Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cliftonville Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 66>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 12:31pm
It sure didn't take Linfield long to recover from being bottom early on to being back in the mix
Reds seem to have lost their way. Not got the same hunger maybe? Drunk out?

Reckon Linfield will win the league by a distance. And so they should be given their resources and wages they pay 
Sponsored Links

Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 11:55pm
Anyone else at the game tonight at Windsor park? Bad night on and off the pitch with the reds losing 4-1 to a far superior Linfield team, employing the long ball tactic for the biggest part of the game to no effect whatsoever. Boyce didn't start, no sign of Joe Gormley to late on in the second half too.

Meanwhile in the stands, the young Cliftonville fans up at back were reacting to the home crowd burning something which looked like a tricolour by letting off bangers and chanting "the I, the I, the IRA". The older Cliftonville heads from down at the front didn't like this at all so they turned around and shouted back at them "f**k off with that sh*t", "scumbags","f**k off yis wee w**kers" and so on. The wee scumbags from the back thought this was great and began to raise their hands in the air and chant "get the brits, get the brits, get the brits out now". This made the  older men even more angry and at one stage it nearly got very ugly with the stewards having to move in to stop a full blown riot kicking off in the away stand. Serious problems within the Cliftonville support, it's plain to see with all the hoody looking types with their stone island jackets thinking they are English football hooligans because they have watched too much Green Street.

Just goes to show that even with a simple game like football, we still have a long way to go. Had planned to bring the woman and child to the game tonight too but thankfully they ended up not going.

Edited by Doyler - 29 Oct 2013 at 11:55pm
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 6:42am
Meself horse and Trapped venturing up on the 9th nov for the Ballymena home game. AM will be our tour guide for the day. Scoops in Cassidy's beforehandThumbs Up
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 6:50pm
very nice biased reporting by the bbc norn iron team there

3 veiled indications that it was Cville fans fault and no mention of cville fans trying to sort out the singing at the game just comments on Linfield trying to eradicate (aii,right) singing over the years, no mention of linfield wrong doing.

thomas kane is a disgrace, he should know better.

-both fans were a disgrace

Edited by tonyjaa - 30 Oct 2013 at 6:52pm
newrygreen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 10:08pm
Nothing new really. Cliftonville fans are usually pretty good at self policing their fans. As for Linfield, well theyre Linfield.

Cliftonville are nowhere near the side they were last season. Linfield will walk the league this season with Crues finishing behind them
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:08pm
Myself, Trapped and Horsebox made the journey to the black north on Saturday to attend the game v Ballymena. The day started off good, brekkie was eaten, cans for the train purchased and we were at the train on time (even Trapped). Nothing happening train wise, and the 11:00 departure time came and passed. Eventually people left the waiting room and started boarding the train on their own initiative given the complete lack of info as to why the delay. Eventually we departed Connolly an hour late. Cans consumed en route and regular update texts to AntrimMan who was meeting us at our hotel. We duly arrived at Belfast Central and a taxi conveyed us to our hotel on the Dublin Road. We then speedily checked in, paid up and dumped the bags in the room, seizing the opportunity to have a slash.

As we were leaving the hotel, the aforementioned AntrimMan walked in. All present and accounted for, AM organised a taxi to Solitude. Parting with £10, we entered the ground and took a seat in the new stand behind the goal to the right a few rows from the back. On a bitterly cold day, we hoped the fare on offer from the reigning champions would warm us up. The reds went one up with a well taken finish but the quality of football was shocking, hence the detail I've went into about the rest of the trip.

As the interval approached, we decided a scoop was necessary and made our way to the social club under the old stand. While sipping on the pints, we missed Ballymena's equaliser. The second half commenced and with the guts of our seconf HT pint still safely contained in the plastic container it was handed to us in, we remained in situ. Some oul wan shouted something and to be honest we could'nt make out a word, but we assumed incorrectly, that the bar was closing for the 2nd half. How wrong we were. As we wnet to retake our seats, we found the door padlocked both top and bottom. We were locked in the bar. We could of course exited to the street and paid back in, but the first half offering on the pitch put paid to that.

So we remained in the bar watching the game out of the two available windows and the Cliftonville singing section were in full voice - inside the bar. CFC went 2-1 ahead, much to the delight of the loyal band of fans also locked in the bar. Full time was then signalled by the referee who blew his whistle after 90 odd minutes, is the manner we as football fans would be fairly accustomed to. After this, we strolled, ably guided by AM through a park and onto the Antrim Road to Cassidy's pub. A few decent pints were downed in this establishment before heading into town to continue our alcohol consumption.

We frequented a number of boozers such as the Duke of York, Kelly's, Maddens and other I believe. I set my sights on a member of a hen pary seated next to us in one of the pubs, but despite my best efforts and holding a little reffle for their group, I was ultimately unsuccessful in nailing her or indeed any of her group.

AM decided that we required some soakage, which in hindsight was a masterstroke, both in deciding that we needed feeding and the eatery (Meat in a Bap) that he brought us to. take a bow AM. I believe it was after this, that as we were strolling toanother pub, we passed a large group of Loyalist bandsmen, obviously out for abit of an oul remembering session. It was as we were walking through this group that Trapped decided it would be an ideal time to express his opinion thta "there are an awful lot of Loyalists around here".

Anyway, the night eventually came to an end as they invariably do. I know this because I woke up on Sunday morning in my hotel room. myself Trapped and HB made the wise decision that brekkie was required. We entered the Wetherspoons near our hotel andoreder of course, an Ulster fry. HB went for egss pope benedict. Trapped was far from impressed however, declaring that "these hash browns are awful". As myself and HB giggled a little, I declared "eh trapped, that's potato bread and fried bread.

With not being able to get a scoop until 12:30, we decided along with AM who had rejoined us, to go on a black taxi tour. The chap picked us up and as he and HB cross examined each other on memberships of various organisations, we enjoyed an excellent tour both Loyalist and Nationalist areas. I personally would highly recommend anyone visiting Belfast to take one of these tours.

The driver dropped us off at a pub called the Garrick (Ithink) were we retired for a dose of barstooling until our train home at 19:00. Numerous pints were enjoyed until shortly after 18:00 when a taxi ferried us to our hotel to collect out bags, then onto Tesco for choo choo scoops, before dropping us off at the train station.

Overall, barring the football, which by this stage (if still reading) was poor to say the least, a great time was had by all.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:19pm
Good Stuff Sham.........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:22pm
Good report Sham

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:40pm
Very thorough! Any idea where I got the pizza on saturday night. Don't remember fook all about it.
@AntrimMan85
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Very thorough! Any idea where I got the pizza on saturday night. Don't remember fook all about it.
noLOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 4:24pm
Everywan bring there tennis racket home?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 4:28pm
A full compliment returned alright BSM. A momentus occasion.
@AntrimMan85
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:05pm

Little Italy?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Little Italy?

Nah, wouldn't have been on my stumble home. Opera is the obvious one but have no recollection being there.
@AntrimMan85
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:11pm
You forget to mention a few swift halves in the UFF local - The Pony Club with Mo Courtney and co.

A special mention must go to the pulled port sandwich and the pulled pork buritto

Edited by horsebox - 12 Nov 2013 at 5:12pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:08pm
Great result today!Thumbs Up
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:08pm
score?!?!!?
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

score?!?!!?

With the amount of livescore websites, apps, twitter, facebook etc I find it hard to believe you cannot find out yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 66>
  Share Topic