Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 238>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:08pm
I've watched Spurs a lot in the past few years. A really good side with a glaring weak spot, Dier. The likes of Wanyama is levels above him imo. The only logic for him being a regular at Spurs must be his physique and the fact he's not injury prone (Wanyama seems to have a lot of injuries). The amount of mistakes he's made where's he just wandering around aimlessly leaving gaps for the opposition is something to behold. It's a constant when he plays in the defensive midfield position.

With England, even though Rice is only a young fella, if he declares for England and keeps playing regularly at club level, he should easily dislodge Dier. 

I genuinely don't know what this guy adds on a pitch for his team.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I genuinely have no idea how Dier has played so many games at such a high level. He is abysmal. Massive Pochettino fan but there's no real defense of his selection over the past few years.
Regularly picked also by Hodgson and Southgate (38 caps aged 24).

I'd back the judgement of those three managers over yours, tbh.

By your logic nobody can question anything a professional manager higher up the footballing ladder ever does? Moronic point to make, and actually does nothing at all to argue that Dier isn't an awful player.
No, my "logic" (reasoning, actually) is that Messrs. Hodgson, Southgate and Pochettino probably know more about football than you.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:12am
Can't believe I actually agree with Hans.

Dier is horrible.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Can't believe I actually agree with Hans.

Dier is horrible.
So you think he's horrible/awful etc as well?

It might be valid to criticise him were he a "one season wonder", or only capable of playing in one particular set-up, or for one manager etc, but consider the evidence.

He's a product of Sporting Lisbon, one of the best academies in Europe. He made his England debut under Hodgson at 21 and was one of the only players (the only?) to emerge from the debacle of WC2014 with his reputation enhanced (people forget). And since GS took over, he's been an integral part of a complete transformation of the England team, whilst other Hodgson players were discarded.

Meanwhile, he's made almost 200 appearances over four years in a Spurs team Pochettino has taken to a new level as one of the top three in England, whilst still not yet 25.

I think what you really mean is that you don't see what he brings to the team (fair enough), but that is a long way from saying he brings nothing.

For that would mean RH/GS/MP are idiots.

Edited by Territorial - 07 Dec 2018 at 12:11pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:43pm
He's still sh*te....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's still sh*te....

LOL

Agree 100%. He is robbing a living
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:48pm

He's still sh*te....
Well that's it, then, Horsebox has spoken.

I hope Dier doesn't read this forum.

Or Pochettino. LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:56pm

He's still sh*te....
Well that's it, then, Horsebox has spoken.

I hope Dier doesn't read this forum.

Or Pochettino. LOL

Stop being a drama queen ffs LOL

I think it's the very first time I've seen the YBIG forum unanimously agree on something and it's that Eric Dier is a steaming pile of sh*te.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

He's still sh*te....

LOL

Agree 100%. He is robbing a living
And what do you reckon about Moussa "Wake me up before you go go, who needs Modric when we've got" Sissoko?

During his first two seasons at Spurs, every single Spurs fan derided him as absolutely terrible, and wanted him out of the club, not just the team.

Yet this season he's been excellent. 

Meaning that Poch evidently saw something in him that made him worth persevering with, even when no-one else did.

Of course, all managers sometimes have their favourites and maybe you could argue that Poch was 'protecting' Sissoko.

Except that Sissoko has somehow managed also to get 55 caps(!) under Domenich, Blanc and Deschamps, in a powerful French team that is coming down with top quality midfielders.

But hey, what do guys like that know, compared with all the armchair experts on here?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:03pm
LOLLOLLOL
If he had come out, he could have qualified for the North through marriage.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:04pm
No one here ever said Sissoko was bad, let's get that straight first of all.

Talented but possibly the laziest player to ever grace the football pitch. Turns up to matches whenever it suits him or he's feeling it that day. 

Poch's not that special even if I can identify that.

Edited by coyne - 07 Dec 2018 at 1:05pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

No one here ever said Sissoko was bad, let's get that straight first of all.
I repeat, every single Spurs fan hated him.

Talented but possibly the laziest player to ever grace the football pitch. Turns up to matches whenever it suits him or he's feeling it that day.
Sorry, but you can only be thinking of someone else.

No-one has ever doubted Sissoko's willingness to run about after the ball. Rather it was/is his lack of ability to do anything with it when he got there which saw him derided by the fans.

Or as one of his fellow Frenchmen commented when Sissoko was brought on as sub against Real Madrid in the CL, "One hundred percent physique, zero percent technique" LOL 

Poch's not that special even if I can identify that.
If you knew anything about Poch, it's that he simply won't tolerate players who are less than completely committed.

You're starting to embarrass yourself now.

Edited by Territorial - 07 Dec 2018 at 1:28pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:31pm
Ah jaysus get off this forum you fruitloop LOL

Actually choked laughing at the suggestion Sissoko isn't lazy. I wonder what the Spurs and Newcastle fans on here think of that LOL
And you go on to say you couldn't understand why Spurs fans hate him

Edited by coyne - 07 Dec 2018 at 1:34pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:42pm

And you go on to say you couldn't understand why Spurs fans hate him
Except I didn't say that.

Anyhow, my point is that "The Court of Popular Opinion" often knows f**k-all, nowhere more so than on football forums.

So taking it back to Eric Dier, if you're going to have a pop at him, you might be advised to come up with something better than "Me and all my mates in the pub reckon he's sh*te..." LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:47pm
That's upto you to tell us what Dier brings to the team. All you've done is tell us how many appearances he's made

The argument so far has been;
"He's good"
"He's not"
"But he's made x appearances so he must be good"

So tell us and change our minds! When I look at Dier, I see a squad player who's versatile between holding midfield and centre back, doesn't excel in neither.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:03pm

That's upto you to tell us what Dier brings to the team. All you've done is tell us how many appearances he's made

"He's good"
"He's not"

So tell us and change our minds! When I look at Dier, I see a squad player who's versatile between holding midfield and centre back, doesn't excel in neither.
My point is this.

Three highly competent, experienced managers have been picking Dier consistently for their teams over the last four years at a relatively young age, even when they've got alternatives. Two of those teams have been pretty successful, and he played well in the one which wasn't (RH's England).

So whether outside observers like us see what he brings to the team or not means very little compared to what they think, unless, of course, you imagine you know more about these things than they do.

Which I don't.

But you clearly do.

Edited by Territorial - 07 Dec 2018 at 2:07pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
If he had come out, he could have qualified for the North through marriage.

LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:34pm

"He's good"
"He's not"

My point is this.

Three highly competent, experienced managers have been picking Dier consistently for their teams over the last four years at a relatively young age, even when they've got alternatives. Two of those teams have been pretty successful, and he played well in the one which wasn't (RH's England).

So whether outside observers like us see what he brings to the team or not means very little compared to what they think, unless, of course, you imagine you know more about these things than they do.

Which I don't.

But you clearly do.

Who are the alternatives that England have?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 238>
  Share Topic