You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What team to support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeling97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What team to support?
    Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:22am
Hi,
I'm located near Swords, Co. Dublin and I really want to get into LOI football.
The two teams nearest to me are Shelbourne and Bohemians but I was wondering what both the teams are like?
This might seem stupid but I don't just want to choose one of them and then learn that all the fans are scum (not being offence).
I am hoping that someone could enlighten me a bit about the two teams and even if you don't support either of the two teams could you tell me what their away supporters were like?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links

The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:15am
Probably best off going to one or two games each to see for yourself. You might find yourself enjoying it more at either ground
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Keeling97 Keeling97 wrote:

Hi,
The two teams nearest to me are Shelbourne and Bohemians but I was wondering what both the teams are like?
This might seem stupid but I don't just want to choose one of them and then learn that all the fans are scum (not being offence).
I am hoping that someone could enlighten me a bit about the two teams and even if you don't support either of the two teams could you tell me what their away supporters were like?
Thanks.

I wouldn't bother supporting a LOI team.

You'll go to a game and they will start calling you a barstooler and start shouting 'who are ya' in an English accent.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kieranmc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kieranmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:27am
Doesn't matter which you pick, they'll both be gone in a few years anyway.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:36am
Your comment that you don't wanna find out all their fans are scum is worrying for a start, that sorta silly tarring of fans with the one brush doesn't bode well for you.

Just pick your club, go, go again and be PATIENT. 

Less of the generalising will help.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

You'll go to a game and they will start calling you a barstooler and start shouting 'who are ya' in an English accent.

absolute rubbish IMO
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

I saw it with my own eyes a few times.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:00pm

To be fair to HB, there is an element who can't/won't welcome new fans.  When I was up in Sligo a couple of years ago, some Hoops fans were acting the maggot and a lad near me started shouting at them to give it over.

Just as close by was another buffoon, around my age (mid 40) who I've seen for donkeys years at Rovers games and he starts shouting at the lad to leave the maggots alone and he starts calling him a "blow-in" cos he didn't recognise him!!  Some spanners want it every way, I can see HB's point here.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:14pm

Hi,
Thanks.

keeling you are more than welcome along to Dalymount.  There is a decent group of us here that go.   Drop me a pm if you like. 

Every team in the world has a small collection of fans that are scum, Why, because its a relfection of society which has scum elements.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:15pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

when did we take the piss out of you.   When did we call you a barstooler.
AKA pedantic kunt
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:19pm
Just pick the most successful team, that's what most do when picking a foreign club team. Thumbs Up
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:22pm
both  Shels and Bohs are involved in a relegation battle. 

St Pats are going for the title and Shamrock are mid table.   Drogheda are not far from you either and they are probably going to finish mid table also. 

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Aug 2013 at 12:24pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:24pm
By the way Keeping, I forgot to add that a user on here called Trapped looks after new fans under the age of 21.   He is our New Youth Fan Co-Ordination Officer.   Drop him a pm and he will look after you and show you the ropes. 
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:25pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

Where?
Never seen it myself, not been loads of games mind but never had any problems in Tolka
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:34pm
your local team is sporting fingal , they have a great chance this year.

i am from 2008 by the way.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:36pm
Simple Dayler and Bohs sh*te football but three lovely bars to choose from
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

your local team is sporting fingal , they have a great chance this year.

i am from 2008 by the way.

FFS, get back to your other threads Rommel. LOL
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:48pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

Id say you did alright, run along back to your section Clown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic