You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 238>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
It's 5.
And it'll probably be 4 or 5 again. 

If everything goes to Korea's plan they'll be playing either Bahrain, Palestine or Oman in the next round followed by Saudi Arabia in the following round. 
And only then they might struggle against Australia albeit it's not the same Aussie side they lost to last time

The bad news is they're on the completely different side of the knockout bracket to which Iran/Japan are on.

Edited by coyne - 15 Jan 2019 at 6:14pm
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:18pm
The maximum PL games Son will miss is 3 if S Korea go all the way.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

BUT have league cup and FA cup games too.

Really bad timing.
Llorente will be the main man now.
I wonder if they will look to bring somebody in - Jan is always a difficult time tho. A wide forward player is needed.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:32pm
Would Spurs not push Delle Alli up front? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

BUT have league cup and FA cup games too.

Really bad timing.
Llorente will be the main man now.
I wonder if they will look to bring somebody in - Jan is always a difficult time tho. A wide forward player is needed.

Yep, a few cup games and possibly including both legs of the CL that Kane will miss. Once Son is back though, Spurs will be fine. Alli will do fine up front if needed imo.

They have serious issues in midfield imo moreso and need to buy there. Specifically a defensive minded midfielder. I can't see Spurs ever buying a top level CF as unless they switch to a front 2, nobody is sitting playing second fiddle to Kane at Spurs who consider themselves a top quality forward. A  quality wide forward would be a decent option possibly. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Would Spurs not push Delle Alli up front? 

Alli I would think will play up top for a few weeks, and he'll do fine I reckon. When Son is back, they'll manage without Kane then.

This could also be a point where Pochettino turns to the board and presses for a couple of players though, and if it's rejected, it could get ugly. They are very low on numbers, especially around midfield, and if Alli moves up top that's another midfielder out of the loop.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:18pm
I hear Poch completely ruled out Jansson playing any part.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

They must have fallen out. I wonder will our boy Parrott be on the bench at all for a few games? 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:38pm

Is that lad still alive? LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:00pm

He’s unregistered (GD mentioned it to me and he’s correct after checking) and they have used up all of their non-HG spots so he couldn’t play even if they wanted to 

Edited by coyne - 15 Jan 2019 at 9:01pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:24pm
It's all over the internet with reports that Poch confirming that he's just not in his plans. Not sure if there is more to it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:58am
Jansen has been woeful since he first came to England. No amount of goals for the U23’s will get him into the first team. Parrot would probably get in quicker
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:12am
Moussa Dembele gone to China
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:14am
Important game today and the win is a must to keep ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal. Kane and Son will be missed but there’s still enough quality to beat Fulham. Chelsea on Thursday too so a big performance needed for their confidence.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm
Ranieri record v Spurs :
Played 11
Won 7
Drew 4 
Lost 0

The bogey man...

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 5:41pm
The referee is killing Spurs. Cyrus Christie should have 3/4 yellows and a penalty conceded. Instead Rose has got booked for a dive, when clearly fouled by Christie again.

Llorente is harmless, God bless him. They need to leave him on the bench and play Alli up top.

Just as I type Alli injurer. Jaysus.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 5:45pm

The referee is killing Spurs. Cyrus Christie should have 3/4 yellows and a penalty conceded. Instead Rose has got booked for a dive, when clearly fouled by Christie again.

Llorente is harmless, God bless him. They need to leave him on the bench and play Alli up top.

Just as I type Alli injurer. Jaysus.

No mention of the blatant foul on mitrovic in the first half by vertonghen in the box I see....
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 5:48pm
Aye their season might very well fall apart over the coming weeks. No Kane, Son and presumably Ali in the treatment room now for few weeks, I'd be amazed if they can keep it together. 

They just won it LOL

Edited by cardwizzard - 20 Jan 2019 at 5:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 238>
  Share Topic