You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryanair Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 2:25pm
Hmmm, I dunno. I mean, they maybe should have got the plane to take off from Hahn back to Memmingen, and it appears there was a long delay there which might be their fault..... but I'm not 100%. Maybe contact the commission for aviation regulation and see what they say.

The weather may have been unpredictable *but* the massive delays, and the decision to bus you rather than fly you, and those delays, could be their fault.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 2:41pm
SD44
yes not expecting much but will get the wheels in motion.
Interestingly ryanair did send an automatic email Sunday night at 23.12 about the diversion to Hahn (while we were on the plane in Hahn)

Wir bedauern, dass dieser Flug einer der wenigen beeinträchtigten Flüge war.
-- ie the events were outside their control
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 3:03pm
Doesn't mean the continuation of the delay was beyond their control. The bus didn't get you there til way later. Maybe they could have taken off from Hahn at midnight and got you there earlier.

Of course, if the airport was closed and you couldn't take off, the buses were the quickest way back to Memmingen.

Ryanair might well have done all in their control here, from a legal perspective.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 1:36am
I've just noticed before checking in for faro my mate's passport has his middle name wrote on it (for whatever reason) the first name and surname are correct, but will Ryanair accept this Thumbs Down?
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 7:29am
Yeah no problem. Nothing to worry about
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 7:53am
Cool it's €110 to change a name on Ryanair .
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 8:27am
Ryanair are not anal anymore and if they were they wouldn't have an issue with his middle name being on the passport and not on the boarding pass.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:01am
Have the same problem myself with the middle name in the passport for some strange reason. Never had a problem getting onto a flight with any airline. Was asked at one point to produce my driving license just to support it but that was entering Russia.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:03am
My middle name is on mine and its never been an issue. I fly with Ryanair a good bit too.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:14am
Flew with Ryanair yesterday and this wasn't a problem

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 7:45pm
Brilliant thanks all Thumbs Up
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

My middle name is on mine and its never been an issue. I fly with Ryanair a good bit too.

What do the ryanair security say when they see your name is 'shay givens bum'?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What do the ryanair security say when they see your name is 'shay givens bum'?
They probably just think to themselves "what an asshole"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 9:07pm

Are you anal anymore though ;)
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 1:34pm
Dear peasants,
Unfortunately due to my private jet being grounded due to having some much needed repairs I am forced to fly with the lower classes. While this is in itself a disgrace (I have fired my aviation staff) I have a question regarding the hand baggage allowance on Ryanair. Are you allowed a rucksack and to carry on a suit? The suit has a cover and is bulky enough but can be folded in half.

RSVP at your nearest convenience,

Lord Trap Junior esquire OBE,MBE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 1:35pm
Yes
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 1:41pm
Not 100% sure about that.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 1:54pm

if they fit in the 2 bins provided and are below the carry-on weight then fine.  However your suit bag would likely need to fold in 4.  The rucksack would need to be small then as likely to be your 2nd bag.

The 2nd bag is really a handbag or small laptop bag.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic