Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 238>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:06pm
I agree he has done a fantastic job, this summer is huge. You have to wonder how much the stadium will eat into their transfer budget coupled with potentially players leaving its hard to
Know if this can be sustained. 

I still can’t understand why United appointed Ole and didn’t wait for Poch in the summer, of course he may not have left but he’s a world class manager. 

Ajax v Spurs semi should be a cracker, Spurs probably slight favourites. 
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:10pm
If there was any chance that Pochettino was interested in going to United, and that United decided not to pursue it - that will go down as one of the most comical decisions in football history LOL

I think myself he enjoys having the power he does at Spurs and he sees it as unfinished business there yet. New stadium. Team there or thereabouts in the PL and CL. At United or Real if they had pursued him and got him, he could have been out on his ear in a year if things didn't pan out. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:02am
Went and watched the game with the Dublin Spurs supporters club. Some night and some crack. The absolute low of the Sterling goal to the pure elation with VAR. A night unlike any others watching Spurs. No wonder we all love football.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:06am
incredible game.  City dominated the game and de bruyne was world class.  Beautiful footballer.  How spurs won
That game I will never know.  Poxed lucky but city always give you a chance of a goal even though they dominate the games. 

Ali and Erikson were terrible tonight and nearly cost spurs the game. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

How spurs won
That game I will never know. 

That’s because they lost 4-3
The first time city have beaten English opposition in European competition Big smile
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How spurs won

The first time city have beaten English opposition in European competition Big smile

You know what I mean.  How they went through I will never know 
AKA pedantic kunt
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:22am
They should never have qualified from the group but they did. Had their fair share of bad luck in games this season as well. Looking at both benches tonight there was no comparison but the Spurs sub won the tie. The glory of football.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:51am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

They should never have qualified from the group but they did. Had their fair share of bad luck in games this season as well. Looking at both benches tonight there was no comparison but the Spurs sub won the tie. The glory of football.

Something that Pochettino should be massively lauded for. When he brought Llorente on for Sissoko, all I could think was the cojonas on that man Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Something that Pochettino should be massively lauded for. When he brought Llorente on for Sissoko, all I could think was the cojonas on that man Clap
Looking at the Spurs bench, what alternative do you think he had?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Sanchez without a shadow of a doubt I would have brought on. Go to a back 3, which they are all very familiar with. Also Trippier was having a feckin nightmare so at least at wing back he might feel he could go tighter to Sterling quicker as he'd have more cover behind him.

Also, it would have left Son up front who was ripping City apart. If I was managing in that game, I'd probably make that call 99 times out of a 100. If not 100! Did you not think that yourself Terri?

Btw, a word on Son. Winner last week. 2 tonight. What a player he is. For me he is now their most important player. Also, I think he would be alongside VVD for player of the year if he didn't have 2 stints away with S Korea during the season.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:31am

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Sanchez without a shadow of a doubt I would have brought on. Go to a back 3, which they are all very familiar with. Also Trippier was having a feckin nightmare so at least at wing back he might feel he could go tighter to Sterling quicker as he'd have more cover behind him.

Also, it would have left Son up front who was ripping City apart. If I was managing in that game, I'd probably make that call 99 times out of a 100. If not 100! Did you not think that yourself Terri?

Btw, a word on Son. Winner last week. 2 tonight. What a player he is. For me he is now their most important player. Also, I think he would be alongside VVD for player of the year if he didn't have 2 stints away with S Korea during the season.

I was shocked myself by that decision.
I assumed it had to be Sanchez, way to early to bring on the big lump. And he was useless - did nothing but score (definitely brushed off his arm but not deliberately).

Spurs got lucky with Var but B Silva’s goal was incredibly lucky.
KDB was back to his best - tore spurs apart and Sterling is on top form.
Son was magnificent again. 
Eriksen has been so poor for months. He needs to step up.

Spurs will rest players this weekend so place a bet on Man City to win by 3 goals or more.

Overall it was an incredible game. Some highs and lows for the supporters. 

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:32am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How spurs won

You know what I mean.  How they went through I will never know 
Because Pep bottled it again.

Think back to when Iniesta rescued him in the 92nd min against Chelsea that time.

6 years in a row now he has failed with Billions at his disposal.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:39am
Delighted for Spurs but fcuk they were blessed.

All the lauding of Poch is warranted but it would have been such a different story if not for var. He looked a broken man when that sterling goal went in.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Laugh away all ya like, Poch has done a great job no doubt and they are are a bloody good side, point is he hasn’t won anything with them. 

Don’t see the need to slate someone’s post as moronic cos you don’t agree with it. 

Don’t see the need to slate someone’s post as moronic cos you don’t agree with it.

Haven't been on the site that long but have noticed that seem to be his modus operandi

I find it easier to just not read his posts, they're mostly pointless.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:30am

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I was really impressed by that call also. In fact just watching last night you realise how great football can be when the likes of Mourinho are kept well away from it.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I was really impressed by that call also. In fact just watching last night you realise how great football can be when the likes of Mourinho are kept well away from it.
Yes indeed.
A truly great week of football for the football romantics.
The Beautiful Game still lives and breaths.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

If Spurs score City need 3 goals. If Spurs avoid the first 20 minutes without conceeding they will be in a very good position. 

LOL LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:16am
Spurs should sell Kane, his ankles are finished if they got €200 for him you'd be very confident that Pochettino would invest that in good new players making the team far better. Same way Klopp did with Coutinhio 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 238>
  Share Topic