You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:35pm
I'd agree with Javier I don't like Walters on the wing, in the Austria game he got two goals but thought other than that he contributed f-all, good defensively and full of commitment of course.

Hoolahan, Long, Keane and Walters having these four mixing it up as the strikers is good enough for me. Long definitely to start though.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

I reckon under Martinez this season Gibson will be fantastic...he is improving all the time and he will be main man at Everton with new attacking system.
See you in winter friendlies Gibbo.

Every post you make is just laughable.

What was the last time you were at an Ireland game?

There is nothing to suggest that Gibson will return to the site, he's also been injured for most of the that Ireland has played.

Didn't take you long. Pm each otherThumbs Up

PM him about what?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:43pm

I reckon under Martinez this season Gibson will be fantastic...he is improving all the time and he will be main man at Everton with new attacking system.
See you in winter friendlies Gibbo.

Every post you make is just laughable.

What was the last time you were at an Ireland game?

There is nothing to suggest that Gibson will return to the site, he's also been injured for most of the that Ireland has played.

Didn't take you long. Pm each otherThumbs Up

PM him about what?

about getting a room
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:47pm
Hilton half price deal get on it
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
JamesyIrishGuy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesyIrishGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:54pm
I'm Mick McCarthy's baby!
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:57pm

LOL.

Garak, sorry man, Madden and Long would work after Madden's 20 minute debut?

Next.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

LOL.

Garak, sorry man, Madden and Long would work after Madden's 20 minute debut?

Next.
the chance he did have, his technique was shocking.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 2:22pm
Madden has a long long way to go before he can be classed as an International footballer, he has to prove himself in the Championship first ffs.
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Garak View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 2:23pm
In theory they could be a match not saying they are, and possibly a better match than with Cox, someone has to replace Keane in the long term, unless we play with a lone striker.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 2:50pm
Amazing how Kevin Doyle has fallen down the pecking order.

'As they took his soul they stole his pride....."

Walk to Celtic Park Kevin!!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 4:35pm

I'd agree with Javier I don't like Walters on the wing, in the Austria game he got two goals but thought other than that he contributed f-all, good defensively and full of commitment of course.

Hoolahan, Long, Keane and Walters having these four mixing it up as the strikers is good enough for me. Long definitely to start though.

So apart from scoring twice, covering the defence well and giving 100% commitment, he did f**k all? 11 players contributing that much and we'd be unbeatable!

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 15 Aug 2013 at 4:36pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 4:39pm
Did Maddens shot clear stadium roof??
Heading towards Isle of Man last I saw it
Put that down to adrenalin TBF to him
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by JamesyIrishGuy JamesyIrishGuy wrote:

Bring a tear to your eye.  The atmosphere there looks amazing and what a rendition.  

I love Nvidic's Kylie Minogue Hand on your heart passion.   Clap
AKA pedantic kunt
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

So apart from scoring twice, covering the defence well and giving 100% commitment, he did f**k all? 11 players contributing that much and we'd be unbeatable!

I know - I know, but did nothing a good winger would do. I'd rather see McLean, Brady, Mcgeady in his position and Walters used as a striker, if that's an impact sub with 20 minutes to go when were playing a more direct style
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:51pm
here is a bit of a leftfield one. 

play long right wing and walters up front. long has a serious cross on him and has pace to trouble fullbacks. 

actually scrap that. we will cause the swedes more problems if we try and keep the ball. they are massive lumps at the back. hoofball will not work
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

here is a bit of a leftfield one. 

play long right wing and walters up front. long has a serious cross on him and has pace to trouble fullbacks. 

actually scrap that. we will cause the swedes more problems if we try and keep the ball. they are massive lumps at the back. hoofball will not work

Long's passing and crossing is diabolical.

Have a look at the recent Sweden and Austria games.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

I think Walters should get a run up front. He's decent in front of goal but he's not gettin many oppurtunities out on the wing. Himself and long would run defenses ragged, then bring on keane as it'll be easier for him to find space when the defenders are tired.

Yes! he only played 5 minutes yesterday in his number 9 position and created a solo run for  a golden chance among 3 welsh around him, that was that double saved by keeper and the welsh number 6 very near the goal-line, when McClean's shot was ready to get in the net
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 6:35pm

What Trap should do is get on the phone to Gibson and say Sorry..then we will have our goal threat from midfield..problem solved.

Even for you that's an unbelievably daft post and a further indictment that you haven't a clue.

@Milla

You probably haven't seen much of Wigan when you re calling Martinez a bluffer.Wigan might've been relegated but they played some excellent stuff under him.If the resources aren't there,there's not much you can do
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic