FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moyes to be sacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 10:35am
Ruffled your feathers Swalex I see.  I'm "the type" who's been watching football for nearly 40 years and works in a job with connections to two Championship clubs speaking to people in the game on a daily basis. 

Here's the thing, if you don't like people's opinions what are you doing on a forum? 

Ferguson is the greatest British manager in my opinion.  His achievements with Aberdeen alone put him up there but his annointing of Moyes is a very bad move in my opinion.  Many Everton fans were sick of him by the end and he flopped badly on big occasions time after time.  In all his years in the UEFA CUp he didn't get beyond the quarter final in a decade when Celtic, Rangers, Boro and Fulham all made the final.  Bar Fellaini, Jagielka and Arteta most of his big money buys have been poor.  Yakubk, £11.5m, Johnson, Van der Meyde, Beattie, Heitinga, Bilyadetinov all flopped badly. Jelavic is borderline right now.  Moyes is a good manager I feel but is best served when he's pickiong up the Cahill's, Coleman's and Distin's  of the world.  He lost 2 semi finals and 1 final where he was badly exposed tactically. 

Other clubs missed their targets yes but they still signed players and by and large where happy with their lot.  If Moyes knew he wanted Fellaini why did he wait until the last day?  Bar the Ronaldo story which was verified by many reliable sources on TV and radio every example I gave above was a fact, a Rafa fact even and yesterday Khedira himself said Madrid turned a bid down for him and Galatasary said they turned down a bid for Sneijder.  Ferguson missed targets in recent years but he never went scrambling around on the last day like this.  You had the Berbatov situation but that was more to stop City getting him. 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Sponsored Links

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Good man SuWalx,

Start of summer it was all Ronaldo's coming back then it went dead!

In July he bid for Baines which was rejected then he left it for a month.

Chased Thiago and he went to Bayern as Pep raised an eyebrow. 

Chased Fabregas when the guy had no intention of coming to Man U and Barca had no intention of selling. 

He knew Fellani had a buy out clause but let it run out before bidding. 

Bids just above Fellani's buy out for 2 players! 

Looks to take in Coentrao at the last minute and fails and guys Fellani for £4m more than he could have and misses out on Baines after 3 bids. 

Did I miss anything?

Gary Neville tweeted last night that deadline day shows how desperate and unorganised teams are.  I never remember Fergie being involved in messes like this! 

Ah, I see. So you are a tabloid headline reader who doesn't delve in to the article enough, I reckon you read the headlines and maybe the intro paragraph and maybe a bit further down depending on how patient you are.

You also use Twitter, and buy in to all of the rumours floating around on it...I know the type. In fact, I was discussing your very type in another thread earlier on today. A bizarre old bunch.

But anyway, you are plainly wrong on a couple of accounts that you listed above; and correct on a couple. yes United missed out on a couple of signings they were after. So did Chelsea (Rooney and Falcoa), so did City (Isco and Cavani), so did Arsenal (Higuain and Suarez), so did Liverpool (Michatryan and Willian). But sure that's not what you're interested in, you are only interested in trying to have a pop and Man United and Sir Alex Ferguson who's unprecedented success must have ran you right over to Bitter street.

Do you think this is the first time United missed out on transfer targets (Lewandowski last summer, confirmed, Modric the year before, confirmed). That list could go on and on and on.

I agree with you, Moyes insisting he was bidding for Fabregas was a wrong move and he was either advised or decided to go public with that and it turned out to be a PR disaster. But if you think United are going to be a disaster on the pitch because of it, or you - hilariously - think that Moyes' appointment has turned in to a disaster after only two months in the job because of it, then you sir are a deluded clown.

Your delusion mixed with your bitterness, along with falling for an agenda-driven media is what forms your opinion. That sort of opinion just doesn't count to me, I'm afraid.

It's a lazy opinion, doused with uncertainty. 

Edited by Siralex - 03 Sep 2013 at 4:58pm
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:48pm
Oh and Ozil a player they could have got goes to Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:46pm
Good man SuWalx,

Start of summer it was all Ronaldo's coming back then it went dead!

In July he bid for Baines which was rejected then he left it for a month.

Chased Thiago and he went to Bayern as Pep raised an eyebrow. 

Chased Fabregas when the guy had no intention of coming to Man U and Barca had no intention of selling. 

He knew Fellani had a buy out clause but let it run out before bidding. 

Bids just above Fellani's buy out for 2 players! 

Looks to take in Coentrao at the last minute and fails and guys Fellani for £4m more than he could have and misses out on Baines after 3 bids. 

Did I miss anything?

