Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394395396397398 419>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Sky showed a stat tonight that shows how they are regressing performance wise already under MON from under Karanka.  Down in all categories. Possession, passes, passing accuracy, etc.. All markedly down.  They will be even worse after tonights performance. 38% at home. They are now averaging 40% possession per game after tonight. Down from 53% under Karanka.

You can get a win playing sh*te but you wont consistently win playing sh*te.  Of course the climate change deniers will state that you can lose playing well.  Of course if you play consistently well you will do a lot better over the medium and long term.

Did you watch the full 90 mins tonight?

They were full value for their win.

Plenty of teams have won promotion by playing ugly, do you think Forest fans would care in the short term if they get promoted that way?

No....
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Sky showed a stat tonight that shows how they are regressing performance wise already under MON from under Karanka.  Down in all categories. Possession, passes, passing accuracy, etc.. All markedly down.  They will be even worse after tonights performance. 38% at home. They are now averaging 40% possession per game after tonight. Down from 53% under Karanka.

You can get a win playing sh*te but you wont consistently win playing sh*te.  Of course the climate change deniers will state that you can lose playing well.  Of course if you play consistently well you will do a lot better over the medium and long term.

Did you watch the full 90 mins tonight?

They were full value for their win.

Plenty of teams have won promotion by playing ugly, do you think Forest fans would care in the short term if they get promoted that way?

No....

Yes. Full of effort and motivation and defending and not much else.  No quality.  A Denmark away performance.   Derby had nothing up front and were poor tonight.

They are going down a blind alley with MON.  Tonight was a big local derby.   MON's teams have shown that occasionally they put in a full blooded effort when MON breaks out his big Any Given Sunday speech but cant get up for every game like that.  They put in sh*t shows against Bristol, Birmingham and Preston by all accounts.   MON is a one trick pony.  Motivation. No tactics or creativity.  They won't be up for every game like that not have been.  When motivation and effort isn't at fever pitch the results are poor and the performances ugly and downright evil.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:59pm
Regressing performance wise but scoring more, conceding less and gaining more points over the 7 game period he's been in charge, than in Karankas previous 7 which lead to him no longer being in charge?

We can all twist stats to which ever way we want to fit our agenda, which you've clearly done by bringing up the Bristol, Preston and Birmingham games (none of which Forest were ahead of in the table prior to tonight)  and dismissed tonight's win against a Derby side which was been earning plenty of praise this season?

There's no point in debating when talking about O'Neill, you'll always discredit everything he does anyway so it's pointless.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:03am
According to Trap Junior MON'S teams performances are ugly and downright evil.

FFS

Ermm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:14am

Regressing performance wise but scoring more, conceding less and gaining more points over the 7 game period he's been in charge, than in Karankas previous 7 which lead to him no longer being in charge?

We can all twist stats to which ever way we want to fit our agenda, which you've clearly done by bringing up the Bristol, Preston and Birmingham games (none of which Forest were ahead of in the table prior to tonight)  and dismissed tonight's win against a Derby side which was been earning plenty of praise this season?

There's no point in debating when talking about O'Neill, you'll always discredit everything he does anyway so it's pointless.

I saw that when you brought up Karanka's last 7 games. 

They have a relatively easy run of games now.  Lets see how they perform. 

We beat Germany and everyone thinks it was a great performance because the result skews their judgement.  It was a crap performance when Germany couldn't hit a barn door and we ran down the field and scored from a hoofed clearance.  We all know performances were generally awful even when we were getting poxy results like Wales away..  Forest will play industrious ugly physical football week in week out getting mediocre results, and an occasional ''big night'' under MON when he can whip up the players for the odd special occasion.  But the football will never be good and they will find their level amongst the also rans.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:19am

We beat Germany and everyone thinks it was a great performance because the result skews their judgement.  It was a crap performance when Germany couldn't hit a barn door and we ran down the field and scored from a hoofed clearance.  We all know performances were generally awful even when we were getting poxy results like Wales away..  Forest will play industrious ugly physical football week in week out getting mediocre results, and an occasional ''big night'' under MON when he can whip up the players for the odd special occasion.  But the football will never be good and they will find their level amongst the also rans.

I brought up Karanka's last 7 games because they were the straw that broke the camels back and it's partly why he's no longer in the job.

