You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 238>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Kane hasn’t been missed at all. 

Not in the league but they might still be in 2 cup competitions if he was available.
Sponsored Links

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:10am
Spurs squad looking stronger again and they should have a good finsih to the season. Wanyama getting game time, Ali and Kane due back by end of February. Llorente scoring goals. Confidence has to be high within the squad with their results since the injuries to Kane etc.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 12:55pm
I hope Spurs can continue on a finish well this season and Pochetino stays on as manager. Would hate to see him go to United and Spurs go back to sh*te when all the best players leave as well 

Spurs fans, once they move into the new stadium, is there going to be any funds for transfers in the Summer? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I hope Spurs can continue on a finish well this season and Pochetino stays on as manager. Would hate to see him go to United and Spurs go back to sh*te when all the best players leave as well 

Spurs fans, once they move into the new stadium, is there going to be any funds for transfers in the Summer? 

He is key.
At the end of the day if a super rich club make him an offer he can’t refuse there is nothing Spurs can do.
I think his buy out clause is £25M but that’s nothing for the top clubs.

There was and will be money available in the summer. Poch has said he had funds available last summer but nobody was available that would improve the current squad.
Alderweireld/Llorente are off so a new CB / forward is required. 
This summer should be more busy than last year for most clubs.

The new stadium should keep the squad together for one more year..... but the the money in football has gone crazy, it’s going to be hard to hold onto all the best players.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Llorente scoring goals.
True and important ones at that. But for every goal he has scored, he's missed another 2 or 3 more, many of them sitters.
So while he's getting there, I still don't feel he's fully confident/his old self yet.

All that said, with his ability in the air, he definitely offers Spurs something that none of their other strikers quite has. Afaik Spurs have scored more headed goals in the PL than any other team, plus another couple in the CL last night, of course.

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Confidence has to be high within the squad with their results since the injuries to Kane etc. 
Enormous credit to Poch for not letting them feel sorry for themselves.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

There was and will be money available in the summer. Poch has said he had funds available last summer but nobody was available that would improve the current squad.
Money available, no doubt, but how much?
I'd guess Spurs are in the market for, say, £25m players*, but how many of those would be better than our existing squad players, never mind better than our 1st XI?

These days you're talking £50m+ for such a player and I'm not sure Spurs are yet ready/willing to shell out that kind of sum, esp when you consider that those players will demand similar-level wages, which would blow a hole in the present structure.

* - I know we pushed the boat out for Sanchez, but he came from a low-wage league, at 22 still has huge re-sale value (he's on a 6 year contract), and the reported £42m fee was very much an "up to" and payable in installments. Meanwhile, the previous record was £30m for Sissoko (a veritable bargain, as it happens).

The new stadium should keep the squad together for one more year..... but the the money in football has gone crazy, it’s going to be hard to hold onto all the best players.
Re your bold, the latest TV deal was the first that didn't see a significant increase on the previous one. So there is evidence such as the recent transfer windiw that PL clubs have curtailed their usual wage and transfer fee inflation accordingly.
If Spurs can progress further in the CL (and qualify next season), that and the new stadium revenues should allow us to remain competitive at the level we're currently at (see above).

But all that said, with the best part of £1bn to find for the new stadium, it is simply unrealistic to imagine that we'll progress to buying players at the next financial level (imo). 

Edited by Territorial - 14 Feb 2019 at 4:59pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 9:25am
Massive game for spurs tomorrow.

Arsenal in top form at the moment and Spurs are wobbling.
If Arsenal win Spurs are in a fight for top 4.
Plus they have to play City and Liverpool away so they need a cushion as they won’t win any of those games.
Man U look like they are going to finish really strong so I think they will take one of those places.

Hard to know with Chelsea, they also have a great chance of the Europa league - same with Arsenal.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:51pm
Very important point for Spurs today.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:15pm
Some tackle by Vertonghen there 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:51pm
Job done - get to HT without conceding.
Need to try and play a bit more this half.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 11:48pm
Well done Spurs.
Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 1:16am
Spurs looking good. I wonder would bale consider a return now that Madrid are gone to sh*te. Realistically he probably should have left when ronaldo did. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 10:32am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Spurs looking good. I wonder would bale consider a return now that Madrid are gone to sh*te. Realistically he probably should have left when ronaldo did. 

He looks like he will move soon BUT for a big fee and wages and I’m not sure Spurs would see him as good value.
More likely PSG.

Some turnaround by Spurs. 1 pts after 3 games in the group and into the 1/4 finals.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 11:44am
They sure looked dead and buried. With Ali back soon hopefully they can push on and have a good finish to the season. Maybe Ali coming back will have a positive impact on Erikson because he's been very poor by his standards.
Also, talk of Brighton or Huddersfield in the league being the first game in new stadium.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 11:51am

He looks like he will move soon BUT for a big fee and wages and I’m not sure Spurs would see him as good value.
More likely PSG.
Some turnaround by Spurs. 1 pts after 3 games in the group and into the 1/4 finals.

+1

without a doubt the stadium will be a big drain on funds. levy will be looking for bargain basement signings for the foreseeable future.

wenger performed miracles for several years after arsenal moved into the emirates. the club was cash strapped yet he managed to keep them in the top 4 however spurs stadium debt is somewhere in the region of 3 times arsenals stadium debt was.

unless bale takes a big pay cut i cannot see levy stomaching the welshman's demands.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 1:40pm
I doubt even Man U or Liverpool would take a chance on Bale.
He’ll be 30 in the summer but will be looking for a big contract.
With his fitness issues it would be a big risk.

It would have to be a club with unlimited funds.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm

More likely PSG.

Bale to Spurs wtf, they couldn't afford a few months of his salary let alone his transfer fee

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:25pm

More likely PSG.

That makes sense. At least he's edging closer to home! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 238>
  Share Topic