You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What team to support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 1:01pm
There's going to be a few toerags supporting most clubs, but suggesting that all the fans of a club could be 'scum' is a very ridiculous statement.

Never heard of people attending games getting verbal abuse for being a barstooler, blow in, etc. We had a few hundred Germans over for the Ireland game last year that went to our game against Cork that weekend, no trouble whatsoever in fact a few of them have since come back to Tolka this year for games. I can safely say you'd be more than welcome to come to a game in Tolka.
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Id say you did alright, run along back to your section Clown

Quod Erat Demonstrandum LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 1:53pm
There is a German and a Dutch guy who go to all the Bohs games who sit in front of is. Week in week out and know Loads about the team. Asked them how they started going and they said its the highest standard of live football on their doorstep why wouldn't they go.

AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:14pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Keeling97 Keeling97 wrote:

Hi,
I'm located near Swords, Co. Dublin and I really want to get into LOI football.
The two teams nearest to me are Shelbourne and Bohemians but I was wondering what both the teams are like?
This might seem stupid but I don't just want to choose one of them and then learn that all the fans are scum (not being offence).
I am hoping that someone could enlighten me a bit about the two teams and even if you don't support either of the two teams could you tell me what their away supporters were like?
Thanks.

I wouldn't bother supporting a LOI team.

You'll go to a game and they will start calling you a barstooler and start shouting 'who are ya' in an English accent.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

I saw it with my own eyes a few times.

The big club?

You must support United or something.

I forgot this section if for begrudgery.

Just look at FreeWheelers post - he has seen this too.

@ 9 Fingers - Tallaght and Dalymount.

I will guarantee you now - if you go a LOI game you'll grown men shouting in English accents - 'Who are ya' and other wanna be Green Street chants.

Absolute cringefest.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:20pm

Hi,
The two teams nearest to me are Shelbourne and Bohemians but I was wondering what both the teams are like?
This might seem stupid but I don't just want to choose one of them and then learn that all the fans are scum (not being offence).
I am hoping that someone could enlighten me a bit about the two teams and even if you don't support either of the two teams could you tell me what their away supporters were like?
Thanks.

You'll go to a game and they will start calling you a barstooler and start shouting 'who are ya' in an English accent.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

The big club?

I will guarantee you now - if you go a LOI game you'll grown men shouting in English accents - 'Who are ya' and other wanna be Green Street chants.

Absolute cringefest.

why did you bother posting here?

Your guarantee is 100% false, you have pulled it from thin air...

we all know where the real cringefest was this week LOL
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:20pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

The big club?

Absolute cringefest.

Cringefest is the boats and planes heading over to the land of tans everyweekend. The "who are ya" in the English accents and the green street wannabes is annoying but it's a great night out watching live football not on front of a telly.
Chips don't bounce
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:25pm
Glad to see Freewheeler and DrogAddict agreeing with me here

Come on you know it's true,

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Snowie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:41pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

The big club?

Absolute cringefest.

Nothing more cringeworthy then a load of aul lads from Dublin sat in a pub calling each other a manc and scouse while they repeat the absolute drivel they hear from the sky sport analysts.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Snowie Snowie wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

The big club?

Absolute cringefest.

Nothing more cringeworthy then a load of aul lads from Dublin sat in a pub calling each other a manc and scouse while they repeat the absolute drivel they hear from the sky sport analysts.

I agree with you on that one.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:44pm

I have been going to ucd for 3 or 4 seasons, say what you want about the lack of atmosphere but there is no english wannabees (home or away fans) - it took me a few times listening before i understood some of the derry chants last week because of their accent.

fans that chant or sing improve the atmosphere of the league, how you have changed this into green street wannabees is your own imagination, there are of course scum elements at most clubs (as has been pointed out, not denied, same at most clubs in the world) is this what you mean? Still haven't a clue why you bothered coming into this thread, a new fan is looking for some help/advice, LOI fans have offered him some, your input is what?
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:44pm
Rovers are Dublin's club and are the default setting. Unless you have a family reason or psychiatric problem, then you would follow one of the smaller clubs. 
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:46pm

It's true!

Can we not have this clown banned from the LoI section? Bad enough having to deal with his Little Englander self loathing on the Ole Ole section, do we have to put up with it here?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

I have been going to ucd for 3 or 4 seasons, say what you want about the lack of atmosphere but there is no english wannabees (home or away fans) - it took me a few times listening before i understood some of the derry chants last week because of their accent.

fans that chant or sing improve the atmosphere of the league, how you have changed this into green street wannabees is your own imagination, there are of course scum elements at most clubs (as has been pointed out, not denied, same at most clubs in the world) is this what you mean? Still haven't a clue why you bothered coming into this thread, a new fan is looking for some help/advice, LOI fans have offered him some, your input is what?

My input is he shouldn't bother for the reasons I posted above.

My experience is at Tallaght and Dalymount so UCD may not have this issue.

The Green Street wannabes was on TV3 not so long ago and if you look on youtube you will also find these lads.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:49pm

You're from Darndale Horsey, why were ya over in tallaght, never mind cabra. Surely Shels would be your closest team or were ya just jumping on the shams bandwagon??
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:49pm
I've been to both the above, and their fans have brought big crowds to UCD...point still stands - you have something against the league for whatever reason and are wasting your time trying to turn people away from it?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

It's true!

Can we not have this clown banned from the LoI section? Bad enough having to deal with his Little Englander self loathing on the Ole Ole section, do we have to put up with it here?

Your the laughing stock on this section.

Every time you post on here - the rest of the lads are tearing you apart.

Where's your mate rocketfingers?
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:50pm

LOI football is the best standard of live football for the viewing public on this island.

It my not be of a standard acceptable to some particularly to the customers of the multi billion pound industry that is the EPL but it is nontheless the best league in Ireland.

Whether you opt to support a league played in your own country, generally played by Irish lads from your own area, supported by Irish people from your own locality or prefer to support a league in another country thats up to you.

As an Irish person who loves football its great to have the option to support a league in my own country instead of helping to finance Wayne Rooneys latest hair transplant.

And as a LOI i do feel more patriotic to Irish Football than those who dismiss the LOI and chose other vehicles to demonstate their lifelong support.

To answer the original question go to a few games, give it a bit of time and make a call then..........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

I've been to both the above, and their fans have brought big crowds to UCD...point still stands - you have something against the league for whatever reason and are wasting your time trying to turn people away from it?

I don't have an issue with the LOI. I have an issue with LOI fans.

@ 9 fingers - I'm not from Darndale

Why wouldn't I go to a LOI game? I follow football and enjoyed going to these games.

However some of the behaviour of these so called fans are just embarrassing.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic