You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The ashes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 9:50pm
Actually easy enough to go to are ashes games....
2/3td days are easy to get
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I kind of agree with you on the point that it is more exiting - but the test is the complete measure of a team and of a cricketer. Five days coming down to that.... it's a total battle and when the margins are so fine, it's remarkable and compelling.

T20 and ODIs are much more of a crap shoot, imo, whereas test cricket is a much better test of a team, for want of a better word.

They both have their places, all the same.
Ya it is but its not spectator friendly, hence I never watch tests. Its really a game for the purists. Though watched this throughout the week and was a real good advertisement for test cricket

Confused 

you get to the ground at 11.00 on a sunday , the sun was shining, you start drinking your own beer at 11.05 with all your mates  and probably the best australian team ever Warne, Waugh etc proceed to thrash it about for a few hours about putting quick runs on the board with the intention of putting England in with a day and a half to go with an impossible score. and you don't remember from about 18.00 hrs onwards as you are thatblocked  whats not to like ?

Clap 

Going to an Ashes Test Match is on my sporting bucket list. (Preferably one in Oz but if I got a chance to go to one in England I wouldn't say no
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 9:41pm

I kind of agree with you on the point that it is more exiting - but the test is the complete measure of a team and of a cricketer. Five days coming down to that.... it's a total battle and when the margins are so fine, it's remarkable and compelling.

T20 and ODIs are much more of a crap shoot, imo, whereas test cricket is a much better test of a team, for want of a better word.

Ya it is but its not spectator friendly, hence I never watch tests. Its really a game for the purists. Though watched this throughout the week and was a real good advertisement for test cricket

Confused 

you get to the ground at 11.00 on a sunday , the sun was shining, you start drinking your own beer at 11.05 with all your mates  and probably the best australian team ever Warne, Waugh etc proceed to thrash it about for a few hours about putting quick runs on the board with the intention of putting England in with a day and a half to go with an impossible score. and you don't remember from about 18.00 hrs onwards as you are thatblocked  whats not to like ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 9:32pm
I have been following cricket for good few years .. 18+.....and this has been best test i have seen...now its not as good as Red Kevins innings in world cup...but in test cricket.....it had everything...remaining 4 tests will struggle to match it....
I suspect Agar was flash in pan...mediocre player at best...but if he continues to play Eng will win as his bowling is average....

HOWZAT!!!!!

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 4:21pm

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 3:45pm

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 3:34pm

Ah, and snickometer confirmed the edge.

Anyway, test cricket ClapClapClap

There's no ODI or T20 that comes close to that sort of drama.

Completely disagree.When a team needs 10 off the last over/4 off the last ball/a dot on the last ball in a 20 over game is much more dramatic and enjoyable to watch. IPL is great. Test cricket doesnt come near to it
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 2:37pm
Great days cricket....very enjoyable
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 2:37pm
Ah, and snickometer confirmed the edge.

Anyway, test cricket ClapClapClap

There's no ODI or T20 that comes close to that sort of drama.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 2:29pm
There was a noise there, in fairness. I thought it was out on first watch. The hotspot wasn't exactly conclusive but it looked like the tiniest of white spots.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 2:28pm
Focking hell, it had to end like that. It sounded like an edge. Hotspot was a tad bit uncertain.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 2:28pm
Not one decent sportsman among the english there, where is freddie when you need him?
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

any streams?

Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 1:37pm
any streams?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 1:34pm
what a test so far, tis incredible, really hope aussies do it after all the sh*te that was talked about them beforehand
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 1:28pm
Cynical this by the English...... I think everyone else wants it to be over.
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 1:26pm

2nd last over before lunch definitely SG

Suits the English to get in the dressing room and regroup. They are all at sea out there at the minute.

Aussies on the other hand probably want to see it out at this stage.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 1:25pm
2nd last over before lunch definitely SG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
  Share Topic