Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 238>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 7:25pm
Christ 
I don’t even think Eric Dier’s Ma could write this amount on him
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Disagree with Hans on a lot of his football views but this one is 100% spot on, Dier is not good enough for a top 4 side and won’t have many top sides after him when he moves on, spurs will be as a big as it gets for him and zero trophies while you’re at it.
Really?

(Spurs turned them down, partly because they didn't want to sell to a rival and partly because they'd just trousered £50m for City for Kyle Walker, so didn't need to sell.)
He said 'top' sides...
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I reckon that DM role is one of the easiest positions to play to an average level but is incredibly hard to play to a high standard. Look at Busquets for example, his positional awareness, first touch and passing ability are superb and very hard to replicate. Then look at Glen Whelan, a good honest lad who limits his game to protecting the space in front of the centre halves. Basic but effective.

I would agree with that a lot. There are many players out there who play this position to a very average level and get away with it, Dier is definitely one of those. He's just filling a gap. Doesn't read the play properly. I am not a fan of Glenn Whelan whatsoever, but Whelan had a far better read of defensive situations than Dier, but lacks Diers physicality. It seems that just being there, somewhere in an area in front of the CBs on your team is now deemed you doing a quality defensive midfield job. 
Christ Almighty on a bike!

Comparing Eric Dier to Glenn Whelan!

Yeah, you got me, you're the surviving Chuckle Brother and this is going to go straight into their Christmas Kiddies Spectacular on CBBC.

Anyhow, I'm off to the pub, to watch Whelan in Champions League action tonight.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 7:31pm
I suppose you need to watch somebody as Eric 'Lots of Appearances' Dier is only on the bench tonight.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 8:55pm
Results going for Spurs at half time. Really can’t see the score staying like that in Milan so Spurs will have to score and level things up with Barca. Tame enough game.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:11pm
Hope PSV hold on to put Spurs through but Inter had a great chance there. Fantastic save by the goalie. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:59pm
A fantastic achievement from Spurs to get out of that group when it looked that they were goosed after the draw in Eindhoven. Great stuff Clap

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:09pm
Enough of that talk of the great result in the Nou Camp to get them through to the last 16, back to Eric Dier!
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

A fantastic achievement from Spurs to get out of that group when it looked that they were goosed after the draw in Eindhoven. Great stuff Clap

More a case of inter blowing it and Spurs getting lucky with Barca’s approach tonight.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:11pm
Well said! How did he play?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He wasn’t on. Pochettino must have phoned Moleman before kick off 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

More a case of inter blowing it and Spurs getting lucky with Barca’s approach tonight.
spot on. inter rightly blew it.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:15pm
LOL
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He wasn’t on. Pochettino must have phoned Moleman before kick off 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:17pm
LOL

1 of your better jokes RB
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:19pm
That's his third beauty in 24 hours.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:22pm
He's on fire recently alright LOL

Delighted for Spurs. Will be a threat to lots of teams in the last 16 draw.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 11:52pm
Yeh the cards fell right for Spurs tonight. Couldn’t see anything but an Inter win which would have put them through. Spurs made very hard work of the goal but they’re in the draw after a very bad start and their performances over all the fixtures probably earned that bit of fortune tonight. Win at the weekend and beat Arsenal next Wednesday will make it a very productive few days.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 7:01am
Spurs are only the 8th team to make it through the group stages with 1 pt after the first 3 games.

They made really hard work of it but are a better team than Inter.

People can say Barca rested Messi but Spurs rested Dier! 

Roll on the next round.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 238>
  Share Topic