You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dubs vs culchies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 3:46pm
Mayo will be stripped clean today, 2 bus loads of dublin's finest gone shopping LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 5:28pm
Looking at the majority of posters on here, I'd say not. The most on here are from outside Dublin.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 7:31pm
I am a Wexford man, from New Ross. F#ck all down my way go to games. But that's down here in general. But there is a good few from outside Dublin that go to games. Massive amount form Galway.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by cormacbyrne cormacbyrne wrote:

Just think country people get caught up in supporting their local parish playing Gaa instead of supporting/contributing towards the national team.Its almost like a sin down here in Wexford to support ireland

Bit of an over exaggeration do you not think. Their is several great example on here who will follow their gaa club and county but very rarely will that stop them supporting the national team. I'd say a large proportion of the members on here are from outside Dublin just look at how many Ireland supporters clubs are being set up around the country
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:20pm
Whats a better team?
Forde, Coleman, O Shea, McShane, Wilson, Stephen Hunt, Mclean, Meyler, Gibson,Long, Doyle

VS:

Henderson, Kelly, Dunne, O Dea, Ward, Andrews, Whelan, Andy reid, Hoolihan, Keane, Sammon
Whacha gonna do
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:46pm
Can we pick the foreign lads as culchies?
Chips don't bounce
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:51pm
Drog Addict wit da big Northsider accent on him , turns on da meath/drogheda when he leaves da big schmoke....

Wat accent do you use in Drog Land
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Drog Addict wit da big Northsider accent on him , turns on da meath/drogheda when he leaves da big schmoke....

Wat accent do you use in Drog Land

Fuq of ye bogger. It's a south Meath accent. To the untrained redneck ear it might sound like a Dublin accent
Chips don't bounce
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:40pm
I'd say the Pale would support it more because it's easier to get to home games and faster to get there. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 9:27am
OK lads.. Lets move this thread on a bit.  Next phase Northside v Southside then Donaghmede V Malahide then the Donaghmede Inn v Foxhound Inn. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 9:34am
Over the last 20 years or so the interest of football has increased dramatically thoroughout the country and this has without contributed to the increased support for the national from non traditional football parts of the country. The increased participation and interest in football of heretofor "passing interest" supporters is probably the single biggest legacy from the Charlton era. 

Its not really a distinction between dubs and culchies, more of an increase in support from non traditional football communities. The names of towns and villages on dispaly on tricolours is evidence of this.

The irony in this is that there is a large number of old school fans, fans who would have supported the national team "home and way" for years have packed in the international team. Some will tell you that "their" team has been hijacked by glory hunters and newbies who havent a clue about the game but are only there for the session.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Does anybody think that when dubs go down the country they talk with a stronger Dublin accent just so people are aware that they know they are dubs except when they come to rob yer gaf n'alls n'anyways.
LOLLOL
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Over the last 20 years or so the interest of football has increased dramatically thoroughout the country and this has without contributed to the increased support for the national from non traditional football parts of the country. The increased participation and interest in football of heretofor "passing interest" supporters is probably the single biggest legacy from the Charlton era. 

Its not really a distinction between dubs and culchies, more of an increase in support from non traditional football communities. The names of towns and villages on dispaly on tricolours is evidence of this.

The irony in this is that there is a large number of old school fans, fans who would have supported the national team "home and way" for years have packed in the international team. Some will tell you that "their" team has been hijacked by glory hunters and newbies who havent a clue about the game but are only there for the session.

I wonder if this is true.  Apart from the glamour matches has our core support group got bigger or smaller.  There were some 4,500 supporters in Moscow in 2002 and only a few hundred for that famous game in 2011. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 1:47pm
I'm living in Dublin and friends from my town living here go to most games....Always get one or two stragglers coming down from Donegal especially for the big games...lots down for sweden. Most of them are out of work or not getting many hours so money is tough but on the other hand a trip away from town every so often stops them cracking up!!
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 2:22pm
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 2:24pm
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 2:34pm
I'd love to hear from JAVIER on this topic. Im sure there was a documentary shown on ESPN Argentina about the loyalty of Republic of Eire's fans and their geographc location. 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Dubs Thumbs Down 
 No shock...Dublin City Centre is getting worse and worse. Only place I've seen worse is Athens....people openly shooting up everywhere. Worst city I was ever in
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic