Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

You can get Spurs at 4/5 on making the top 4! Feel free to thump that Hans.

BUMPITY BUMP Thumbs Up

LOL
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Spurs definitely gone backwards this summer. Would be surprised if they make top 4

How surprised?

Clap
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:09pm
They’ll be there or there about a in May again. Let’s see how the rest get on at Watford. Serious team at the moment. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 6:59am

BUMPITY BUMP Thumbs Up

LOL

Will finish 10 plus points clear of United come May, not that that is a major achievement or something Spurs haven't done a couple of times in recent seasons anyway. Will comfortably finish top 4 this season, no doubt about it.

Yesterdays result will have been hugely disappointing because Spurs aren't aiming for top 4, and to challenge for the title they can afford very few slip ups all season, even if Watford are in great form at the moment. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 03 Sep 2018 at 7:03am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:48am
Jermaine Jenas made a good point last night on MOTD2. Spurs need to win games when they aren't playing well. They collapse too often when they aren't at their best and the opposition sense that they can get at them

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 03 Sep 2018 at 9:48am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Jermaine Jenas made a good point last night on MOTD2. Spurs need to win games when they aren't playing well. They collapse too often when they aren't at their best and the opposition sense that they can get at them

Very true and its down to a lack of forward options on the bench. 
But Watford are on a good run so the confidence was high even when they went a goal down. 

I’ve been impressed with Liverpool so far. They haven’t played their best yet but have 12 pts and only conceded 1 goal (an OG really). Hopefully they can challenge city for the title all season. 

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 2:53pm
All champions league games will be at Wembley.
Makes it easy to get tickets.

They Man City match will also be at Wembley.... on a Monday night tho. Thumbs Down

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 3:37pm

BUMPITY BUMP Thumbs Up

LOL

Will finish 10 plus points clear of United come May, not that that is a major achievement or something Spurs haven't done a couple of times in recent seasons anyway. Will comfortably finish top 4 this season, no doubt about it.

Yesterdays result will have been hugely disappointing because Spurs aren't aiming for top 4, and to challenge for the title they can afford very few slip ups all season, even if Watford are in great form at the moment. 

LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 6:13pm

BUMPITY BUMP Thumbs Up

LOL

LOL

Nothing I've said about Spurs has been off. They will comfortably finish top 4. Most likely with United a long long way back. There's no doubting they would have hoped to fight for the title, and even though it's early days it looks like Liverpool, City are going to put in huge seasons with very few slip ups. Couldn't discount Chelsea totally either, they definitely have the goals in them. Even with Spurs now surrounded by a clump of other sides it looks very much like the top 4 spots come the end of the season are clear as day. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs in whatever order.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:29pm
LOL
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 9:28am
Hans, at this stage of the season to say "They will comfortably finish top 4. Most likely with United a long long way back." is just ridiculous. While Spurs did beat United 3-0 at Old Trafford, they hardly steam rolled them. They've looked poor enough in their last two games while United have started to go the other way with good results away to Burnley & Watford.
They have 6 games between now and October 6th. Another loss away on Tuesday to Inter and the confidence for an away trip to Brighton on Saturday might be shot.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Hans, at this stage of the season to say "They will comfortably finish top 4. Most likely with United a long long way back." is just ridiculous. While Spurs did beat United 3-0 at Old Trafford, they hardly steam rolled them. They've looked poor enough in their last two games while United have started to go the other way with good results away to Burnley & Watford.
They have 6 games between now and October 6th. Another loss away on Tuesday to Inter and the confidence for an away trip to Brighton on Saturday might be shot.

I would expect Spurs to finish ahead of United all things being equal. They have a better side, a better squad and a better manager. It would take the arse to fall out of it for them not to finish top 4 imo. How many seasons in a row has Pochettino finished top 4 now - the last 3 is it? Or more?

The big thing is though that all things aren't equal as United are a ticking time bomb with Mourinho at the helm. It could go any which way if Mourinho does get the boot during the season. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:55am
Strange comments by Poch saying his team aren't contenders for any of the trophies this season.
After two defeats in a row I'd have thought he'd be trying to raise the players confidence levels.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 8:35am
Huge game against Brighton this weekend. Could be 4 losses on the bounce
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 8:51am

Strange comments by Poch saying his team aren't contenders for any of the trophies this season.
After two defeats in a row I'd have thought he'd be trying to raise the players confidence levels.

tbh he said in current form
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:24am
Pochettino giving the media absolute socks after the defeat last night. I agree with him in what he was actually saying, but the media are only loving that he reacted in that way. They can now write about meltdowns etc. I really hope it isn't a sign of a deeper unhappiness in him, and that the summers dealings have left him in a sour mood.

On the game yesterday, how they lost that I'll never know. Inter were totally harmless. Great goal by Icardi though. Kane still well off, they will badly need Son, Moura and Alli to be in top form for the next while to carry the slack for Kane it seems. Eriksen is just outstanding to watch, everything is so easy. It's a result that leaves Spurs very little room for erro, but I'd still expect them to make it out of the group. It will mean winning all 3 games remaining against PSV and Inter, still well capable of that imo.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:27am
Think Spurs could struggle in that group now. They have a knack of being able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory too often. Need to play amazing to win games like this, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground where they can just play ok but win a big game.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:32am

Think Spurs could struggle in that group now. They have a knack of being able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory too often. Need to play amazing to win games like this, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground where they can just play ok but win a big game.

Would still fancy Spurs myself. Well capable of beating Inter at home which could be the make or break match for Spurs in round 5. The fact that Inter have Barca in rounds 3 and 4 could be key to Spurs getting through.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 238>
  Share Topic