You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

What time of the year would ya be heading? The ferry would get cancelled quite a bit in the winter. There is f**k all there too. I think they only have the 1 pub now.

Even getting there, there is no ferry from Westport, it goes from Roonagh which itself is in the middle of nowhere with no public transport. 
be in July. Would have our own transport so wouldn’t be an issue. 1 pub though? Thought there would be a fewLOL
Anyone got any other suggestions of anywhere similar fire away men👍🏻

Had mine in Doolin. Two pubs plus hotel there and plenty of holiday homes or camping. Lahinch ain't far away for niteclubs, surfing or golf. 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:26pm

What time of the year would ya be heading? The ferry would get cancelled quite a bit in the winter. There is f**k all there too. I think they only have the 1 pub now.

Even getting there, there is no ferry from Westport, it goes from Roonagh which itself is in the middle of nowhere with no public transport. 
be in July. Would have our own transport so wouldn’t be an issue. 1 pub though? Thought there would be a fewLOL

It mightn'd be your thing but you could base yourself in Westport. There is loads of fishing boats in July that you can charter to bring you out for a day's fishing. Drink away on the boat while fishing. Stop on Clare Island for a few hours, more pints, then back to Westport, more cans and cook some of the fish you caught on the way back. 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:31pm

Ardboe?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:39pm
I was on a stag in Westport last year - great spot. Would definitely recommend it.
Stayed in some bar/hostel type place with a grumpy owner who was also quite the character.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I was on a stag in Westport last year - great spot. Would definitely recommend it.
Stayed in some bar/hostel type place with a grumpy owner who was also quite the character.

Dunnings I'd say. An absolute headcase that fella!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:28pm
Was also in Westport about three months ago for a stag. It was a great weekend.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:35pm
Westport Clap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:41pm

That was the one! Yeah he's some man. Ideal set up there for a stag really.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:55pm

It mightn'd be your thing but you could base yourself in Westport. There is loads of fishing boats in July that you can charter to bring you out for a day's fishing. Drink away on the boat while fishing. Stop on Clare Island for a few hours, more pints, then back to Westport, more cans and cook some of the fish you caught on the way back. 
Sounds like a great weekend! The Walls Tours Clap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:03pm

It was a perfect set up for a stag but he was known to run lads out of it for no particular other than he just didn't like the look of them LOL. It was on the go for years, was Mayo's first internet cafe too! Sold up now though. It's still a pub but I'm not sure if they still do the B&B. 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Sounds like a great weekend! The Walls Tours Clap

LOLThumbs Up
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Anyone ever been on a stag to Ghent in Belgium? 

Go to Leuven instead.    College town.    Plenty of deadly little bars too.    Watch out for the beer though, very strong and will catch you out!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Did you know you can rent a bent gent in Ghent
Any chance of you rectifying the balls up you’ve made of the forum the last couple of days instead of posting sh*te jokes?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Did you know you can rent a bent gent in Ghent
Any chance of you rectifying the balls up you’ve made of the forum the last couple of days instead of posting sh*te jokes?

That's a bit harsh - I really enjoyed one of those new ads asking me if I supported a No-Deal Brexit !
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Heading there for one in a few weeks. Me sister's fella wanted his there ,says it's a good spot. Dunno much about it myself. Just intend boozing for the weekend. 

Lettuce know how you get on over there.

I'm a bit unsure about the place myself but the other suggestions are the likes of Benidorm (I've been before and to call it a kip is an insult to kips), so I'm interested to know if it's a decent spot.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:25pm

It was a perfect set up for a stag but he was known to run lads out of it for no particular other than he just didn't like the look of them LOL. It was on the go for years, was Mayo's first internet cafe too! Sold up now though. It's still a pub but I'm not sure if they still do the B&B. 

Dunnings was a grand spot especially if you weren't too fussy about the standard of accommodation.
Stayed in it a few times,owner was alright but could see it wouldnt take much for him to freak outLOL
Early house as well so that always helps 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:48pm
Westport ............ Just a super spot Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:09pm
Lads, heading to Carlingford this weekend for a stag do, 40 odd of us. What is the set up in the town for drinking, is it just a few large pubs or what? Is there a night club in it? Any early houses?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic