You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 419>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by TonyGawks TonyGawks wrote:

Full interview here https://twitter.com/RTEsoccer/status/956202077159538689

Have just watched this - What a total dick. 
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:48pm
Lack of class, lack of respect
Absolute cringe
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:49pm
The utter indifference I have to following the national team these days, and now that draw, which is just a horrible Groundhogs Day.

Roll on 2022 World Cup qualifying
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:50pm
O'Neills like a spoilt child when he gets cross questioned or asked questions that he doesn't like, with his bottom lip drooping down as if he's about to cry.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:52pm
Deise, you should re-draft most of your posts and send them into the 'Letters to the Editor' page in the Indo and Times and the FAI 'better suggestions' department. Oh and copy them to Tony O'Donohue. Someone will make hay with them!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:55pm
O'Neill is just like a wound up coil when Tony interviews him. It's like he's saying to himself 'stay calm, stay calm' all the while ready to let rip with a tirade of what he would and wouldn't do with TOD.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:03pm

Really tetchy and bad tempered stuff. It's not often you see such animosity between manager and interviewer.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Really tetchy and bad tempered stuff. It's not often you see such animosity between manager and interviewer.

He gets a little bit personal for my liking. He’s supposed to be a professional. TOD is a class act, and never rises to MON’s cr*p.

How could saying “hard luck” be perceived as a jibe?
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

He gets a little bit personal for my liking. He’s supposed to be a professional. TOD is a class act, and never rises to MON’s cr*p.

How could saying “hard luck” be perceived as a jibe?

He seems to have interpreted "hard luck" as a snide attack, as if TOD was being really sarcastic or something.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:12pm
This isn’t going to end well for ONeill
These childish, rude and cringe interviews are going to turn most fans against him, if they aren’t already
TonyGawks View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyGawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:12pm
When did this whole thing start?
Was it after the 2-1 in Georgia?

Edited by TonyGawks - 24 Jan 2018 at 5:14pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:40pm

When did this whole thing start?
Was it after the 2-1 in Georgia?

I believe so. Ireland won but TOD started pressing him on the performance and giving away possession etc which enraged MON, who hit back with a "We won the game, what more do you want?" stance.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:41pm
That was really cringy, my stomach turned at the 2:50 part.

It was a plain simple question and MON pretty much emotionally bullies him into saying you're the 1 who was saying sh*t about me not anyone else.

Pretty disgraceful stuff.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:51pm
Just heard the full interview...What a bollix..He's an embarrassment at this stage. Really disappointed that he has been reappointed. Will be a waste of 2years I feel with him at the helm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:02pm
What does this hostility achieve? He needs to build some bridges at the moment, but it seems like nothing has changed.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Just heard the full interview...What a bollix..He's an embarrassment at this stage. Really disappointed that he has been reappointed. Will be a waste of 2years I feel with him at the helm

Hard to disagree. You would have thought he'd be trying to keep the Irish fans onside and convince them he staying on is a great idea, instead of going for bad tempered score settling with someone he strongly dislikes.

Edited by Strazdas - 24 Jan 2018 at 6:04pm
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:06pm
mortifying dragging up TOD saying hard luck. so childish and paranoid
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:20pm
That is pathetic from MON, things like that genuinely make me turn on him more than the football we've been playing. He cannot handle the slightest bit of criticism. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 419>
  Share Topic