You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 238>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:41pm
Do you put into everything you type ... Do you laugh at all of your own jokes ? Figures . Don't think I'm going to take flak off a lowbrow and not react .
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:41pm
In fairness to Chadli, he is easily one of the best wingers in the Dutch league and is a regular in a very good Belgian side. At 23, he is a very good signing for the money Spurs paid for him! Whether or not he will set the EPL alight, who knows? We'll have too wait and see.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Do you put into everything you type ... Do you laugh at all of your own jokes ? Figures . Don't think I'm going to take flak off a lowbrow and not react .

No i LOL at everything you post because you act so high and mighty when you get called up on something and then overreact with your responses. Also i get enjoyment from the assumptions you make about me and the fact you can't read my name which is four letters 
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:49pm
And made no assumptions about me ? I didn't say anything definitive about this player... I surmised and u are putting words on my mouth and accusing me of stuff that is not true ... How annoying is that? Of course I will be p1ssed off about it ... I never said I knew the player and I never said he was going to set the world alight ... I said he might and I said he looks like he has what it takes but so did Adebayor !!!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:52pm

And made no assumptions about me ? I didn't say anything definitive about this player... I surmised and u are putting words on my mouth and accusing me of stuff that is not true ... How annoying is that? Of course I will be p1ssed off about it ... I never said I knew the player and I never said he was going to set the world alight ... I said he might and I said he looks like he has what it takes but so did Adebayor !!!

You clearly don't get it lad so i'll leave you to it. Enjoy the rest of your sunday, i'm off down the beach
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:36am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Signed Nacer Chadli today from Twente for 7 million , winger who has come in under the radar , looks quick and can play on both wings so an alternative/ competition for Lennon... Might just be the one to shine this season !

What a stupid thing to say. As if you knew a single thing about him before he signed LOL now you're tipping him to "shine" next season Clown

Chadli has played for one of the top Dutch sides of recent years & is a regular on an the extremely talented Belgian national side & I'm quite sure that Vertonghen & Dembele have been consulted by AVB on the players talent - so is Barna Bee's assertion that Chadli " might " ( note the word - might ) shine this season be a reasonable assertion - I think the answer must be Yes.

I think your " stupid " response was rather provocative & badly thought through given the above facts.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:51am
Chadli expected to land in Hong Kong with the rest of the Spurs squad today and join training tomorrow
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

You clearly don't get it lad so i'll leave you to it. Enjoy the rest of your sunday, i'm off down the beach

Barna I would not take that from  Bhob coming across as if he is relaxed and chilled and about to sun himself while you are clearly pissed off.  Sounds patronising to me.  I would not let him away with that if I were you.  Especially from a Celtic fan Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Chadli expected to land in Hong Kong with the rest of the Spurs squad today and join training tomorrow

Only a matter of time before he is nominated for world player of the year.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:54am
Point taken along with chill pillEmbarrassed
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 1:54pm
Roberto Soldado ...like him but i don't think we are going to get him .....at 28 Levy is not going to spend the reported 25 million they are looking for so i see Liverpool getting him failing a miracle . Pity as he has a great record and would be a great addition.

Looks like all the talent will be accounted for again in this window before Spurs finally decide they need to spend big to get the player they need. ....thats the symptom of not qualifying for CL ....unless you can splash mega bucks you're stuck with tier 2 strikers.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:21pm
I have a feeling AVB may be planning on playing Bale as a striker next season. It would explain why he has signed another winger as opposed to a striker and why he does not seem in any major panic to buy a striker.

I could be way off the mark but it's just the feeling I get.
KevinM View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:27pm

I have a feeling AVB may be planning on playing Bale as a striker next season. It would explain why he has signed another winger as opposed to a striker and why he does not seem in any major panic to buy a striker.

Can see this happening as well, but still think he needs to buy in another striker
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by KevinM KevinM wrote:

Can see this happening as well, but still think he needs to buy in another striker

100% another striker is required but I can't see that happening until they get rid of Adebayor. Levy will want him off the wage bill before he will do any further business in that department i think. The speculation of him heading off to Turkey seems to have gone away
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:47pm
Some funny posts on last 2 pages, people are very touchy these days
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 7:50pm

100% another striker is required but I can't see that happening until they get rid of Adebayor. Levy will want him off the wage bill before he will do any further business in that department i think. The speculation of him heading off to Turkey seems to have gone away

City are supplementing his wages at Spurs.

He's a very good striker on his day - no reason why they should get rid of him.

If they do choose to offload him that could prove difficult.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

City are supplementing his wages at Spurs.

He's a very good striker on his day - no reason why they should get rid of him.

If they do choose to offload him that could prove difficult.

On his day he can be good yes but his good days are very few and far between now particularly last season. He scored 5 goals in all competitions last season which is simply not good enough for a team competing for a CL place. On top of that his work rate is pathetic. If he loses the ball he stands up with his hands on his hips and the majority of the time he looks disinterested. The reliance on Bale to score goals in the second half of last season was crazy.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:09pm
Valencia president says on Marca radio that they value Soldado at €30 and that Spurs have made an offer not far off that figure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 238>
  Share Topic