You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 238>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Looks like Spurs have 3rd cemented and a possibility of 2nd still there I think
Will be interesting to see if it's enough to keep Poch, Lloris, Rose, Vertonghen , Kane, Dembele, Ericksen or indeed any of them at the club

LOL

F**k you'll have some hardon the day Spurs sell a few of their top players

I’d say he has the baby oil & tissues on standby awaiting that day 😀
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:42pm
3rd is a solid finish for them with another year of CL football to come which is huge. Moving back to WHL next season as well. Will be massive to keep the majority of the top players there for the club to really kick on now. Really underwhelming season though, PL form up and down with a solid finishing position. Those CL and FA Cup defeats really give the feeling of a very flat season all round though, with the group of players they currently have, I definitely expected more this season. I hope it's not a case of opportunities missed now, and the next few years is an unwinding of all that good work by selling numerous top players.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 10 May 2018 at 12:43pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Looks like Spurs have 3rd cemented and a possibility of 2nd still there I think
Will be interesting to see if it's enough to keep Poch, Lloris, Rose, Vertonghen , Kane, Dembele, Ericksen or indeed any of them at the club

LOL

F**k you'll have some hardon the day Spurs sell a few of their top players

I’d say he has the baby oil & tissues on standby awaiting that day 😀

LOLLOLLOL

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:26pm
Was an acceptable season I would say. The squad really looked threadbare at times though, and for the first time in a few years, Spurs actually looked quite average in some big games. They need to spend some money this summer to improve the squad. Moura, Sissoko, Llorente and Aurier haven't done that sufficiently. They'd be as well tying the likes of Alderweireld down to a new deal while they're at it. And Rose, but that seems to be unlikely.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 May 2018 at 1:26pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:19pm
Definately need to get in and negotiate with the players regarding new contracts etc however people also conveniently forget that Spurs played away from home this season. Wembley might only be up the road but ultimately it wasn't their home patch.
The season did wilt with defeat to Man City followed by the FA semi final defeat but to finish with Champions league qualification is a good season imo. If you take it all into context spurs are the highest placed London team which hasn't happened for years. Beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. They ran Juventus close and were the width of a post away from taking the game to extra time. Beat Real Madrid in the group stages. Second half against Man Utd was awful but then again Utd didn't play football in the second half and were happy enough to sit deep.
While disappointed after that game I would think most Spurs fans will be happen with the season and look forward to big games at WHL nest season. Negotiate with the players who want to stay and keep them happy, get rid of the players who are not up to it or don't want to stay and bring in a couple more if required. With a bit of luck Kane will start scoring in August and they'll have a better start to the season.

Edited by reddladd - 10 May 2018 at 4:00pm
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:52pm
Spurs need to fill out the squad ,they have a good first 11 but its lacking depth. 

If they only lose Rose and Alderweirald this summer they will be doing well.Need to start winning trophies or there will likely be plenty of lads to jump ship.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:25pm
Rose and Alderweireld played very little football this season, so if they were to lose them they wouldn't necessarily be losing starting regulars going into the next season. Huge losses if they go imo, as I think both are top quality, but the actual disruption to the starting 11 is a tiny bit minimised by the fact they've played little this season. Players like Dier, Sissoko should be moved on imo, lots of players out there of far better standard that could replace them.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Rose and Alderweireld played very little football this season, so if they were to lose them they wouldn't necessarily be losing starting regulars going into the next season. Huge losses if they go imo, as I think both are top quality, but the actual disruption to the starting 11 is a tiny bit minimised by the fact they've played little this season. Players like Dier, Sissoko should be moved on imo, lots of players out there of far better standard that could replace them.

Yeah but they were a far better team last season, and those are two of the big reasons why
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:42pm
I agree totally. Have mentioned that myself before. Only mentioning it as in terms of disruption, it's definitely a positive that Sanchez and Vertonghen played so often together this season, so there could be plenty of progress as a pairing next season imo. Davies is a fine player, I just don't think he's at Roses level though. Spurs forward planning in that regard is actually quite good, they would be in a far worse place right now if Davies and Sanchez were definite starters next season but only had a handful of appearances under their belts this season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:52pm
I thought Davies got found out at CL level, and Tripper to an extent too defensively, although he has a good delivery on him. The Aurier signing hasn't worked out at all.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:02pm
At the start of the season with the Wembley impact most people thought they would struggle to get into the top 4.

Looks like they will finish 3rd ahead of Liverpool/ Chelsea and Arsenal. That’s a good season. You have to remember where Spurs were 5-10 years ago. 

Champions league for a 3rd year in a row. 
Man U/Chelsea and Arsenal have not achieved that.

I’m sure they will lose Alderweireld and Rose and maybe 1 more.
But the other big 6 may lose star players too.

Barca and Real have the pick of all the players world wide. 

Man U could lose DeGea
Chelsea have no champions league football for 2 out of the last 3 seasons. Hazard / William may be tempted to leave.
Liverpool will do well to hold onto Salah/Firmino

Interesting summer ahead.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:35pm
It looks almost certain that Rose and Alderweireld will move on. Massive plus if they don't but if it was just those 2 plus someone like Dier, Spurs will be fine. Kane, Alli, Eriksen are the 3 that they simply cannot lose. Vertonghen Son Wanyama next in line imo. Davies and Trippier, I can see the season standing to them and I think Trippier has big scope for improvement in the next couple of years. They aren't in bad shape at all to kick on as long as the biggest names aren't sold on or Pochetino moves on. Going back to WHL will be massive as well you would imagine. Would agree that 3 CL qualifications in a row is very impressive from where they were in years gone by. I do think that with that core group of players they are definitely capable of more in the next couple of years all going well there. I just hope they haven't missed their chance in that regard.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 10 May 2018 at 6:36pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:25pm
Why will Rose move?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:35pm
There’s no guarantee that Rose and/or Alderweld will leave. Depends on how talks about new contracts go. Fair enough Alderweld has the buy out clause but who knows how it will actually pan out. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Why will Rose move?
Didn't Rose make comments last summer about not being paid enough? Then when he was back from injury he was no longer first choice. I presume unless he's given a new contract and told he will be first choice, he would definitely push for a move.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

There’s no guarantee that Rose and/or Alderweld will leave. Depends on how talks about new contracts go. Fair enough Alderweld has the buy out clause but who knows how it will actually pan out. 

Spurs are gonna have to break their wage structure sooner rather than later.
Given the crazy transfer market it better to keep your top players than trying to replace them. 

The new stadium next season will definitely help.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:41pm
What’s the old saying........a bird on the hand 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 4:37pm
No defensive game plan in Wembley today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 238>
  Share Topic