You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Crypto and Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 4:32pm
Does his Mrs know about this? Sounds like an outrageous risk to take with his life savings.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I think I will try going into Curry's tomorrow and buy a top of the range 52 inch telly and then buy a new BMW.  I presume they will accept Bitcoin?  No?  That's ok I prefer to deal in my own make believe money called TJ's.  I started selling them online and so far you can get 2 TJ's to the British Pound.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/what-is-bitcoin-and-how-does-it-work-1.3322973

the only thing that your posts shows is your own ignorance Embarrassed

So I am putting you down for 2,000 TJ's via Revolut?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:09pm
Throw in 1 x Mouth Wank and the deal is sealed
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:11pm
http://uk.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-pizza-10000-100-million-2017-11

Someone in 2010 bought 2 pizzas with 10,000 bitcoins — which today would be worth $100 million

Crazy stuff
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Throw in 1 x Mouth Wank and the deal is sealed

I'm a busy man.  You wan't these TJ coins or what?  2000 coins is going to cost you 4,000 euro now because in the time you were arsing about they grew in value 5000%  

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Brother in law invested €50k in it at the start of the year (his life savings). Worth over €425k at the moment

Surely the shot here is to cash out half the bitcoin now and let the rest mature. 

That way you have your initial outlay of €50k recouped plus €162,500 in profit and you still have €215k worth of bitcoin

Exactly. He can bank an absolutely tidy sum now on what is looking like a classic bubble: an asset of dubious intrinsic value being traded solely on the basis of its potential appreciation in value.

It's f**king Wolf of Wall Street stuff at the minute: he's definitely best advised to take some of that cash out. Were it me having held off this long, I'd definitely take €200k of it out now and, if it keeps going up, another €20k per month for the next few months.

I know the general advice has been that sticking is bad but the longer he sticks, the more he stands to lose rather than gain. This isn't a cash out from Paddypower for €60 on a €10 acca, it's genuine, life changing, mortgage clearing cash.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Brother in law invested €50k in it at the start of the year (his life savings). Worth over €425k at the moment

Surely the shot here is to cash out half the bitcoin now and let the rest mature. 

That way you have your initial outlay of €50k recouped plus €162,500 in profit and you still have €215k worth of bitcoin

Exactly. He can bank an absolutely tidy sum now on what is looking like a classic bubble: an asset of dubious intrinsic value being traded solely on the basis of its potential appreciation in value.

It's f**king Wolf of Wall Street stuff at the minute: he's definitely best advised to take some of that cash out. Were it me having held off this long, I'd definitely take €200k of it out now and, if it keeps going up, another €20k per month for the next few months.

I know the general advice has been that sticking is bad but the longer he sticks, the more he stands to lose rather than gain. This isn't a cash out from Paddypower for €60 on a €10 acca, it's genuine, life changing, mortgage clearing cash.

As a gambler I’d be getting out now. You have to have to know when to take a win. And as someone who’s watched bitcoin with interest I’d be getting out now too.
Fair play to your man tho, life changing decision & massive bollox to go n do it
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

As a gambler I’d be getting out now. You have to have to know when to take a win. And as someone who’s watched bitcoin with interest I’d be getting out now too.
Fair play to your man tho, life changing decision & massive bollox to go n do it

A gambler would be holding on to bigger gains!!
It all depends on your attitude to risk.
If it was me I would be selling out 50% of it but I wouldn't have put my live savings on it in the first place.

How do you know it wont go to $25K in the next month, or $50K next year.
What you dont want to be is the last person to buy it!!!

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 6:29pm
As the songs goes 

"You've got to know when to hold 'em 
Know when to fold 'em."

The smart move is to take some cash now,gambler or not.

Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:50pm
It's a 15 or 25 year investment imo, by that stage we will all be using it Wink

the facebook of currency will devour every threat it sees LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:53pm
How is it a currency. There is nothing to back it up.  Real currencies have gold etc to back it up.  Sounds like a total make believe story unlike my currency which has gone up in value again.

Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:56pm
If he invested €50k in January I'd guess he's worth closer to the €1m already. The price in Jan was between $750 and $1000 depending on when he bought. It's at $17k as of today. €50k might have bought around 60 bitcoin. Total now of $1,020,000.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:39am
El Puto Amo
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:03am
Who regulates it?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:08am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Who regulates it?

It's an unregulated market at the moment afaik
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:10am
I read up a little on it over the last day or so.  The founder(s) of it are anonymous. Just a tad shady.  Why is that I wonder? 

How does one cash in their bitcoin for proper money like Euro?  From what Iread you have to find some other lad online to buy them off you.

Is it just me or is it like buying thin air that someone says has a value and that value is going up?

Also what the f**k is ''mining bitcoin''?Wacko

There are other cryptocurrencies like TJ Coins to invest in now too.

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:30am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Does his Mrs know about this? Sounds like an outrageous risk to take with his life savings.

A single fella I'd imagine, what attached man has 50k in life savings LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I read up a little on it over the last day or so.  The founder(s) of it are anonymous. Just a tad shady.  Why is that I wonder? 

How does one cash in their bitcoin for proper money like Euro?  From what Iread you have to find some other lad online to buy them off you.

Is it just me or is it like buying thin air that someone says has a value and that value is going up?

Also what the f**k is ''mining bitcoin''?Wacko

There are other cryptocurrencies like TJ Coins to invest in now too.

Bitcoin found a niche for allowing people to make transactions online which were difficult to trace. So if you wanted to buy/sell drugs, guns, whatever on the internet then you could do so relatively anonymously. There are ethical issues at play and I'd imagine that's why the founders are happy enough to fly under the radar. 

The thing that would concern me is that they are purposely not producing more Bitcoin. So you have a increasingly massive global interest in it (demand) set against a small and not growing supply. Obviously prices skyrocket under those conditions. And that leads to further demand but still no more supply. 

That's a bubble. 

El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
  Share Topic