You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Crypto and Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:54am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

11.5% up in the pre market. Whatever that means LOL

Won't be listening to Zinedine again after the GME advice Big smile

Clap

There is no reason for it to up other than Facebook / Twitter / Reddit etc all pumping it. 
They believe it’s going to $100k Confused

If you were to believe what you read on twitter, i'll be handing in my notice from my couple of shares in a few weeks LOL

100k me arse but i'll make a few bob? in your opinion (without prejudice)

Its been flying all week, it has some momentum behind it so who knows how high it could go. 
The IV on the options are over 450% which is saying massive volatility expected. 

Edit: up 20% pre market! 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 28 May 2021 at 11:57am

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:57am

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

17% and rising LOLConfused

I'm now the proud owner of 1 share

We can park our yachts beside each other in the Caymans. 

yacht club Cayman Christmas party - 8 til late.  
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:26pm

17% and rising LOLConfused

I'm now the proud owner of 1 share

We can park our yachts beside each other in the Caymans. 

yacht club Cayman Christmas party - 8 til late.  

Would that be Northside or Southside of the Caymans ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:41pm
Cardano ADA on sale today :) Bought a few more.

Minted my first nft the other day just to see how it works.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

On Kracken you can stalk ADA and earn 6% interest which is good if you are holding for the long term. 

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:54pm

On Kracken you can stalk ADA and earn 6% interest which is good if you are holding for the long term. 

Yeah I've been doing that, It's cool you see it go up every 5 days. Although I took some out and put it in my Yoroi wallet so I could stake to a smaller pool to help with decentralisation.
IG @flanno_7hi
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:58pm
Is market orders crazy? Im thinking of placing one on cardano at $1.05/1.10, if the yanks wake up and sell.. Presume theres risk if it doesnt go that low i miss, and if it goes lower ive over bought.. Just trying to learn from last time it hit a dollar, i couldnt get  till it was 1.20

Any one try this before?? 

Edited by cardwizzard - 28 May 2021 at 12:59pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Is market orders crazy? Im thinking of placing one on cardano at $1.05/1.10, if the yanks wake up and sell.. Presume theres risk if it doesnt go that low i miss, and if it goes lower ive over bought.. Just trying to learn from last time it hit a dollar, i couldnt get  till it was 1.20

Any one try this before?? 

It’s a good idea if you have a price in mind you are comfortable buying at.
As you say it may not reach or go lower but saves you having to keeping checking the price. 

If you are worried it may go lower today just buy 25-50% of what you intend to purchase and if it goes even lower average down.
If it goes up just wait for another dip. 

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:25pm
that makes sense alright 
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 3:35pm

wow this is good, my cardano and polkadot are in kraken, 12% for polkadot lol

any downside/risk to staking other than kraken going bust and taking all funds with them LOL
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 3:54pm
You can stake outside of the exchange for more security. Just download yoroi on your phone and stake it to a pool that you like. The good thing about staking is the ada never actually leave your wallet and can move them anytime you want. 

Edited by Flanno7hi - 28 May 2021 at 3:55pm
IG @flanno_7hi
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 2:30am
this thread should be kept for posterity. it'll be a goldmine for any student doing a thesis on crypto.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 8:02am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

this thread should be kept for posterity. it'll be a goldmine for any student doing a thesis on crypto.

I used to be very sceptical but then I started scalping some of the meme currencies to make some money but the more you read up on it the more you understand why it has such a huge backing. 
The younger generation are very pro crypto. 

The larger currencies Bitcoin and Ether are here to stay. You dont have to like it but just accept it.
 The gains in the last 10 years won’t be replicated but they are an investment option. Yes it’s high risk but if you are looking for an alternative to stocks / bonds / real estate etc then crypto should be looked at.

If you want a safe investment, then investing in the SPY 500 will give you 11% return pa over the long term (has over a 100 year history of returns). There is no better investment than this. 

As crypto is high risk, only invest what you can afford to lose. 
If you put 100 into crypto each month (split it 50/50 with Bitcoin and Ether) and do it for 5 years I think you will have a good investment. 
Small amounts each month is better than lump sums so that way you are not trying to time the market and 50% drops like last week don’t give you a heart attack. 
When friends ask my about crypto I tell them to do this. 

There are loads of others available but I would say they are all just speculative investments.
For every dogecoin that went 100X  there is a 100 that have disappeared. I have some money in these but it’s all house money that I made from dogecoin so I don’t care if they go to zero. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 8:38am
Yeah I've only come around to Crypto in the past year, and would never encourage anyone to have more than 5% of their savings in it, but it is here to stay. Some of the use cases for Blockchain will be here for a long long time. The problem at the moment is that the use cases hasvn't really been used yet. It's like the geeks have created something brilliant, but the business heads and entrpreneurs haven't really figured out how to use it yet
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 10:34am

Clap

There is no reason for it to up other than Facebook / Twitter / Reddit etc all pumping it. 

If you were to believe what you read on twitter, i'll be handing in my notice from my couple of shares in a few weeks LOL

Its been flying all week, it has some momentum behind it so who knows how high it could go. 
The IV on the options are over 450% which is saying massive volatility expected. 

a good last 24hrs after an initial dip following McG's recommendation.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 11:10am

Clap

a good last 24hrs after an initial dip following McG's recommendation.

That was the hedgies trying to trick us into selling our stocks. Watch the squeeze happen Sausage Roll and watch us sleep on a bed of money. LOLConfused
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 11:20am

That was the hedgies trying to trick us into selling our stocks. Watch the squeeze happen Sausage Roll and watch us sleep on a bed of money. LOLConfused

Those pesky hedges, trying to come between me and a $10 profit so far.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:08pm

Those pesky hedges, trying to come between me and a $10 profit so far.

AMC gonna hit 50 soon .... just up the casual 200% this week and over 50% for the day on no news whatsoever 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
  Share Topic