColemanY2K said.

Qualification for Euro 2016 is ours for the taking - even if the new format is introduced.

Therefore a safe candidate all the way.

Trialling Rene is too risky an experiment. Tried and trusted only please JD.

Edited by rolo - 11 Sep 2013 at 9:54pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:31pm
Have had a cheeky euro on:

Mick McCarthy
Roy Keane
Rene Mulenstein
Marcelo Bielsa
Guus Hiddink
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:05pm
Can't see anyone outside the top 5 getting the job except from Rene.. McDermott is a strange one for me he's newly appointed at Leeds, why are his odds so low?
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:07pm
How many people felt Trap would get the job the last time around? Good chance that our next potential  manager might not even be on the list.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Can't see anyone outside the top 5 getting the job except from Rene.. McDermott is a strange one for me he's newly appointed at Leeds, why are his odds so low?

Id say its Because he attends most if our home games, and also because he's spoken many times of his ambition to manage us one day, But, it won't be for a while yet
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:30pm
What happened Philipe Troussier? Has he gone off us now CryIts not a good managers list without him being on it Thumbs Down

You'd think given the sterotypical names on that list he'd still be high up there ffs
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Hasn't rene muelensteen failed badly as a manager. Ok I know he only lasted 10 days in the last job but some people are coaches and some are managers.

How can someone fail badly in 16 days? The club changed its direction and strategy and sold all it's best players and got ridof the manager. Wrong place wrong time IMO
I do agree though that some people will coach some will manage, but I think someone deserves a little bit more than 16 days to prove themselves

Edited by 9fingers - 11 Sep 2013 at 11:35pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:39pm
Criteria is definitely out of work manager.
To be honest I think it will be o'neill. He has a devent recird, irish and great man manager. he knows the team. i'd have me reservations about his tactics and hunger but it also is a bit logical seeing as he is abailable. He is also the attractive name for the fair weather fans who have turned their back on Ireland but would be intrigued with o'neill given the role and may come back.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Most definetley.

FAI cant afford to pay off Trap and then buy another manager out of a contract.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:10am
As has been said previously Jupp Heyneckes has to be worth a shout. Not working either so no contract to buy out and O'Brien has said he'll put up the $$$ again
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

As has been said previously Jupp Heyneckes has to be worth a shout. Not working either so no contract to buy out and O'Brien has said he'll put up the $$$ again

Jupp Heynckes is retired.. There's more chance of having Trap back than him. Dead
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:48am
Good odds for Fenlon, lots of people at Hibs calling for him to be sacked. He'd be within the FAI's budget too.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:59am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

To be honest I think it will be o'neill. He has a devent recird, irish and great man manager. he knows the team. i'd have me reservations about his tactics and hunger but it also is a bit logical seeing as he is abailable. He is also the attractive name for the fair weather fans who have turned their back on Ireland but would be intrigued with o'neill given the role and may come back.

I would put my house on O'Neill getting it. I will be absolutely shocked if he doesn't.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:01am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Have had a cheeky euro on:

Mick McCarthy
Roy Keane
Rene Mulenstein
Marcelo Bielsa
Guus Hiddink
Am I missing something? Bielsa is not on the above list. Cue one self-deluded, pseudo Argentine meltdown.
Checked PP just now. Betting suspended. Might be just an overnight thing.

RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:24am
What a dream that would be, Jack Charlton
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Gibboisback Gibboisback wrote:

who is this rene guy and what club was this 16 days thing lads?

Sorry didn't see your post at first but I'll answer.

Took over Anzhi Machalaka but was sacked after 16 days after failing to register a win and their billionaire owner had enough of the likes of Rene, Eto and Willian on outrageous money with no return. 

Edited by coyne - 12 Sep 2013 at 3:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 226>
  Share Topic