Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 7:36am
For City to buy Kane is a no brainier. 
He is a proven goal scorer who in this City team will get you 30+ goals a season. Also he is not greedy and has a great assist record. 
Just turning 28 now is the time to buy. With him City will continue to dominate the domestic trophies for the next 4 years IMO. 

Even as a Spurs fan I think he should move. Do a Teddy and come back in 3/4 years. 
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 8:19am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Reports from City today are that they won’t go near the 160m fee quoted overnight, one bid has been made so far of £100m which was rejected
The plan very much seem to be this summer to sign Kane and Grealish and if they are to sell anyone it looks like it’s gonna be Bernardo Silva 

Dalymount - Aguero’s wages are off the books now, probably 220-250k a week I’d guess
Also city have raised over £60m so far this summer in sales of fringe players who were out on loan, plus the Sancho sell on clause fee from United

Interestingly the Sancho signing takes uniteds net spend to 295m euro the last three years which is the highest in Europe

Progress.

#GlazersOut
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 11:09am
Again missing the point of why United fans want the Glazers out! No matter how many times you are told you fail to listen.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

For City to buy Kane is a no brainier. 
He is a proven goal scorer who in this City team will get you 30+ goals a season. Also he is not greedy and has a great assist record. 
Just turning 28 now is the time to buy. With him City will continue to dominate the domestic trophies for the next 4 years IMO. 

Even as a Spurs fan I think he should move. Do a Teddy and come back in 3/4 years. 

He woulsd want to give it more than 9 months
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 2:59pm
I see Spurs have confirmed the deal for young Bryan Gil from Sevilla, who's highly rated, with Lamela going in the other direction. If they manage to get Romero from Atalanta it will be a a great coup to get the Serie A defender of last season. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I see Spurs have confirmed the deal for young Bryan Gil from Sevilla, who's highly rated, with Lamela going in the other direction. If they manage to get Romero from Atalanta it will be a a great coup to get the Serie A defender of last season. 
Gil was class for Eibar the few times I saw him last season. Hard to say if he’ll be a success in the EPL but one of the top young players in the Spanish league.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:26am
Harry Kane hasn't shown up for training this morning...

Mixed reports saying he isn't expected until tomorrow but some saying he was due back today but has refused to show up as Spurs haven't kept their side of the agreement he'd be sold 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 12:21pm
Unless Man City buy him hes fcked
I love beer gardens
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 9:44pm
hard to credit that, be very unprofessional. Always seems a real club man very easygoing sort, Harry the rebel eh? Who knew?
Gone all ballotelliLOL

Edited by oldbilly - 02 Aug 2021 at 9:44pm
No Pasaran!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 10:51pm
I wonder will he receive the same backlash in the media as Sterling did when he left Liverpool (without going on strike) to join Man City 
Couldn't see it somehow. 

'Arry deserves trophies will be the rhetoric

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 9:25am
Great player, great leader, great lad 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 10:21am
putting the vast amount of money aside for one moment, kane or anyone else for that matter should be in a position to exit an employment contract. serve their notice and walk away. it seems footballers are treated differently to any old sod on a fixed term contract which, to be frank, is down to the money involved however imo an individuals right to seek employment elsewhere shouldn't be hobbled by a third party.

it'll be interesting to see if kane does a jean-marc bosman and seek legal remedy. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 03 Aug 2021 at 10:22am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

putting the vast amount of money aside for one moment, kane or anyone else for that matter should be in a position to exit an employment contract. serve their notice and walk away. it seems footballers are treated differently to any old sod on a fixed term contract which, to be frank, is down to the money involved however imo an individuals right to seek employment elsewhere shouldn't be hobbled by a third party.

it'll be interesting to see if kane does a jean-marc bosman and seek legal remedy. 

Legally, I think Bosman is just the tip of the iceberg, and there are numerous other cases where players have exercised rights in an employment setting with similar results. A hunch I have is that if properly challenged (notwithstanding certain derogations that exist), the concept of the transfer fee could indeed be illegal, and for a number of reasons. I dont think we ever question the morality of the concept enough, but whether it is a legal practice, I think is dubious at best.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 11:09am
being facetious, i hope he does eventually take a case to the echr. i can picture in my head the reaction coming from certain corners of the uk media and their readers LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 12:09pm
This is the reason why in Spain La Liga has implemented that all players have a buyout clause inserted,

I know some teams do have this but I think it will be more asked for in future 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 1:08pm
It looks like the Romero deal is over the line which is a good signing for Spurs and talks of the potential signing of Vlahovic from Florentina. 
There is also talk that Spurs will try and hold on to Kane for another season unless City come in with a big offer. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 5:32pm
All kane has to do is put in a transfer request, but he won't because he'll lose a loyalty bonus.  
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 6:28pm
Latest on HK:

This one will likely run right up until 31st August, but whatever happens, it won't be resolved before Spurs' first PL game of the season - home to Man City on 15th August. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 238>
  Share Topic