You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 419>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Hmmmm it was tough call for Flores alright. Continue living in Barcelona or move to Stoke 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Yep and it's not as if a Tottenham or Arsenal had come in for him either. We're talking about a team that would forever be stuck mid table, not challenging for a load of trophies.
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:43pm
interesting 

Has O'neill been getting paid all this time from the FAI?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:55pm
Straight battle now between MON and Bilic going by the updated bookies odds. Next in the betting Lee Johnson at 16/1.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:05pm
Boy seen the odds on the BBC this afternoon and MON was 7/1 .

I think TJ has it as i don't think he will take it as he needs to be #1 not 2nd choice .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I have a feeling MON won't take it now after it became public he wasn't 1st choiceCry
possibly his last chance with EPL. Hell take it if offered.

Yip really can’t we too many further epl offers coming down the line , this is the only one he was seriously considered for

If he is offered it he will bite their hand off
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:10pm

I have a feeling MON won't take it now after it became public he wasn't 1st choiceCry
possibly his last chance with EPL. Hell take if offered.

Agree with TJ on this. 

It won't be his last chance in the EPL, taking Wenger out of it, who is skewing the statistics, most EPL tenures are averaging about 18 months, there will be lads sacked at the end of the season and again at the start of next season. Roy Hodgson is still picking up jobs at 70.

That said, Stoke is one of the better jobs going, they have money (not top 6 type money, but more than half the teams in the EPL), they don't sack managers unless things get really bad, and they aren't trigger happy lads who automatically sack managers after losing 3-0 to Man Utd. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

interesting 

Once the contract period comes to an end, are you technically "unemployed" and no longer on the FAI's payroll (until you sign the next contract)? I would assume that is the case.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

interesting 

Once the contract period comes to an end, are you technically "unemployed" and no longer on the FAI's payroll (until you sign the next contract)? I would assume that is the case.

But wasn't he out of contract even when the campaign started in Belgrade? 

My guess is he is cute and has the payment date in the contract back dated so when he signs the payment will come through. He aint working for free that's for sure.  If he signs he will be getting the money had he has 'earned' since September.

Edited by Trap junior - 13 Jan 2018 at 3:08pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:44pm

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

interesting 

But wasn't he out of contract even when the campaign started in Belgrade? 

My guess is he is cute and has the payment date in the contract back dated so when he signs the payment will come through. He aint working for free that's for sure.  If he signs he will be getting the money had he has 'earned' since September.

Dan McDonnell was saying its some kind of rolling contract arm, so he is being paid.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:52pm
Correct. O'Neill and the backroom staff are all currently in the FAI's payroll despite no contract in place.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 6:07pm
100% all getting paid. Read about it yesterday.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 6:40pm
Stoke have offered O’Neill and Keane the job according to breaking news on 606.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:04pm
From the stoke forum

5 minutes ago via Tapatalk Block 22 likes this

Post by thevoid on 5 minutes ago

Jurassic Park III it is then 🙄

19 minutes ago goal_poster, johnmarshcardschool, and 1 more like this

Post by EastMidsPotter on 19 minutes ago

crouchpotato1 Avatar
I have to say I really don’t get all the negativity around this pair🤔

Likewise I don't really see why some seem absolutely ecstatic at the prospect of them joining us.

They may well be a success here and do a cracking job; there's no real way of forecasting the impact (or none) that they might make on our squad. I think the negativity generally comes from the fact that top-flight football has moved on since the last time MON had any modicum of success. His time at Sunderland was one of pisspoor transfers, low league position, and terrible football to boot. Whilst doing a decent job with Ireland (and nothing more), a good number of their fans seem absolutely bored senseless by grinding out 90 minutes of turgid stuff, culminating in their one chance to qualify for a their first world cup since 2002 to then absolutely bottle it and get thrashed 5-1 by Denmark at home.

Keane's reputation as an absolute odious t**ser precedes him too, and seems to have caused schisms in whichever dressing room he's managed in.

If they are appointed then c'est la vie, of course they need to be backed and we have to move forward together and hope they can get the results we need to stay in the league. It feels like Coates has totally reverted to type though, and if it all goes tits up, I would expect the fans to turn on them pretty quickly tbh. At least with someone like QSF you could feel like there was some sort of long-term plan; a project that means some hope for the future even if we went down. With this pair? Not so much imo.

Edited by Trap junior - 13 Jan 2018 at 7:07pm

Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:10pm
Please take it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:18pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/13/exclusive-stoke-city-still-keen-appointing-martin-oneill-new/

The stoke fans while open to the idea of O'NEill during the week are now going nuts and don't want him and are especially going nuts over Keane coming and are vehemently against him.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:27pm
I just know MON wont take it. Life isn't that good to me.

depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:32pm

Will you put the bunting out if he takes it trap ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by depechemode depechemode wrote:

Will you put the bunting out if he takes it trap ?

Good idea

Image result for irish bunting house 1994

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 419>
  Share Topic