You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Crypto and Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bitcoin, Crypto and Stocks
    Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 9:51am
A cyber currency with no banks at the helm that is being worked on by some of the worlds 
most ethical economists who are not bank/stock market affiliated.Eircoin is the Irish broker.Thumbs Up
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 11:39am
Interesting. The mining is intriguing. Could you get a heap of people to use their computers unused memory to mine into the one account? Do people make money out of this?
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 12:35pm
I've looked at a few things about this, still don't get it like most financial workings. It has it supporters and some detractors. Hope it works out though as the idea is great. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 12:40pm
Check out Darkmarket by Mischa Glenny (McMafia), interesting incite on cyber finance...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 1:27pm
it extemely volatile and its main purpose until very recently was to buy drugs online
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

it extemely volatile and its main purpose until very recently was to buy drugs online

True.Although the same can be said for the transactions of any illegal trade,If the Demand is there, 
the supply will follow regardless of the currency.
As for the volatility,It should settle as time passes imo.
Tis a 'we will see' scenario worth keeping an eye on.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Interesting. The mining is intriguing. Could you get a heap of people to use their computers unused memory to mine into the one account? Do people make money out of this?

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I've looked at a few things about this, still don't get it like most financial workings. It has it supporters and some detractors. Hope it works out though as the idea is great. 
To be honest Bob Im no guru on it myself,Keiser has been brought in to give ideas 
on stabilising it. Hes a big fan of it.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 10:17pm
Aye Foochie Max Kesiler has a about a million quid in Bitcoins. The big financial companies hate the idea, so as the article mentions at the end we'll hear stories that using bitcoin will fund Al Qaeda, and drugs and blah blah blah.

Interesting article here.

More Irish firms to accept virtual currency Bitcoin instead of euro

bitcoin />
bitcoin

Sarah McCabe and Natasha Doff – 02 January 2014

WHAT do Offaly B&B The Ring, Dublin phone shop GSM Mobile and Wexford CCTV company Visiconnect have in commonn?

They are all on a growing list of Irish businesses who will accept virtual currency Bitcoin from customers instead of euro.

From Berlin record store Long Player to the Flower Lab, a florist in Santa Monica, California, more and more retailers are accepting Bitcoin as consumers increasingly buy into the currency, pushing up its value.

There are about 12.2million Bitcoins in circulation, bought and sold online and not controlled by any government or central bank. The cryptocurrency emerged in 2008, founded by an unknown programmer. As of Tuesday, one Bitcoin fetched about $757 (€550).

While online payments for everything from university tuition fees to gummy bears aren't unusual, over-the-counter transactions are just beginning to become popular.

Now the virtual currency can buy olive oil in Spain or vodka shots in Moscow as consumers seek ways to spend the digital money. In the past month, the number of businesses on CoinMap, a website showing physical companies and vendors accepting Bitcoin, has tripled to more than 2,100.

The Bitcoin Association of Ireland, which was set up in 2013 to promote awareness of the currency and the companies who accept it as a form of payment, currently lists nine businesses where Irish consumers can spend their Bitcoin. These include an electronic cigarette supplier and bedding company as well as the previously mentioned B&B, phone shop and CCTV centre.

While the non-profit organisation has no official regulatory role, it offers help and advice to Irish businesses interested in accepting Bitcoin and encourages the use of consumer-friendly codes of practice. In the UK, there are about 160 physical retailers who accept Bitcoins. Late last month, Reaney's Burger Bear became London's first street food vendor to accept the virtual currency. Within three weeks about 50 customers had used the facility, paying him by making a transfer with their smartphones.

RETAILERS

"I wasn't expecting all the fuss when I said I would accept Bitcoins, but a lot of people have jumped on it," Reaney said.

But government restrictions prevent UK retailers from adopting Bitcoins on a larger scale, according to Chris Skinner, director of the Financial Services Club and head of Balatro, a research firm in London. "Banks are running scared of money-laundering regulations and Bitcoin is primarily associated in the government's mind with avoidance of tax and potentially fuelling and funding terrorism and drug running," said Mr Skinner.

The European Banking Authority is now weighing whether to regulate virtual currencies, a decision that could make or break wider-scale use by retailers. The banking regulator warned on December 13 that users risk theft and lack protection from losses if their virtual exchange collapses.

Bitcoins have been known to lose or gain more than a quarter of their value in a single day.

Irish Independent

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 2:49pm
I can see more and more companies jumping on it,Maybe an Idea to invest in a few if you have the spare dosh "resting in your A/C".
Thumbs Up
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 3:07pm
sounds like cross between a south sea bubble and magic beans
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:38pm
We'd all be rich if only...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:00pm
Sounds like a total scam. Cash is king.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:10pm
This threads is from a good few years ago, I wonder what bitcoin was worth back then Cry
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:24pm
I think I will try going into Curry's tomorrow and buy a top of the range 52 inch telly and then buy a new BMW.  I presume they will accept Bitcoin?  No?  That's ok I prefer to deal in my own make believe money called TJ's.  I started selling them online and so far you can get 2 TJ's to the British Pound.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/what-is-bitcoin-and-how-does-it-work-1.3322973
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:46pm
I invested in some Iota coins last week. The next big thing so I'm told.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

This threads is from a good few years ago, I wonder what bitcoin was worth back then Cry

€550
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Sounds like a total scam. Cash is king.

The only people who use cash are money launderers and drug dealers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
  Share Topic