Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The need for a play-maker/trequartista

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

4-4-2 is finished in modern day football, it went out with Ace of Base, Cassette Tapes and Pog's etc.

Ireland play 4-4-2: 5 Major Tournaments
Ireland play 4-5-1: LOL

Ireland 0-4 Spain
Ireland 1-6 Germany
Ireland 0-3 Germany

As you see, we're 4-4-2, launch it 40 yards up the pitch, heads. As far as we're concerned, it's far from finished.

Now, where's the Ace of Base Cassette Tape again?
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Sponsored Links

golden tiger 2013 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden tiger 2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

Originally posted by golden tiger 2013 golden tiger 2013 wrote:

The only play- maker Ireland have now is Stephen Ireland and its very doubtful if he will ever play for Ireland again. First of all, he has to establish himself in the Stoke team, and even if he does that, I don't think he will ever be the player he was . He really is Ireland's only hope . As I said before a lot of the so called weaker teams like Bulgaria, Slovakia, Turkey, Montenegro , Poland , Iceland , Israel, Serbia would beat Ireland at the moment. Ireland need a very easy group to qualify for euro 2016.

Wrong,  Mc Carthy is a playmaker, he is too young still,  Hoolahan is a natural born playmaker as well, different type mobile, agile, Ireland could do that and also Mc Geady could learn it...

Coleman was huge yesterday and Stokes also the 2 best players...the difference between a team full of confidence and other that didnt operate with that....Trap prefers negativity aproach

Mcgeady couldn't play as a play-maker if his life depended on it, he has no football brain , he is just a brainless winger with a trick or two. Hoolohan is 31 is not even in the Norwich squad at the moment , he will be a league one player soon , forget about him .  I have been hearing about McCarthy's potential to be a top class player for the past 3 years, when is he going to deliver on it in an Ireland jersey?.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

4-4-2 is finished in modern day football, it went out with Ace of Base, Cassette Tapes and Pog's etc.

Ireland play 4-4-2: 5 Major Tournaments
Ireland play 4-5-1: LOL

Ireland 0-4 Spain
Ireland 1-6 Germany
Ireland 0-3 Germany

As you see, we're 4-4-2, launch it 40 yards up the pitch, heads. As far as we're concerned, it's far from finished.

Now, where's the Ace of Base Cassette Tape again?

So having the likes of Whelan, Keane, Irwin, Aldridge, O'Leary, Duff, Given, Houghton, Quinn etc in very good teams over the course of those 5 tournaments in which we qualified for had nothing to do with getting to them, it was all because we played 4-4-2.

You really are clueless, no wonder 99% of posters on here don't take you seriously.

4-1-3-1-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-1-1  with the right team picked isn't a bog standard 4-5-1, showing yourself up again, too easy. Stick to other sports, football clearly isn't your thing. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 8:25pm
Quote 4-1-3-1-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-1-1  with the right team picked isn't a bog standard 4-5-1.

You can dismiss our way of playing and arrange your formations above anyway you want, the reality is, it's 5 men in midfield areas, and 1 upfront, making it 4-5-1.

If you think 4-4-2 is outdated, that's your right. Fact is, the 4-4-2 formation has got us some of the greatest goals, wins, and moments in our history. It's not designed to entertain the masses, it's designed to get results. We've tried other formations, and the results above show we're better off with our 4-4-2.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 11:45am
Hoolahan, Ireland, Reid and Quinn are all playmakers, in that order for me too. Brady is showing real class in cutting in and as well as passing so he could definitely be an option for one of those free roaming midfielders who show up across the pitch also if McGeady is ever actually put in his right position on the RIGHT flank he is yet another creative option. Add to that Gibson and McCarthy behind them I don't for one second believe that Ireland lack or don't have creative players who can't make things happen

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 13 Oct 2013 at 11:46am
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 1:58pm
I can see Brady moving inside in a year or two.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:14pm
I'd be delighted to see a team like this lining out for us game in game out, obviously if a player isn't playing well then a change or two has to be made. I'd also like to see the new manager, use the granny rule and see if we can beef up our playing pool a bit!                              

