FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What team to support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Keeling97 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeling97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What team to support?
    Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 1:54am
Thanks for the advice I'm going to go to a few Shels and Bohs games and see how it goes. I'm especially looking forward to the Bohs V Shels match!
Sponsored Links

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Keeling97 Keeling97 wrote:

Hi,
I'm located near Swords, Co. Dublin and I really want to get into LOI football.
The two teams nearest to me are Shelbourne and Bohemians but I was wondering what both the teams are like?
This might seem stupid but I don't just want to choose one of them and then learn that all the fans are scum (not being offence).
I am hoping that someone could enlighten me a bit about the two teams and even if you don't support either of the two teams could you tell me what their away supporters were like?
Thanks.

Dalymount last night would've been the perfect start. Cracking atmosphere.

Try a couple of games and see for yourself. There is a small minority of bad eggs anywhere you go in life but, like anything, keep yourself to yourself and you'll be fine - certainly wouldn't be enough reason to put anyone off.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Banter Bohs View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banter Bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 12:15pm
Didnt bother reading through the 6 pages of this as I already know it will be full of sh*t.

Pick whatever team you want. You'll be more than welcome at Bohs.
Not sure why posters have said  you'll be called a barstooler etc. How would they even know its your first game? and even if they did they couldnt give a sh*t.
When you go you'll either be hooked or you wont, so give it a try. Supporting your local club is more fullfilling and enjoyable than supporting a foreign club could ever be. Trust me on that one.

So come and enjoy (you dont have to give up enjoying foreign football as well)
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 4:28pm

Well - theres 6 pages of reasons not to support a Dublin team.

See ye at the Brandywell some time OP Big smile

@AntrimMan85
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I came in to this section out of boredom to provoke a reaction and I got one

Because I knew the LOI supporters would be out with their 'chip on shoulder' attitude.

anyone can say this once it is proved they are talking sh*te, yet this forum laps it up, enjoy your hobby though
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Get along to Dalymount tonight Opening Poster.  Massive gave against Shamrock Rovers.  Huge game for Bohs.  Struggling against relegation.   

It says a lot about our terrible season that the highlight so far has been the last minute goal out in Tallaght.  

Defeat tonight and I fear we are doomed, but if we win, who knows.   

Can't remember the last time we scored more than 1 at Dalymount in a match, so we're due a) more than one goal b) a win in Dalyer and c) a performance to be proud of.

Scoreless draw so. LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

I'm actually not sure whether to post this or not in case it's the best fishing rod thread on here in years...but here goes.....Horsey, we went to the Rovers game against Copenhagen, complete newcomers to Tallaght (home section for me) biggest game they had in years. None of us cheering Rovers as such although it was a European game and we wanted them to win.

Get you facts right, Horsey was up at the Belgrade game too.

I sit on the big white telephone corrected.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Yet you keep on giving it, again and again and again

Maybe you should take some time out and reflect on your own posts.
Every week somebody is pulling you up on something.

Your an absolute bluffer of the highest order.

They would get a warm welcome anywhere. The idea that a first timer got 'barstooler' chanted at them is so ludicrous it's untrue. The ***t needs banning off this section

Just to clarify nobody chanted this at me. See below. I'm not basing my opinions on one match either.

I'm actually not sure whether to post this or not in case it's the best fishing rod thread on here in years...but here goes.....Horsey, we went to the Rovers game against Copenhagen, complete newcomers to Tallaght (home section for me) biggest game they had in years. None of us cheering Rovers as such although it was a European game and we wanted them to win. Nobody said a word to us. ( cheers Gerk for the tickets). Fast forward a few years, I went with walls and trapped to Bohs v drogs a couple of weeks ago......not a word said to me although I haven't been in dalyer since mons did Bohs 2-1. I'm going to Bohs v rovers tomorrow night with trapped..and I guarantee nothing will be said to me.i really call bullsh*t or at least exaggeration

RTID I really hope your mates call you Krusty, because you really are a clown.

