Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 419>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:25pm
Any hope Espanyol will take this dinosaur off our hands?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

If Southampton lose another game or two, then they'll be on the look out for a new manager, so that'll be O'Neill's final possibility of getting a Premier League team. 

And with the older experienced managers all getting hiredto save team from relegation, Southampton might come knocking. Coming very close to been hired by Stoke, wouldn't do his profile any harm either
I'd be happy to take him at Southampton for half a season and I think that he would keep us up and I think that his time is done as Ireland manager so it would be win win!
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Sums us up if he continues.

His tenure came to a natural end after Denmark.

He is actively trying to manage elsewhere.

Nobody of his preferred stature wants him.

He will take his free money with us. This is going to be worse than the 2014 campaign.

Pretty much......I was so excited by the appointment of him and Keane but can feel nothing but disappointment in how it panned out....they've done nothing to progress the squad as regards laying future foundations......it's been worse than Trapattoni's era in my opinion

Edited by gazurtoids - 12 Jan 2018 at 7:14pm
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

He will take his free money with us. This is going to be worse than the 2014 campaign.

Pretty much......I was so excited by the appointment of him and Keane but can feel nothing but disappointment in how it panned out....they've done nothing to progress the squad as regards laying future foundations......it's been worse than Trapattoni's era in my opinion

Are you for real?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Are you for real?

Why do you like MON??

He never put you in one squad since he took over

Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm
Forgetting for a minute about whether he's been good or bad, if you like him or not, or any of the other arguments that usually pop up........

......what he's done over the last few days has been a c**ts trick.

Contract offered, didn't sign it, went (publically) looking for another job, didn't get it and then comes back to his current employer.

The Fai should have the balls to tell him to get f**ked.
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Are you for real?

Why do you like MON??

He never put you in one squad since he took over

I dont care much for MON. But this guy Gazurtoids, cant be for real.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

Forgetting for a minute about whether he's been good or bad, if you like him or not, or any of the other arguments that usually pop up........

......what he's done over the last few days has been a c**ts trick.

Contract offered, didn't sign it, went (publically) looking for another job, didn't get it and then comes back to his current employer.

The Fai should have the balls to tell him to get f**ked.

Outside the top teams one of the best paid nationals team managers and this is the way he goes on.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:47pm
Did he definitely refuse to sign a contract that the FAI offered him?
We're decent enough..
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:54pm

Holy fck,   welcome to the modern day supporter sweet baby jesus LOL
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Did he definitely refuse to sign a contract that the FAI offered him?

I doubt he refused to sign it, but he didn't sign it. The contract has agreed but not signed. After what's happened this week, it's clear be was biding his time and holding out for other offers.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:16pm
When was it offered to him?  End of September I think.  That's coming up for 4 months soon.  He should walk or have the contract offer withdrawn.  

I'd rather MON as manager than that psychopath Keane if that is what is in the pipeline. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Guillem ballague has said this today..

<span style="color: rgb28, 32, 34; font-family: Helvetica, Roboto, "Segoe UI", Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; white-space: pre-wrap;">Today Quique Sánchez Flores will communicate his decision to the Espanyol board. Espanyol have contacted few coaches, including Javi Gracia who has other offers too.</span>
<span style="color: rgb28, 32, 34; font-family: Helvetica, Roboto, "Segoe UI", Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; white-space: pre-wrap;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb28, 32, 34; font-family: Helvetica, Roboto, "Segoe UI", Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; white-space: pre-wrap;">Looks like were stuck with O'neill then.</span>
If Ballague is the source, I expect O'Neill to be appointed Stoke manager within the hour.

hes normally spot on. plus hes a die hard espanyol fan so im sure he is in the know.
No he's not. He's a complete spoofer. 

The worst Journo in the history of football journalism.

What O’Neill has pretty much done is attempt to jump in bed with someone else whilst already engaged. For me hes sealed his own fate, if the FAI keep inviting him back then it makes them look pitifully weak
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:26pm
While he technically didn't do anything wrong, he really hasn't done himself any favours here and it definitely won't help redeem his reputation among the fans. Imagine the reaction from the fans/media if he stays on, and we lose the next 2 competitive games.

And once again the FAI come out of a situation looking like the amateurs they are. I'd actually forgotten MON hadn't signed his last contract until after the Serbia away game. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by TonyGawks TonyGawks wrote:

Emmet Malone twitter:

News that Martin O'Neill, Keane and the rest of the backroom staff will be at the Soccer Writers' annual bash in Dublin this evening generally being taken by the membership as sign he is staying on. He hadn't been expected to attend until this morning.

O'Neill refusing to take questions from the press at the event. JD taught him well.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:14pm
Think he is entering deeper into dead man walking territory, which he was on the fringes of after the Denmark game anyway. Can remember saying after Euro 2012 that the following campaign would be  negative & miserable with the inevitable outcome of Trap going at some point during it, as it happened he held on longer than I thought he would, but I don't see MON around in March 2019 for the qualifiers. 

We are probably facing the worst possible situation with MON & the job now, he stays on for the moment, we have a series of indifferent friendly results, the usual mix of the good, bad & rubbish, and he ends the regular football season in charge. In September or October, QSF gets sacked after losing 5 Stoke games in a row (or some other manager at another middle/lower EPL club) and they come back for MON, leaving us with no manager facing into the games that some lads on here insist are qualifiers, even if nobody outside of here really believes they are. 

New manager has to be sought a short notice, could end up with anyone at all depending on who is available, and has little time to prepare for the real qualifiers. It looks like I'm painting the worst possible picture, but it isn't an outlandish scenario whatsoever, especially as the media and certain sections of the fans will generally be negatively disposed to MON from the Turkey game onwards. 

The FAI probably won't mind too much as they would get compensation, which is probably the thing that exercised them most this week. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by TonyGawks TonyGawks wrote:

Emmet Malone twitter:

News that Martin O'Neill, Keane and the rest of the backroom staff will be at the Soccer Writers' annual bash in Dublin this evening generally being taken by the membership as sign he is staying on. He hadn't been expected to attend until this morning.

O'Neill refusing to take questions from the press at the event. JD taught him well.

Why the f**k was he there?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:23pm
I read earlier today that this dinner he went to he had told them early this week he wouldn't be attending (presumably he thought he was getting the stoke job or was anticipating further discussions) and then when he's not being offered the job tells them he will be attending after all.  Bit of a hard neck on him. 

Is this fella getting paid by us to whore himself to Everton and Stoke? 

And people called Trap a charlatan.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 419>
  Share Topic