Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 238>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

To judge Kane solely on England performances is mad.
Agree.

But even then, HK has 12 England goals in his first 23 caps, whereas eg Alan Shearer only scored 5 in his first 23 caps, by which time he was also a year older than Kane.

P.S. Jermain Defoe only scored three times in his first 23 caps, whereas Peter Crouch notched 13! "Lies. damned lies and statistics", eh? LOL
I'd say Moleman's comment was aimed at me. I never said Kane should be judged solely on his England performances. I think Kane is a very good player, I don't think he's an elite player. 

He's played in one international tournament and did nothing. Everybody else in the England squad may have played equally as sh*te but that's not the argument.  
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Much better watch

The Benny Hill theme song just suits Kane's tournament in 2016 LOLLOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:26pm
Fond memories of watching that game in an Amsterdam bar full of England fans the night before we went to Paris. Went to the toilet during injury time, hear cheers, assume England have made it 2-0. Nope, Russia have equalised and the place is suddenly full of Irish LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Fond memories of watching that game in an Amsterdam bar full of England fans the night before we went to Paris. Went to the toilet during injury time, hear cheers, assume England have made it 2-0. Nope, Russia have equalised and the place is suddenly full of Irish LOL

That are all Liverpool and United fans every other day of the week LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:59pm
Don't pretend you don't get amusement from seeing England implode at every tournament LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 7:32am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Don't pretend you don't get amusement from seeing England implode at every tournament LOL

Was in the Paris fan zone when that Russian equaliser went in! Good times Clap
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:52pm
Spurs giving all the smaller clubs a trip to Wembley

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:55pm
Great for Rochdale.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:56pm
Typical Spurs Clap
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:12pm
Rumours have it Alderweirelds contract talks have broken down. He'd be a huge loss for them.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Rumours have it Alderweirelds contract talks have broken down. He'd be a huge loss for them.
Maybe, maybe not.

I agree he's our best defender - indeed one of the best in England. But he'll be 29 next week, so if he's sold in the summer, he should attract a 'top dollar' fee, esp if he has a good World Cup.

Meanwhile, his sale would help Spurs preserve the club's salary scale, his (I assume) long term replacement, Sanchez, is ahead of schedule and if Sanchez's long term replacement (Foyth) is still some way short of EPL standard, there's no reason why the club couldn't buy an interim replacement. (Dier can also step in, if necessary)

Which is no different from when they sold Walker to City - Trippier has stepped up admirably, Aurier is OK (just about) as his deputy and they've time to find a top young prospect for the future - Kyle Walker-Peters, perhaps?
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:32pm
how long is left on toby's contract?
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Afaik it expires in summer 2019. Spurs have an option to extend it by another year, but if they do so, then Alderweireld has a £25m release fee at the end of it.

It's still a balancing act. If TA forces a move now, Spurs will demand - and get - VVD-level money for him, which would restrict his ability to negotiate a big salary and signing-on fee. And it would also fund new signings for Spurs.

But if he waits another year, Spurs could exercise the option, which could see his being 31 before he gets away, by which time he'll be somewhat less attractive to potential purchasers. Meanwhile, Spurs would still be getting £25m (and 5 years service) out of a player who cost them £11.5m.

Once again, Levy is playing his hand beautifully and Poch is reportedly cool with the situation. Compare that to Arsenal/Wenger's handling of Sanchez or Ozil, for instance.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Feb 2018 at 1:45pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:03pm

Afaik it expires in summer 2019. Spurs have an option to extend it by another year, but if they do so, then Alderweireld has a £25m release fee at the end of it.

It's still a balancing act. If TA forces a move now, Spurs will demand - and get - VVD-level money for him, which would restrict his ability to negotiate a big salary and signing-on fee. And it would also fund new signings for Spurs.

But if he waits another year, Spurs could exercise the option, which could see his being 31 before he gets away, by which time he'll be somewhat less attractive to potential purchasers. Meanwhile, Spurs would still be getting £25m (and 5 years service) out of a player who cost them £11.5m.

Once again, Levy is playing his hand beautifully and Poch is reportedly cool with the situation. Compare that to Arsenal/Wenger's handling of Sanchez or Ozil, for instance.

What would you do Terry?

Sell him in the summer for £60/70M or wait one year and sell him for £25M...

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:54pm
I would let him go. You can't have unrest or distractions. It can't always be about the money. The project is more important and you need players who will buy in to it. You'd thiunk he would keep his head down until the end of the season as there is still a lot to play for.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

What would you do Terry?

Sell him in the summer for £60/70M or wait one year and sell him for £25M...

I don't know about spurs getting that kind of price for toby. bit of a catch22 on it - if they activate the additional year, then everyone knows the price of 25m. but if they don't activate, then the player has just one year left. I can't see someone paying VVD prices. would still command a good price, I've no doubt about that, but just don't think it would be north of 50m

any clue as to what spurs are offering him on the contract extension? can't help but think the next couple of years could be easily wasted away by not making a firm decision early on
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:08pm
Levy will sell him for as much as he can get rather than losing him for £25m, which is nothing for a player like him these days.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I would let him go. You can't have unrest or distractions. It can't always be about the money. The project is more important and you need players who will buy in to it. You'd thiunk he would keep his head down until the end of the season as there is still a lot to play for.
Agree with this. The unrest and distraction caused is as much a problem as the amount of money recouped. Spurs need to sort these scenarios well before new seasons kick off. They have the bones of a top European squad there. They really shouldn't be bickering with players throughout summers while all efforts should be on a big push for the new season. Whatever they do, they need to sort it early doors and get their squad plans sorted. Alderweireld and Rose both in this situation I would presume.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 238>
  Share Topic