Gary Neville tweeted last night that deadline day shows how desperate and unorganised teams are.  I never remember Fergie being involved in messes like this! 
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:41pm
Thumbs Up

Some neck on the freelance lawyers, rightly told to get stuffed. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Jonny2Times Jonny2Times wrote:

I saw a fan compare Moyes to Souness and you can see where he is coming from.  His dealings have been desperate so far.  Bidding for Baines and then the Real player, gets none so what is Evra thinking now?  Fergie should have had no say in who took over. 

Agree that the dealings were beyond a joke.

But blaming Ferguson for this... jaysis.. LOLLOL

Cue the: but he picked Moyes ect response.....

Has there been anymore updates on the "impostor" situation? Weird, weird situation. Moyes would have had very little experience of transfers of Herrera's complexity  so there needed to be someone with good experience working with him, I'm not sure that Woodward provides that. Its a shame for Moyes as he's a likeable fella and most neutrals wouldnt necessarily want him to fail.

On the Herrera shenanigans yesterday...

Looks to be that United had a bid turned down by Atheltico Bilboa on Sunday after 48-hours of negotiations. United din't think the player was worth the €36m buy-out clause and left it at that.

Then yesterday, three well-known lawyers (who have brokered deals from Spanish clubs before) went in to La Liga to say they had the €36m to transfer to the league to buy Herrera out of his contract. These were not Manchester United lawyers, they were 'freelance' lawyers, looking for commission on the deal and then brokering it between Athletic and United. The lawyers then tried to call Manchester United to say they had released the player from his contract and they would just have to pay the release fee to the lawyers and the player was theirs.

But United weren't interested at all in paying the release fee...so the 'freelance' lawyers went home without getting their humongous commssion of millions for brokering the deal. They were chancers; United had already given up on Herrera on Sunday.

Bizarre. Bt apparently, this type of 'freelance' lawyering happens quite regularly in Spain due to the buy-out clause nature of player contracts in La Liga. 

By the way, is that Savo fella just a really bad WUM, or is he genuinely one of those football fans that you just have to feel sorry for cause he hasn't a clue? WHy do people who don't watch football think their opinions count? Savo posting on here is the equivalent of me posting on a Coronation Street forum, I don't watch it, so I don't have a clue.

Edited by Siralex - 03 Sep 2013 at 4:38pm
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:32pm
3 games in dimwits
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:28pm
Moyes was nominated by Fergie.  He was blinkered by the Scottish thing.  Bottom line is Mourinho was the man to take over but Fergie knew he'd have p*ssed on his legacy in no time!  Man U will be lucky to finish 4th I reckon!!!!
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Jonny2Times Jonny2Times wrote:

I saw a fan compare Moyes to Souness and you can see where he is coming from.  His dealings have been desperate so far.  Bidding for Baines and then the Real player, gets none so what is Evra thinking now?  Fergie should have had no say in who took over. 

Has there been anymore updates on the "impostor" situation? Weird, weird situation. Moyes would have had very little experience of transfers of Herrera's complexity  so there needed to be someone with good experience working with him, I'm not sure that Woodward provides that. Its a shame for Moyes as he's a likeable fella and most neutrals wouldnt necessarily want him to fail.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jonny2Times View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny2Times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:20pm

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

What will the chelsea strikers be thinking?

They probably knew Mourinho didn't fancy them when he started without one against United

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:13pm
What will the chelsea strikers be thinking?

It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:10pm
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:10pm
He'll be under pressure all season every season. He could certainly do with getting a big signing today.

I'd be very surprised if United are not challenging for the league come April
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:09pm
You have to remember Kagawa didnt have a full pre season and travelled to japan a couple of weeks ago for an international

He will get plenty of game time

Over the last few seasons the likes of giggs and scholes played plenty of games early on while the internationals gain full fitness
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:03pm
The thing that has annoyed me most about Moyes so far has been his choosing of Giggs over the likes of Kagawa and Zaha, plus there has been a serious lack of support for RVP int the last couple of games, United are screaming out for a bit of creativity in the middle yet he won't start Kagawa!

But it will take time for Moyes to settle into the job, 4 points from the opening 3 games is far from a disaster, United will be right up there come next May challenging for the title, I have absolutely no doubts about it
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Scoring goals is the hardest part of the game SA.

Which is why players like Ronaldo and Bale command fee's excess of 80m.

We have a player in our squad that scored more than bale last season and the season before
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Some mortifying reading in this thread...
Three games in and people making up threads like this? Surely that's to be laughed at!

Its a bit of a piss-take this thread is it not. 
No-one actually thinks Moyes should be sacked?

I guess you wouldn't know around here...

But in truth, I did a Barlow, I didn't really read the thread, just had my tuppence worth!

Ok so are the comments mortifying or did you not read the thread???? I'm really confused now.

Edited by eire77 - 02 Sep 2013 at 11:28am
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071>
  Share Topic