Forde

Coleman O'Shea Clark Wilson/O'Brien

McCarthy Gibson

McGeady/Pilks    Weso         Brady     

Long

Subs (Rough work): Westwood                          Possible Retirements: Keane & Dunne
                                Walters
                                McClean
                                Stokes
                                Pearce
                                Whelan
                                Meyler
                                Kelly

Edited by Green Devil - 13 Oct 2013 at 2:15pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden tiger 2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Hoolahan, Ireland, Reid and Quinn are all playmakers, in that order for me too. Brady is showing real class in cutting in and as well as passing so he could definitely be an option for one of those free roaming midfielders who show up across the pitch also if McGeady is ever actually put in his right position on the RIGHT flank he is yet another creative option. Add to that Gibson and McCarthy behind them I don't for one second believe that Ireland lack or don't have creative players who can't make things happen

Your deluded, Hoolohan can't get in the Norwich squad at the moment , he will be 32 when the euro 2016 campaign starts. He is finished as an international player. He's not that good anyway. Stephen Ireland has not performed for at least 4 years, he has a lot to do to get back in the Irish team . Reid is playing in the first division and while a talented player, he has no stamina and is a liability to the team after 40 minutes. Brady has had a good start to the premier league, but he has not proven anything yet. Ireland are going to seriously struggle to qualify for euro 2016, and who ever cant see that is not in touch with reality.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:23pm

Your deluded, Hoolohan can't get in the Norwich squad at the moment , he will be 32 when the euro 2016 campaign starts. He is finished as an international player. He's not that good anyway. Stephen Ireland has not performed for at least 4 years, he has a lot to do to get back in the Irish team . Reid is playing in the first division and while a talented player, he has no stamina and is a liability to the team after 40 minutes. Brady has had a good start to the premier league, but he has not proven anything yet. Ireland are going to seriously struggle to qualify for euro 2016, and who ever cant see that is not in touch with reality.

In a play-making role, you don't do any dirty work! Basically you get on the ball and spray it around, you don't need to be young to play it. 

He's a hell of a lot better than the majority of our players on the ball anyway! 

Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:24pm

+1
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
mad max View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:25pm
tiger you are deluded,wes can play til 34 or5 no problem.
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by mad max mad max wrote:

tiger you are deluded,wes can play til 34 or5 no problem.

of course he can - but to what standard? sure he's not getting into his club side at the minute
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
mad max View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:38pm
he can play at high enough standard for our 2016 campaign,he doesnt have to play 90 mins every time he can be a great option for last half hour in games.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:52pm
Hoolahan shouldn't be starting if he can't get onto the Norwich team.
mad max View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 3:08pm
whelan cant get in the stoke team,robbie keane doesnt play club football,and those 2 are always picked!!
sumleftboot View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumleftboot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 3:33pm
In the 4-2-3-1 formation stokes is a must in place of long. From watching both players alot I can say for a fact stokes has better link up play and more guile and craft. Stoke is brilliant from dead ball aswell. Long would be better coming off the bench when the game becomes streched. With brady,mc geady and hoolahan behind him we would have ball players capable of creating lots of chances. I would love it if this was the team we use in the future.
forde
coleman,dunne,oshea,o brien
mc carthy and gibson
mc geady,hoolahan, brady
stokes.

subs:long,pilkington,mcclean,clark,wilson,keane,walters,westwood,reid,ireland,doyle,whelan,best,cox- good options on the bench.
i would get ireland back in with him starting for stoke now.
That would be exciting stuff seeing this team !TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden tiger 2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 3:50pm

In a play-making role, you don't do any dirty work! Basically you get on the ball and spray it around, you don't need to be young to play it. 

He's a hell of a lot better than the majority of our players on the ball anyway! 

And who is too say that the next manager will even play Hoolohan . I don't think the next manager will, considering he is not even in the norwich city squad.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden tiger 2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by mad max mad max wrote:

whelan cant get in the stoke team,robbie keane doesnt play club football,and those 2 are always picked!!

I agree Whelan shouldn't be in the first team, but Robbie should, he is the only striker have who can put the ball in the back of the net.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic