You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPC Horizon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPC Horizon
    Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 4:16pm
Anybody got this, can anybody tell me what it is exactly?

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 4:33pm
20 HD channels as part of the package, wifi built in the the digi box and record 4programmes at once. Oh and u can watch telly on your ipad, phone etc but only if you connected to your upc wifi. Big load of marketing for a mediocre improvement imo
Suppose i should mention home phone included

Edited by sham157 - 06 Sep 2013 at 4:34pm
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

20 HD channels as part of the package, wifi built in the the digi box and record 4programmes at once. Oh and u can watch telly on your ipad, phone etc but only if you connected to your upc wifi. Big load of marketing for a mediocre improvement imo

Cheers Sham - I was talking to UPC this morning, and I can get the Horizon in for no extra monthly charge (I already have TV, phone and broadband with them)....I suppose it would be worth getting in so?  Do you have it mate?

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Cheers Sham - I was talking to UPC this morning, and I can get the Horizon in for no extra monthly charge (I already have TV, phone and broadband with them)....I suppose it would be worth getting in so?  Do you have it mate?
Nah dont have, im on contract for another 8 months. Ah look if its costing no extra go for it with bells and whistles. Its just no big draw if your a new customer, its nothing exciting basically. With sky you can watch on 2 devices anywhere you want for example but with UPC you need to be on your own wifi. Theyre making a huge fuss about very little.

Oops ballsed up the reply on the phone
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 2:26pm
Cancelled my upc account before my contract is out. They are looking for 200 euro to cancel it. If I just dont pay that what would happen? I no longer live at the address?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Cancelled my upc account before my contract is out. They are looking for 200 euro to cancel it. If I just dont pay that what would happen? I no longer live at the address?
They'll send the bill to a debt collection agency, they sent my bill to Iterum Justitia. They're hounding me and threatening to sue me for €42 at the moment.

Now UPC never contacted me about my final bill, the first I heard was about two months later when I received a letter from the debt colletion agency.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 08 Oct 2013 at 2:36pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 2:38pm
I just googled it there and someone suggested if I tell them I am moving to an area where upc isnt available they cant charge me the fee. Is there anywhere that it is not available? I thought it would available everywhere? 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 2:42pm
Yes.

Parts of Dalkey are not supported yet by UPC - try Military Road or Station Road.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 4:08pm
UPC are sh*te. The remote control is a joke and no interactive on bbc or sky is a pain in the hole when watching sports that are only on the red button
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 2:28pm

Anybody got Horizon in?

Got it today, wouldn't mind asking a few questions on it.....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 2:46pm
Ask away..
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:35pm
Cheers Horsey,

Can you add to the apps that already come on the system?

greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:36pm

Anybody got Horizon in?

Have it since May. Ask away
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

Anybody got Horizon in?

Have it since May. Ask away

Cheers lads,

Can you add to the apps that already come on the system?

Also, how do get your TV on your smart phone and iPad?

greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:43pm
They are all pre installed apps so cant make any changes or add to whats available.

Download the horizon tv app from the iTunes store. You will have to be connected to your UPC wifi for the channels to work. The channels wont work on 3g or other wifi providers
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:54pm

They are all pre installed apps so cant make any changes or add to whats available.

Download the horizon tv app from the iTunes store. You will have to be connected to your UPC wifi for the channels to work. The channels wont work on 3g or other wifi providers

Shame about the apps. Having Netflix would be great, but I suppose they're competition to UPC really, do wouldn't make sense them adding it. Pity there isn't a web browser either.

Sorted the Tablet and iPhone. I have a bloody android phone and it isn't available on android until the end of the year.

Cheers....delighted with the Horizon, it's some advancement in technology...and certainly far from finished. Jaysus, once everyone has Smart TVs, TV networks are gonna find themselves in the same sh*t newspapers are in right now.

greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 4:19pm

Shame about the apps. Having Netflix would be great, but I suppose they're competition to UPC really, do wouldn't make sense them adding it. Pity there isn't a web browser either

Yeah a web browser would be have been handy. At the start only a few apps were available then UPC added more a few months ago. Cant see them adding Netflix anytime soon, like you say they are already competition with their own On Demand service.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 5:41pm
Virgin Media in the UK, who are now owned by the same crowd that own UPC have recently signed a deal with Netflix to have the Netflix app on their Tivo boxes so they might get it too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic