Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:57am
You can get Spurs at 4/5 on making the top 4! Feel free to thump that Hans.
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

And you should lay that bet. Easy money!!

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:40am
Srong team out today. Kane, Alli and Lloris all playing.

Really need to win today to get over the disappointing transfer window. And to stop MOTD stating Spurs didn’t win this one game because they bought nobody in the transfer window.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:01pm

Why would I do that? I think they will miss out on top 4 but im far from confident unlike Hans.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:11pm

Why would I do that? I think they will miss out on top 4 but im far from confident unlike Hans.

I was saying you should bet against it happening.
5/4 - easy money.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

5/4 - easy money.

Yea I know what laying a bet means! I meant I’m not confident they will miss out on top 4 but if I was to pick two teams to miss out right now I would say Spurs and Arsenal.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:43pm

5/4 - easy money.

Yea I know what laying a bet means! I meant I’m not confident they will miss out on top 4 but if I was to pick two teams to miss out right now I would say Spurs and Arsenal.

The bookies have Spurs and Chelsea roughly the same for top4.

I think they are being a bit unfair on Arsenal. They have a good team if they can sort out the defence. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:47pm

5/4 - easy money.

The bookies have Spurs and Chelsea roughly the same for top4.

I think they are being a bit unfair on Arsenal. They have a good team if they can sort out the defence. 

City are the only guarantees of a top 4 finish, will be interesting to see how Arsenal get on this year! I liked the look of Torreira in the World Cup, Aubameyang will score plenty this season and Sokratis should shore up the defence.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:38pm
As things stand, there are 2 absolute certainties for the top 4. Liverpool and City. That leaves 2 spots. That Spurs team, unless Pochettino loses control or is miserable himself with things, will comfortably finish top 4, as they have done for the past 3 seasons now is it? They could well do much better than just that if things click, they are certainly capable of it. It's not easy to call the last spot because  Chelsea and Arsenal have plenty of pros and cons, and United are an absolute basket case of a football club.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:51pm
Looks like the Stadium will be delayed by at least a month.

Suppose to play Liverpool on the 15th Sept but now that’s moving to Wembley.
The Cardiff game on the 6th Oct has been moved too.

Now looking at 28th Oct v Man City! Should prob wait the week after - why would you want to start with a defeat? 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 3:00am
My mate lives near the stadium and he says it's pretty obvious from looking at it that they are miles behind. 

Edited by Borussia - 14 Aug 2018 at 6:54am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

y mate lives near the stadium and he says it's pretty obvious from looking at it that they are miles behind. 

Yeah I’ve heard the same. They still have loads to do.
In hindsight they should have played in Wembley for 2 seasons and got it all finished properly.

Chelsea if it ever happens reckon they will need to play at Wembley for 3 seasons.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:48am
The cost to rent Wembley for a season is massive so can see why Spurs only wanted the year .Chelsea new stadium build is more complicated and makes sense for them to go for a few seasons if that project happens.

If the stadium opens it November its only about 6 weeks over schedule/ 3 games extra and at 15m per season for Wembley no way would they pay for 2 years.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 3:46pm
Plus Chelsea have to completely demolish and start again.

Spurs were able to do a heap of work before they closed WHL - there was construction work going on for the best part of a year beforehand, afaik.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 3:55pm
Chelsea have a massive job on their hands.

Demolish the stadium, dig down a few levels and then build up, all the while trying to keep the rich neighbors happy.

Spurs just feels like they were rushing with no room for error and apparently will still be doing works for a good few months yet.

Looking forward to seeing the new stadium when it’s complete.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 2:18pm
Alderweireld starts today.
If not going to sell him then he should be starting, makes no sense to leave him on the bench.

Son is away at the Asian Cup for a month so surprised Llorente is not on the bench. He scored a few in pre season.
Jansen is injured and has is also crap.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:12pm
Hopefully Moura can keep improving and be involved more often as the league goes on. Getting his opportunity with Son away on international duty.  Great goal from him Saturday. Lamela is another who was out for long spells with injury who should play a key role this season. His brilliant run set up Kanes goal. Dele has also started brightly. Without buying anyone Spurs are arguably stronger than they were this time 12 months ago. They have lost narrowly in Old Trafford the past couple of seasons despite playing well and it would be a big result if they could turn them over this time. They are there for the taking with all the off field antics.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 9:43pm
Didnt sign anybody
Have gone backwards 
Won’t make top 4

Have just destroyed Man U at Old Trafford. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 238>
  Share Topic