You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 238>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:19pm
why didn't eriksen start? by far their best player; makes the team tick, and gives actual service to kane. starting with lamela, sissoko, and lucas, in my eyes, wasn't a great idea. not one of them will keep possession, or connect defence and attack.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

why didn't eriksen start? .
Same reason he didn't start against Ireland.
Injured.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

why didn't eriksen start? .
Same reason he didn't start against Ireland.
Injured.
^

he did play the last 10 minutes last night though
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 2:21pm
Yes he's on the mend but not fully match fit to start.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Kane is a funny player. Scores some amount of goals, all different kinds of goals, and then can look totally average in many games.

Most of the games I've seen him look average have been when he keeps dropping deep or wide to get involved in the play. It's not the strongest part of his game, similar to Lukaku, except he actually comes alive in or around the box.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Kane is a funny player. Scores some amount of goals, all different kinds of goals, and then can look totally average in many games.

Most of the games I've seen him look average have been when he keeps dropping deep or wide to get involved in the play. It's not the strongest part of his game, similar to Lukaku, except he actually comes alive in or around the box.

This seems to be a tactic where Kane is dropping off and Moura runs in behind using his pace. Kane needs to get back to scoring goals and only thinking of that. He should never ever be way outside the box when Spurs  are in good attacking positions. It's mad stuff altogether. He has looked sluggish for 6 months now since coming back from injury near the end of last season. Wouldn't surprise me if he's not right still. I haven't seen a single game since where he looks at full tilt.

I see Alli signed a new deal. Spurs have done seriously good workkon that front in the past year. Alli a huge player to have tied down long term. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 3:26pm
Realistically, Spurs were never going to win the title this season without any proper investment during the summer and they could of been even wrote off as challengers also.

Looking at the league table, they're very much on course to be there or thereabouts in regard to finishing in the top 4 which would have been their target from the off imo. 

I think their Champions League campaign, in a group they would of fancied to have gotten second in has been the real eye opener, they've had a disaster there!

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:44am
Will Pochettino throw the kitchen sink at the league cup and the QF against old rivals, Arsenal?

Spurs badly need a trophy. Only 2 league cups over the past two decades to show their supporters. 
10 years and counting since Robble last lifted it. 

I met a few Spurs fans on holiday recently. They'll take any trophy as a building block to something better.  Most are convinced that if they don't win something soon, the big names will fly the coop as they've done in their very recent past. With the increased ground capacity to 62k, this should give them the financial muscle to really compete with the top sides.

Edited by Stoked Up - 01 Nov 2018 at 10:45am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 12:11pm
The big names won’t stay if Spurs win the league cup ffs

If they keep getting to the champions league most seasons that’s the bigger draw.

The new stadium will help but they still won’t be able to compete with the Man City/ Chelsea and Man U financially.

Like Arsenal they will be financially sound going forward. 

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 12:07am
Of course getting to the CL group stages is very important, but as I said; the LC could be a building block to better things. Many a manager has had his job saved by winning the League Cup.

Realistically, Spurs cannot rely on regular Champions League football. It's 4 from 6 and with a resurgent Liverpool and Arsenal not far behind, they'll probably be the ones to miss out.
Unless they start to win trophies again they won't hold on to their best players. Kane, Ali, Alderweireld Lloris, etc., will go the way of Bale, Modric, Walker and others before.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Of course getting to the CL group stages is very important, but as I said; the LC could be a building block to better things. Many a manager has had his job saved by winning the League Cup.

Realistically, Spurs cannot rely on regular Champions League football. It's 4 from 6 and with a resurgent Liverpool and Arsenal not far behind, they'll probably be the ones to miss out.
Unless they start to win trophies again they won't hold on to their best players. Kane, Ali, Alderweireld Lloris, etc., will go the way of Bale, Modric, Walker and others before.

If Real / Barca come calling there is nothing you can do about that - all the epl clubs have that issue.
Alderweireld is gone in the summer and should go to a top club.
All the other players are all on long term contracts so I don’t see them going to other epl clubs - the fees Levy demands are huge and they don’t need to sell.

The 4 from 6 means the top 6 are going to push themselves every year. We’ve seen this year they are battering all the bottom teams. The gap from the top to the bottom is going to get bigger. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 10:40am
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:23pm
Tottenham really had to grind out that result last night.  By far the better team but it took a very late, fortuitous goal from Kane.

Can't see them getting past Inter into the play-offs. Really needed a Barca victory last night. 

There mightn't be much gra for the Europa cup but a knock out game against Arsenal would change that!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Tottenham really had to grind out that result last night.  By far the better team but it took a very late, fortuitous goal from Kane.

Can't see them getting past Inter into the play-offs. Really needed a Barca victory last night. 

There mightn't be much gra for the Europa cup but a knock out game against Arsenal would change that!

The pitch is terrible which doesn’t help.

Spurs have made this champions league as hard as possible for themselves.
Should have gotten a draw away to Inter at least.
All they can do now is beat Inter at home and give themselves a little hope against Barca who should be g’teed 1st place.

Mostly likely end up in the Europa league which should be used for the fringe players.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 3:44am
Or as a chance to win a European trophy....
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 11:58am
fancy spurs over the gooners
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

fancy spurs over the gooners
ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 12:44pm
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 238>
  Share Topic