FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you feel right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you feel right now?
    Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:15pm
Disappointed that we wont get to play at another WC finals.
Not disappointed Trap's gone. Was tired of the excessive hoof ball tactic. When Robbie said last weekend that we've always played that way, it was not quite true, as previous encumbents since Charlton, have at least tried to that we keep the ball, albeit in a limited fashion. Watching us at home had become torturous.

However, I'm sad that we do not have the kind of quality that we've had in the past and no matter who the new manager is that comes in, it will take a little rebuilding to get us back competitive again. 

Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:11pm
on the train back, hanging, gutted and dreading listening to the Austrians sl*gging us off for the next few months   
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:05pm
hungover as fook. Bit of the horn as well. Ye know yourself 
@AntrimMan85
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Houghton - Get left anything in the will ?

Yes, unlimited access to Manuelas services
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:53am
Houghton - Get left anything in the will ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:53am

EU employment rights guarantee freedom of movement between states so a cap on foreign players would be of limited effect.

From an Irish perspective the lack of Irish players with top clubs is worrying. We have four players at top six clubs in EPL (all at Everton) and only one player in the CL (Stokes).

The JM Bosman rule has totally transformed how clubs look at recruiting players and nowadays those clubs with academies have kids from all over the globe when previously it was usually kids from GB and I with the knock on effect for the development of young irish and british players.

The challange we have is how to maximise or perforances with the players at our disposal.

houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:52am
Im of mixed emotions. Feel like an old relative has passed away or something. 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:51am
Sad to see him go in this manner...he brought us on some jouney...

Now the merrygoround of hope restarts wit da new manager
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:41am
I think looking for someone to blame really !!! Discussed the recent plan to reduce the number of foreigners in the Premier League and the possible  effects it would have on the Irish national Team and I came to a conclusion that it may not be a bad thing if players stayed here (league of Ireland ) a bit longer it would make the league a bit stronger or if players moved to continental Europe to the likes of the Dutch and Belgian leagues they maybe develop in to better technical players. It is no coincidence that Wales, Scotland, NI and ourselves had abysmal world cup qualifying campaigns when we all depend so much on the English system. I honestly think our grassroots football isn't that bad but as players develop they are thrown into the English system of playing the game. If anyone saw the highlights of the England v Ukraine game last night they were muck to watch.  
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:15am
The forum today feels like a bit of a self help group !
Knew last night was probably coming - Still gutted.
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 11:04am
Realistically we were finished after the home game to Germany. It wasn't just the three points lost but the way we lost that game, there is a right way to lose a game and a wrong way. If Germany wanted to they could have scored 7, 8 or 9 that night. Nothing was right in the squad and everything was wrong.
I was never more pessimistic going into the home Sweden game, we had been awful at home in this campaign and there was nothing to suggest that anything was going to change.
Last night was poor stuff, there was only one decent player on the field and he made the difference.
How do I feel?... relieved it is over but frustrated and disappointed that this has been a wasted campaign. We are not at the level of Germany but we definitely should be competing with the likes of Sweden and Austria. Dropping four points to each of these sides is playing way below the level of our players and the responsibility for this must fall at the feet of the management.
We should be going into these last two games fighting for second spot and then crossing the fingers for a half decent draw in the play offs. We are out with two games yet to play.
How do I feel now .... hopeful ...because there is always hope. A new campaign awaits in a little over a year.

Edited by nice triangles - 11 Sep 2013 at 11:06am
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:41am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:33am
If i'm brutally honest i'm glad its come to an end.

I posted at the outset of qualifying that we'd finish 4th in the group and don't take any pleasure in being right. It was blatantly obvious that the man knew the writing was on the wall and was looking after his pension fund.

The FAI took a massive gamble in giving trap a new contract and it went pear shaped. Maybe the FAI might think again about allowing a private individual fund the national team managers salary.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:28am
Frustrated - the last year to 15 months has been a waste, in hindsight. Persisting with these prehistoric methods and joke of a 'system'. In hindsight again, this campaign should have been used as a rebuilding period

Hopeful - a new manager will mean a new start, hopefully putting pride back in the jersey, getting all players pulling in the right direction, putting our best XI on the pitch, get bigger crowds at matches with a better atmosphere as we'll surely be playing a better style of football, and hopefully making us hard to beat and capable of taking the odd big scalp (maybe being too hopeful here)

Slightly concerned - goalkeepeing situation. Age of our centre backs and standard of those who will replace them. No-one to replace Robbies goals. No quality partner for James McCarthy 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 11 Sep 2013 at 10:30am
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Felt little emotion watching that last night

Strangely enough I was the same, the inevitability of failure no matter what happened probably contributed.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:15am
It had for me the same felling as when we played Cyprus at home under Stan...everyone knew the game was up,players and fans pissed off and total confusion on and off the field.....with a manger desperately trying to keep some dignity....all in all a shambles really.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:11am
Feel grand.
Wasnt expecting much so wasnt too disappointed.
Both Sweden and Austria are muck but we are mucker with a clueless manager.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:09am
As early as the German thumping I never thought we would qualify
Felt little emotion watching that last night
Was all a bit,surreal..without getting too deep
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic