You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 238>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:38am
Threw it away, looked to be coasting. Some finish for the the equaliser in fairness. Winks standing on the line playing them all on for the winner was madness 
Some people just deserve a slap
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Threw it away, looked to be coasting. Some finish for the the equaliser in fairness. Winks standing on the line playing them all on for the winner was madness 

More than madness. It was pure laziness and utter ineptitude. The most basic of mistakes that could cost them massively in the long run. Really can't be underestimated how bad it was. If I was a Spurs fan I'd be hoping Winks is warming the bench for a good while after that one.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:46am
Someone needs to let Kane know that August ended almost three weeks ago.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:55am
Most people keep saying the Kane thing is over the World Cup, but it was clear that even in the last month or 2 of last season he wasn't nearly at his best. Pochettino made a massive mistake not insisting he miss the first couple of PL games. Whether it's physical or mental, a good few weeks away from everything would be the best thing. I don't buy the thought process that they couldn't have survived them without him. Hope he finds his form soon though, a great player to watch when at full pelt.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Most people keep saying the Kane thing is over the World Cup, but it was clear that even in the last month or 2 of last season he wasn't nearly at his best. Pochettino made a massive mistake not insisting he miss the first couple of PL games. Whether it's physical or mental, a good few weeks away from everything would be the best thing.

Yeah he hasn't looked right since that ankle ligament injury he picked up in March last year - think it was the third such injury he's had in the last two seasons so I'd say the mental effect is taking its toll on him at this point. He seems to have been playing within himself since it happened - possibly worried if he goes full tilt it'll flare up again. I'd be very concerned at this point if I was an England/Spurs fan.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:14am
Definitely a possible scenario. Iirc from the couple of injuries he had over the last 2/3 years, it always took Kane about 4/5 games to look himself again. This time since he came back there has been no real point where even in one game you'd think to yourself he's flying again. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:17am
Where's Wanyama?
Surely a better option than Winks and Dier in some games.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Where's Wanyama?
Surely a better option than Winks and Dier in some games.

Wanyama makes Spurs a totally different team imo. Him plus 1 more ( Dembele when fit) with Eriksen just ahead again is the perfect balance. Unless it niggly injuries or some other fitness issue, it's mad stuff that Wanyama isn't one of the first names in the starting 11.

Dier. Where to start. He is just a total all rounder. Just abysmal in every aspect of the game of football. I'm genuinely at a loss when it comes to this lad playing so many games.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:38am

[QUOTE=Roberto Baggio]Dier. Where to start. He is just a total all rounder. Just abysmal in every aspect of the game of football. I'm genuinely at a loss when it comes to this lad playing so many games.

One of the main reasons we are in such trouble with the Rice situation imo. Southgate appears to be aware of his limitations and it seems clear already that Rice has a much higher ceiling limit as a player.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:43am
Eric is well named.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:30pm
Could be a reason for the delay of the stadium alright. Maybe they can rename it White Nose Lane

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:47pm
Cocaine Lane sounds better
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:36am
Dele will miss the match v Barca on Wed.
The bigger problem is Vertonghen going off injured at half time.

I’m going to the match so hoping for a good game.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

[QUOTE=Roberto Baggio]Dier. Where to start. He is just a total all rounder. Just abysmal in every aspect of the game of football. I'm genuinely at a loss when it comes to this lad playing so many games.

One of the main reasons we are in such trouble with the Rice situation imo. Southgate appears to be aware of his limitations and it seems clear already that Rice has a much higher ceiling limit as a player.

That's a good point. Danny Dyer is better than him  
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:24pm
I really can't get my head around it. Wanyama on the bench again yesterday. Unless it's a fitness issue which I doubt, it's just so strange. Dier as a defensive midfielder leaves the defense exposed time and time again. He's actually abysmal defensively. Wanyama on the other hand is exceptional in that regard as well as being better physically and passing. Spurs are a different side with Wanyama at the heart of it.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 9:21am
No Eriksen and Vertonghen tonight. They are a big loss.
Dele Alli and Dembele are also out.
Lloris May be back in goal tho.

Wanyama should start tonight.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 8:02pm
Is Lloris *still* drunk?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 9:04pm
Horror stuff from Lloris and Trippier for the 1st. Rakitic unbelievable for the 2nd Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 238>
  Share Topic