You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football games on TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 283>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 8:41pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 7:44am

Matches from today till Monday.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 7:02am

Live games on tv this week.

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 10:38am
Thanks
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 7:32pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:18pm
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 8:51pm
Thanks for the links!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 6:16am

This week's live games.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:15am
Are the new EPL fixtures a preview into the not so distant future:

Every game on TV
2 Friday games at 6 and 8pm
4 games on a sat 12 / 3 / 5 and 8
3 Sun at 2 / 4 and 7
1 Monday 

I know for local fans/season ticket holders it’s crap but in reality the clubs want more TV money and more corporate/tourist fans who spend a lot more. They don’t want local Johnny going to 25 games a season only buying one shirt.
It would mean lower attendance but much more cash. 

I don’t follow the NFL but I assume they do this.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:23am
It is unlikely because people have changed how they watch football. Only fans of the two teams involved are likely to watch a full 90 minutes now. Many just follow on social media and that is only likely to increase. I would imagine those in charge of the EPL and the main franchises are already looking into the best ways to make more profit from that. We are coming very close to the end of television, as we knew it, anyway. It is logical that those football, that generates so much money from it, is going to be finding other ways to keep them in 'loadsamoney'.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It is unlikely because people have changed how they watch football. Only fans of the two teams involved are likely to watch a full 90 minutes now. Many just follow on social media and that is only likely to increase. I would imagine those in charge of the EPL and the main franchises are already looking into the best ways to make more profit from that. We are coming very close to the end of television, as we knew it, anyway. It is logical that those football, that generates so much money from it, is going to be finding other ways to keep them in 'loadsamoney'.

True, people are getting more and more interested in stats and transfers etc but you still need access to watch the games you want. That means paying for SKY/ BT etc 
Pubs and hotels still need to have these. The EPL has a global audience now so having more matches on at different times helps attracts a bigger audience.
Take Man U, less than 20% of revenues come from match day.
About 40% comes from TV and the same from selling MU clothes and other crap with the Man U logo on it.

Television is definitely changing. People will now pay a premium not to have adds. It won’t be long before you can pay for a premium gold pass to watch the latest movie at home the same time as it’s on in the cinema.... or the super gold pass to watch it one day before it comes out in the cinema.

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 5:30pm
DM

Any idea if this is only available on non German YouTube ?
Doesn't show up for me

Tuesday 9th June 2020
Uerdingen v 1860 Munich
3. Liga
18:00
German Football YouTube

Edited by BohsinMunich - 09 Jun 2020 at 5:31pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 5:37pm
Pubs account for a fraction of it over here. There's only a handful of pubs I can think of that show football in a 25 mile radius.  Predominantly, the people who want to watch the EPL do so at home. And I remember seeing a stat that EPL season ticket holders were less likely to have Sky/BT, presumably going to the pub for away games they don't travel to, that are televised. Remember,  many pubs still have dodgy boxes, particularly near big grounds. 
When I talk to people who do have a Sky/BT or combined package, which is hardly a grand survey, granted, they rarely watch a full match of a team they don't support.

I think the logical step is to have season passes to watch your club online. The logistics and finances of this are the problem, but I'm sure they pay people enough money to figure it out.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

DM

Doesn't show up for me

Tuesday 9th June 2020
Uerdingen v 1860 Munich
3. Liga
German Football YouTube

Have you tried Bet365?
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

DM

Doesn't show up for me

Tuesday 9th June 2020
Uerdingen v 1860 Munich
3. Liga
German Football YouTube

Watching it here on YouTube with English commentary
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 6:22pm
Thanks I have it on TV here as part of our package.
I wanted to pass the you tube link to other local fans
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 11:15am
There's a load of live games on TV today and tomorrow.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

There's a load of live games on TV today and tomorrow.

Best game IMO today 

Napoli v Inter Milan 
Coppa Italia Semi-Final 2nd Leg
20:00
BT Sport 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 283>
  Share Topic