You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 374375376377378 419>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:01pm
Martin 100% met up with JD on Monday night.

Roy, Seamus McDonagh and Steve Guppy all quickly leaving too suggests there was some serious harsh words said to Martin by JD.

Our leader Clap
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:04pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:06pm
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but fair f**ks to the FAI for sorting this very quickly. 

I know it’s their fault in the first place for offering the new contract, but I think we were all certain that this would last a lot longer than it has.

There must be some serious dirt on JD that he doesn’t want out, and as soon as the knives started to come out for him, O’Neill and Keane were dropped like a hot spud. What a snakey f**k.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:08pm
This is super news. Just like Martin's hero Brian Clough, both of their tenures ended with relegation. Onwards and upwards.Clap
The only way is up
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:16pm
Great news they're gone. 

MON probably got hush money. Keane defo didn't so maybe he might spit out some dirt. 

JD is some slime ball but the FAI acted before Christmas when NONE of us expected this. 

Clap
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:20pm
Can only see this job going to either Mick McCarthy or Sam Allardyce. I do not see Stephen Kenny getting this at all.
The only way is up
Briii1 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briii1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:24pm

Have to laugh at the Stephen Kenny Brigade, Give him the 21's maybe, We need a proper manager to come in at this short notice, qualification for Euro 2020 is all that matters. Get Sam in, hope for a decent group and we'll be okay

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Briii1 Briii1 wrote:

Have to laugh at the Stephen Kenny Brigade, Give him the 21's maybe, We need a proper manager to come in at this short notice, qualification for Euro 2020 is all that matters. Get Sam in, hope for a decent group and we'll be okay

Laughing at Kenny and then promoting Allarrdyce LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:29pm
Why laugh? Why does it to have to be a rush decision? I would be confident that most posters on here would have us playing better than what we are now. 

Why not give it to a manager who knows the league and has a proper identity at the club he is at. Kenny's side play ball the right way. He can put an imprint on the team and give us proper tactics. It think it is ignorance to think this man isn't able. The players will be better and he can apply the same principles. He proved this in Europe and against really top teams. 

I would like him to get it and leave him try build something. A quick win manager just for the next 12 months on a big salary isn't the answer IMO.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

arter is doing a jig on the streets of cardiff right now....and wardy

In all seriousness, the sad thing is I'd say there are a lot of players who are secretly doing a jig.
A lot of them? I think 'all of them' would be more like it. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:31pm

You have just lost all credibility on this forum
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:34pm
once the empty seats became an issue that JD's thing.. he needs a full house to pay the bills...well done for pulling trigger JD but should've been done a year ago  
some great nites with martin charge , think coleman injury did make a big impact on our qualification...
paris lille Vienna Cardiff 1-0  were great and I was lucky be at them...
germany home and away great results too... 
Come on Irelind
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:34pm
I don't get the theory that if we get Kenny in that we'll suddenly play fancy football.

It's kinda hard to play good football without the players able to do so. 
Watching Saudi Arabia in the WC try and play tiki taka football with inferior less technically skilled players was a painful example of it. It's probably worse than the shower of sh*te we've seen than the last 18 month.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:35pm
The last 2 years have seen such a regression it can be hard to remember that we had some fantastic results under MON and a great Euros in France, no matter what people say about the Italy team we faced it was an absolutely magic night in Lille and nothing can take away from that for me.

But since Austria away, the performances and results have been absolutely shocking. Scraped into a playoff after beating a Welsh team without Bale and with Allen going off injured, and totally exposed against Denmark at home for having the team unprepared and no tactics. Should have gone after that but we got there eventually.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:40pm

Yeah cause he’ll leave Dundalk for the 21s LOL clueless
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:51pm
I suppose this means the end of Cryus Christie's blossoming midfield kingpin role.Wacko

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

I suppose this means the end of Cryus Christie's blossoming midfield kingpin role.Wacko

Possibly the end of him in the squad. 

We’ve two very good right backs in Coleman and Doherty, we don’t need three. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

remember there was a sub-committee put together to put a name forward after a series of interviews. Houghton was on it etc. What manager did we end up with,was it Kerr?

Hold your horses there young fella if I recall Brian Kerr's win/ration was hell of a lot better than MON, Trap, Stan, Mick & Jack and most of them had way better squads Brian Kerr got the sh*tty end of the stick remember when McCarthy should of be gone after the WC and Saipan he stayed on got off to a bad start in our EC2004 campaign and then abandoned us! Brian Kerr as we all know was treated very badly after all this!
im asking a question as I can’t remember what manager that was for!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 374375376377378 419>
  Share Topic