So it has major relevance to backing up my points.

Which hasn't been the case thus far though?

If you read my post a few pages back, I wrote

"O'Neill was merely brought back to galvanize Forest in the short term and wouldn't be someone who will be here to create a legacy i.e 3/4 years"

I only know full well what O'Neill is like as a manager, tactically and what have you. Hence why I said he will be no more than a short term solution.

I just can't see why you're beating him with a stick, when results have been decent for him since he took over.

Why not judge him in April?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:24am
I've seen him for 20 years.  I don't need to wait until April to see what he brings to the table.  He's always been 'The Good, the Bad and mostly the Ugly' manager.

Do you think they will get promoted? 

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:28am
You hear his interview after the game tonight TJ  ?
'We need to be better with the ball, mind the ball better'
Have we heard that anywhere before, repeatedly ?  But never seen that improvement.

Absolute spoofer and it will be shown, you can't consistently deliver playing that horse sh*t. You can nick odd games, big occasions where the crowd are baying and the game high paced, like local derbies are suited to it too.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:28am

I've seen him for 20 years.  I don't need to wait until April to see what he brings to the table.  He's always been 'The Good, the Bad and mostly the Ugly' manager.

Do you think they will get promoted? 

If he can get Forest into the playoffs he will have done a fantastic job no matter how it's achieved.

No I don't think they'll get promoted, Leeds/WBA/Sheffield Utd/Norwich are all better sides than Forest.

I'd fancy Boro to beat them over two legs also mind.

I'm sure it'll be next season that they'll target a genuine promotion challenge.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 7:11am

Originally posted by uibhfaillian uibhfaillian wrote:

I have contradicting voices in my head arguing back and forth.  All depends who gets to the keyboard first.

Ah so you're backTrapping nowLOL

Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here Biff.
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 7:18am
I wouldn't exactly call the start of the MONKEANO Forest reign rip-roaring, but last night was a good (if not particularly attractive) win.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

You hear his interview after the game tonight TJ  ?
'We need to be better with the ball, mind the ball better'
Have we heard that anywhere before, repeatedly ?  But never seen that improvement.

Absolute spoofer and it will be shown, you can't consistently deliver playing that horse sh*t. You can nick odd games, big occasions where the crowd are baying and the game high paced, like local derbies are suited to it too.  

Sure they don't have the players.  He's working miracles there.  11 points from 21. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:29am

I just can't see why you're beating him with a stick, when results have been decent for him since he took over.

Why not judge him in April?

More fool you for engaging with TJ on the MON debate LOLLOLLOL
He's like a ravenous dog that's been locked up for years and teased by MON and now, he's set free and on the hunt. 

Image result for chief wiggum release the dogs
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:41am
I hope MON does well, he's doing well so far anyway. Ok we were awful to watch under MON most of the time but his tenure was more successful than every manager except Mick and Jack with far worse players. Terrible players, not one outstanding player during his time. I think we're all in for a shock when we don't start seeing tici-taca under Mick 2.0
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:47am
The problem with O'Neill was always the 2nd half of his tenure, not the first, I think most fans can admit that. From beating a collection of higher ranked teams (away from home too!) the worrying thing is how bad it went, and how poisonous the atmosphere got. 

Maybe O'Neill will always be better suited to club football, as your ability to correct things is immediate. We'll know fairly quickly what the lay of the land is..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:48am
My worry is that we are even worse than we looked under MON! He should have left after the World Cup campaign ended, he didn’t do himself any favours by stubbornly hanging about, but a lot of people seem to think our players are better than they are. 
I said it before, but if Mick gets this rabble to finish in the top two then he deserves a statue.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:50am
MONROY for Celtic?

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

My worry is that we are even worse than we looked under MON! He should have left after the World Cup campaign ended, he didn’t do himself any favours by stubbornly hanging about, but a lot of people seem to think our players are better than they are. 
I said it before, but if Mick gets this rabble to finish in the top two then he deserves a statue.

Well we haven't played yet under new management, so not sure about this.

I think our main problem this time round won't be ourselves. I'm sure Mick will have us putting in much better performances. Our main stumbling block is  that I don't see Denmark or Switzerland dropping stupid points in the same way Wales and Scotland did before. 

I have a feeling if will be more of case of us coming up short, more than anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394395396397398 419>
  Share Topic