To the OP, pm me lad, wel do a neutral tour of grounds, have a scoop and then you can make your mind up

Let me clarify -
Some clown standing beside me spent about 5 minutes just shouting barstooler at the opposite stand . It was not directed at my but I was standing beside him going is he for real?

Because I knew the LOI supporters would be out with their 'chip on shoulder' attitude.

As I said, decent fishing rod
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 10:31am
Get along to Dalymount tonight Opening Poster.  Massive gave against Shamrock Rovers.  Huge game for Bohs.  Struggling against relegation.   

It says a lot about our terrible season that the highlight so far has been the last minute goal out in Tallaght.  

Defeat tonight and I fear we are doomed, but if we win, who knows.   
AKA pedantic kunt
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 10:26am

I'm actually not sure whether to post this or not in case it's the best fishing rod thread on here in years...but here goes.....Horsey, we went to the Rovers game against Copenhagen, complete newcomers to Tallaght (home section for me) biggest game they had in years. None of us cheering Rovers as such although it was a European game and we wanted them to win.

Get you facts right, Horsey was up at the Belgrade game too.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:12am
Knock it off you shower of oul wans.........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:05am

Originally posted by Peake Peake wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If you were to judge any fan group on its ignorant minority you would never support anybody.  

Ireland has muppets as fans so do Celtic, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Rovers, Pats, Bohs, Rangers, England the whole lot of them. 

Not supporting a team or going to games because you think some people there are muppets is Embarrassed especially when you also shout for Celtic and Liverpool.  

50+ thousand people go and watch Celtic v Liverpool in Lansdowne Road and they are called 'barstoolers' bizarre.

They are barstoolers.

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

2 seasons ago I brought my lil brother, he was 14 at the time, to each Dublin derby and after them all I told him to choose a side as it was important that he supported a LOI club. He chose Shels after seeing them being spanked 4-0 by Rovers in Tallaght. He now travels the length of the country with his mate supporting them

ClapClapClap

People who go to watch live football games are called barstoolers?

Makes a lot of sense.
so all the Irish fans who didn't go to cardiff are barstoolers
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:59am
ah who gives a f**k , at the end of the day i hope the opening poster enjoys whatever games he goes to , fellas measuring their dicks out again
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:57am
You do it on a regular basis so get off your high horse.

It's a public forum where people express their opinion, I expressed mine and I stand by my comments.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:55am
Fine line between coming on here and 'provoking a reaction' and plain old wumming
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:49am

Yet you keep on giving it, again and again and again

Maybe you should take some time out and reflect on your own posts.
Every week somebody is pulling you up on something.

Your an absolute bluffer of the highest order.

They would get a warm welcome anywhere. The idea that a first timer got 'barstooler' chanted at them is so ludicrous it's untrue. The ***t needs banning off this section

Just to clarify nobody chanted this at me. See below. I'm not basing my opinions on one match either.

I'm actually not sure whether to post this or not in case it's the best fishing rod thread on here in years...but here goes.....Horsey, we went to the Rovers game against Copenhagen, complete newcomers to Tallaght (home section for me) biggest game they had in years. None of us cheering Rovers as such although it was a European game and we wanted them to win. Nobody said a word to us. ( cheers Gerk for the tickets). Fast forward a few years, I went with walls and trapped to Bohs v drogs a couple of weeks ago......not a word said to me although I haven't been in dalyer since mons did Bohs 2-1. I'm going to Bohs v rovers tomorrow night with trapped..and I guarantee nothing will be said to me.i really call bullsh*t or at least exaggeration

To the OP, pm me lad, wel do a neutral tour of grounds, have a scoop and then you can make your mind up

Let me clarify -
Some clown standing beside me spent about 5 minutes just shouting barstooler at the opposite stand . It was not directed at my but I was standing beside him going is he for real?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 4:53am

Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 2:28am

Well said
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic