You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you feel right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you feel right now?
    Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:13am
Just thought it'd be interesting to record how individual fans are feeling themselves in the aftermath of tonight and the last weekend.

Me; I've gone from nervous but eagerly optimistic on Friday afternoon, to anger post-match on Friday afternoon. Right now I feel like I've been punched in the stomach. I feel very  annoyed that this campaign has been what it has. I do have a slight sense of relief I guess at the prospect of something new but the negativity that surrounds the team at the minute is certainly contageous. Have to say, the trigger-happy statement from the FAI has pissed me off a bit. Waiting another 12 hours till morning would've done them no harm. Even though Trap certainly deserves to go, it stinks of the unsubtle 'distancing themselves' that the FAI did after Cyprus 2007 when Stan (again, deservedly) got the boot.

For me its more than just missing out on Rio - hugely disappointing and all that it is - its a whole lot more than the missed tournament. That seems slightly secondary at the minute, Although I don't prescribe to the Brady nonsense that we've no good players coming through, I think the next few years are going to be tough enough and Euro 2016 - which I personally thought would be straightforward enough for us to get to -  seems a bit further away right now.

Anyone else...
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
Sponsored Links

Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:16am
A strange combination of tired, pissed off, disappointed and horny.
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
thenewguyis back View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenewguyis back Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:18am
pretty much exactly how i feel you summed it up right there.

I didn't share your opinion about the trigger happy statement, part of me wondered would they keep him til june so i was actually pleased when i read it, but when you put it like that then yes another 12 hours would not have hurt anyone
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:20am
Sad...empty...but looking forward to a new era that might take five years...might take ten years
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:23am
What hurts the most is comparing our performance vs England to the games over the past 4 days.
The difference is night and day.

We knew from the start we had probably the 2nd hardest group out the lot (1st being the group which contains Spain and France) but we dropped 4 points against a team who we should be beating anyday.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:26am
Bad worse seeing all the people who want Martin O'Neill or Roy Keane to take over the job.   

Edited by seanyshuffler - 11 Sep 2013 at 12:26am
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:32am
I didn't think we would qualify from this group from the start so not bitterly disappointed. Very pissed off with the way we went down without a fight though. Glad that it spells the end of the Trap era, albeit 12 months later than it should have ended. On the plus side, I've just come off the beach after a day of sunbathing and swimming in the Carribean Sea. Maybe that's after tempering some of my anger about our performances!!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:33am
I had made my peace the brazil adventure wont be happening over the weekend so feeling not too bad.
A change is needed and now it will come

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Sep 2013 at 12:35am
benboview View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benboview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:35am
Relieved.

The charlatan is nearly gone.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:36am
Tipsy.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:36am
Sick but not surprised.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:36am
hoping we dont appoint a new manager until after the campaign. imagine a new managers first game being an away game to germany without key players and then playing kazakstan in an empty aviva. no feel good factor,no momentum.  id put a caretaker in for those two games and then make an official appointment.
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:51am
I still held out hope to be honest even after the Sweden result came in. Tiny, sh*tty little bit of hope that I factor into too many aspects of my life. 

Decided to do an SHL data assessment test there now for a trainee train driver job that I really really really want and think i've probably ballsed that up as well, so I'm ina bad place right now. 

Think Ron Burgundy when he is stumbling through the streets of San Francisco swalling a lukewarm pint of milk after he lost his job, I'm that f**king low.
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

I still held out hope to be honest even after the Sweden result came in. Tiny, sh*tty little bit of hope that I factor into too many aspects of my life. 

Decided to do an SHL data assessment test there now for a trainee train driver job that I really really really want and think i've probably ballsed that up as well, so I'm ina bad place right now

Think Ron Burgundy when he is stumbling through the streets of San Francisco swalling a lukewarm pint of milk after he lost his job, I'm that f**king low.

LOL Jaysus man. Think that's where the line between life and sport should probably be drawn.

Know the feeling though. I missed Paris 2009 because I had parent-teacher meetings all the next day (having book the trip before finding out the PT meeting schedules!). Not sure I was the most amiable chap the next day. Luckily I'm off tomorrow. Plan on spending the day recovering from a night of sh*te beer and on watching the aftermath of the WC campaign unfold on the internet. Unhappy
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

Decided to do an SHL data assessment test there now for a trainee train driver job that I really really really want and think i've probably ballsed that up as well, so I'm ina bad place right now

LOL Jaysus man. Think that's where the line between life and sport should probably be drawn.

Know the feeling though. I missed Paris 2009 because I had parent-teacher meetings all the next day (having book the trip before finding out the PT meeting schedules!). Not sure I was the most amiable chap the next day. Luckily I'm off tomorrow. Plan on spending the day recovering from a night of sh*te beer and on watching the aftermath of the WC campaign unfold on the internet. Unhappy

I got asked to do the test on Friday and had always planned to do it tonight as I only got back from Ireland last night so the two aren't linked really. It was some online bollix, stage three (of five) in the application process. Just have a bad feeling about the thing although I'm probably down because of the football. Anyway they don't give you the results so hopefully my sense of doom is a football thing and i'll be driving city boys from deepest darkest Berkshire into Paddington and whistling the 'Rocky Road to Rio' before long......oh wait!!
kelvin View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 1:24am
Not as disappointed as on Friday. That's the game that truly killed it off in my opinion. The players looked like they knew it was over after that and it was a proper kick in the nuts.

Hate the fact we've two (pretty much) pointless games coming up now. Can't work out all the time but I did figure we had a chance of doing a much better job than this.
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 1:25am

Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

I got asked to do the test on Friday and had always planned to do it tonight as I only got back from Ireland last night so the two aren't linked really. It was some online bollix, stage three (of five) in the application process. Just have a bad feeling about the thing although I'm probably down because of the football. Anyway they don't give you the results so hopefully my sense of doom is a football thing and i'll be driving city boys from deepest darkest Berkshire into Paddington and whistling the 'Rocky Road to Rio' before long......oh wait!!

Well good luck with that anyway. Ireland games on the eve of an important day in the real world aren't generally ideal. Think we all find that out at some point. LOL
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 1:27am
was living on hope too, even after the Sweden game, was thinking if we beat Austria ya never know we could go to Germany and nick a famous win, lol.

just gutted right now. a year of meaningless games is depressing after the elation and hope of last year.

praying mon doesn't get the job
Whacha gonna do
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic